Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

B20A or F22B ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's look like F20A engine. it's look same like my engine.

Comment

http://www.torontoaccords.com/viewto...p?f=59&t=61723

my f20a

Comment

What does the Stamping on the square next to the exhaust manifold say? could this be a Frankenstein motor?

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
        MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

This thread is nearly a year old... why are we digging it up?

Comment

there's a lot of changes of motor modification at this moment. dosen't matter it's already a nearly a year old but some newbies out there still need to know about this engine. and some of us already know the performance of this engine and some are still digging up about this engine. so is there any a problem to digging up?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              This thread is nearly a year old... why are we digging it up?
              Because I'm curious.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Early 3rd gen Preludes had the B20, later ones had the B21. It's not the same as the Accord/Vigor one, though. Mechanically, yes... but it mounts differently (it's frustrating for 3rd gen guys in the US, because we never got the Accord/Vigor B20, and we can't use the ones we have here!)
              Wait... What?
              From what I understand, there are two versions of the B20A. One in the 86-87 lude and 86-89 vigor/accord, which leaned away from the firewall. The other, which was in the 88-91 lude (which also had the B21) that leaned toward the firewall.

Originally posted by YK86 View Post
              Wow, that is a weird swap! I have the 86-89 Accord twin cam JDM B20A for my 86 Accord but I can't imagine it swapped into a CB. The motor tilts the wrong way (f22, h22, USDM 88-91 Prelude B20A all tilt towards firewall while these B20A's tilt forward) for one thing and wiring it totally different too. Also the 160HP JDM B20A has the Honda logo on the middle towards the front of the car on the valve cover so it sounds like you have that motor (the USDM Prelude B20A had the emblem in the corner). Here's what mine looks like on my engine stand mounted how it would be in the car.

Just curious but what year is your CB? Please post pics as I am very curious about this.
              Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
              I am doubting he has a B20A (not trying to disrespect here), but look at your valve cover.

1) The oil cap is in different spots.
              2) The distributor is mounted differently
              3) There is a breather tube going into his valve cover (not on yours)
              4) Spark plug depression contours of valve cover is shallower on yours (deeper in his)
              5) Yours has a plastic timing belt cover (his is still part of the valve cover)
              etc. etc.

I am suspecting this may be a F20a not B20a (possibly miss heard the previous owner).

The car is right hand drive so an F20a is not out of the question. They may have cars configured for their market (Indonesia or Malaysia) but using JDM engines.

I will try confirm it when i compare it to my engine which is a JDM F20a. Though my car is an actual JDM car. Still his engine looks very similar to my F20a.
              Originally posted by YK86 View Post
              His pics of the car/motor weren't there originally so I could only go by what he was describing. Now that I have seen the pics, that motor is NOT the B20A I have. Definitely looks like a f series.....but can't really tell which version.
              Well, if my research serves me, there are two completely different versions of the B20A. One that came in early 3rd-gen Preludes, the 2nd-gen Vigors, and the 3rd-gen Accords. The other that came in the later 3rd-gen Preludes. (Which also came with the B21.)

That would explain the differences in the motors. But, if that was true, then there would be a lot of confusion, (me included) and the mounts (and motors) would be completely different for the 86-87 and 88-91 Preludes.

Either way, both versions of the 3rd-gen Prelude are very different from 4th-gen accords. I would like to know what is up with his car, if it really is a B20A.

Edit: Well, I guess since he hasn't been on since this thread died, we won't know.
              Too bad, this thread was really intriguing.
              I still want to know.
              Last edited by cbscandal; 07-26-2011, 05:35 AM.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

cbscandal, you're right. There are two versions of the B20A.

Originally posted by rafiq34 View Post
                there's a lot of changes of motor modification at this moment. dosen't matter it's already a nearly a year old but some newbies out there still need to know about this engine. and some of us already know the performance of this engine and some are still digging up about this engine. so is there any a problem to digging up?
                Yes, but you posted a link to your F20A, which really doesn't really help all that much with the question at hand... aside from MAYBE identifying an engine owned by a member that no longer visits this forum.

Comment

Working...
                X