I'm 48,000 Words In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    I believe I'm improving fast and really getting the hang of this.

"...As they cruised through the open waters, the yacht rocked to a slow side to side rhythm moved by the current. Marquis could smell the air's scent changing with ever nautical mile. He was no longer breathing in diesel and petrol fumes that filled the city air. With every deep breath he took, clean crisp air with a hint of salt rushed into his lungs. Move Out was standing at the bow trying to mentally get at a place of peace and relaxation. He was in a semi-zoned out state looking down at the water. The small waves created by the yacht resembled a salmon being parted with a knife by an itame. The other part of M.O. that wasn't in la-la land was growing more nervous from the sirens off into the distance. Move Out tried to focus on the immediate environment, but the sirens wouldn't let him. He even attempted to convince himself the sirens were a figment of his imagination, and he was in the clear to a new life..."

In the editing phase.
    Who snitched?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      Who snitched?

Hmmm. The saga continues.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Go and read the new reviews posted on my company's website for #SixGears. Some of y'all just may be interested in this story. Oh, and BTW, the sequel is now complete and in editing. 🤯

www.athypowersports.com/store

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Hell ya!
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

First round of editing is almost in the bag for the sequel.

If readers enjoyed the outcome of M.O.'s and his crew's journey, and how Six Gears as a whole ended, I think you'll be blown away when you see what happens to everyone next.

I'm just sayin'! Be ever so prepared.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Tentative publish date for Six Gears sequel. 10/01/2020.

The date could be moved closer or further depending on...

Beta books are being prepared.

#SixGears #sequel #comingsoon #AthyPowersports #author

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Nice work Ant! Looking forward to another good read.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Thanks. Still working to bring something good to the table.

"...A few minutes later, Shift was heading out of Ine’s front door to get into his LS3 equipped sedan. He had the journey of a long ride ahead of him to get home. Ine lived at least an hour away from his house with no traffic. A few minutes into his drive, Shift was feeling great on his morning cruise home. The rays from the sun warmed his skin, traffic was almost nonexistent, and the breeze coming in through the sunroof and windows danced across the hairs on his arms. The pleasure he was experiencing mimicked laying in a hammock on a Caribbean island while sipping a blended chopped-ice alcoholic beverage under clear blue skies with a twist of a light breeze. Shift had his music at a pleasant decibel level while he cruised in sixth gear traveling at eighty miles-per-hour. That hour of free-spirited enjoyment lasted all the way until his exit from the freeway..."
                  Last edited by Straight Success; 06-08-2020, 09:50 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

"...A few minutes later, Shift was heading out of Ine’s front door to get into his LS3 equipped sedan. He had the journey of a long ride ahead of him to get home. Ine lived at least an hour away from his house with no traffic. A few minutes into his drive, Shift was feeling great on his morning cruise home. The rays from the sun warmed his skin, traffic was almost nonexistent, and the breeze coming in through the sunroof and windows danced across the hairs on his arms. The pleasure he was experiencing mimicked laying in a hammock on a Caribbean island while sipping a blended chopped-ice alcoholic beverage under clear blue skies with a twist of a light breeze. Shift had his music at a pleasant decibel level while he cruised in sixth gear traveling at eighty miles-per-hour. That hour of free-spirited enjoyment lasted all the way until his exit from the freeway..."
                    Changed it up a little. Still editing. Trying to find the right touch, feel, and read.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

"...A few minutes later, Shift was heading out of Ine’s front door to get into his LS3 equipped WAGON. He had the journey of a long ride ahead of him to get home. Ine lived at least an hour away from his house with no traffic. A few minutes into his drive, Shift was feeling great on his morning cruise home. The rays from the sun warmed his skin, traffic was almost nonexistent, and the breeze coming in through the sunroof and windows danced across the hairs on his arms. The pleasure he was experiencing mimicked laying in a hammock on a Caribbean island while sipping a blended chopped-ice alcoholic beverage under clear blue skies with a twist of a light breeze. Shift had his music at a pleasant decibel level while he cruised in sixth gear traveling at eighty miles-per-hour. That hour of free-spirited enjoyment lasted all the way until his exit from the freeway..."
                      FTFY

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

FTFY

She's just about done. I'll keep you all posted.

I reread some of my first book while comparing it to my writing and editing in the sequel, and damn, I see so much improvement. I wish I could go back and tweak a few things on the first one. But, the second book is going to be a much more smoother and fluid read, so the improvement is bringing a smile to my face. And, the plot twists....

I'm so looking forward to seeing both books in movie form in the future.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I believe I'm improving fast and really getting the hang of this.

"...As they cruised through the open waters, the yacht rocked to a slow side to side rhythm moved by the current. Marquis could smell the air's scent changing with ever nautical mile. He was no longer breathing in diesel and petrol fumes that filled the city air. With every deep breath he took, clean crisp air with a hint of salt rushed into his lungs. Move Out was standing at the bow trying to mentally get at a place of peace and relaxation. He was in a semi-zoned out state looking down at the water. The small waves created by the yacht resembled a salmon being parted with a knife by an itame. The other part of M.O. that wasn't in la-la land was growing more nervous from the sirens off into the distance. Move Out tried to focus on the immediate environment, but the sirens wouldn't let him. He even attempted to convince himself the sirens were a figment of his imagination, and he was in the clear to a new life..."

In the editing phase.
                          Who snitched?
                          A quick question for whoever.

This is just a thought/idea. During all of this, is M.O. awake or dreaming? 🤔

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Synopsis Draft

Six Gears - ************** (The Sequel)

Synopsis Draft : (Yes, I will have to edit this. Key word here is draft. It's late, and I'm tired).

Although Marquis “Move Out” Mariolis willed his friends the resources to make his goals become reality after his disappearance, new hindrances surfaced in the lives of those who interacted with Move Out around the time of his surmised death. Back to back obstacles were a constant battle for anyone trying to offer something positive toward the completion of Move Out’s requested wishes. Compounding stumbling blocks affected everyone from teenagers who had a traumatic childhood, to models who were part-time college students, in addition to city council members in different communities while reaching as far as the executive branch of state government. However, through all the turmoil, Move Out had secretly done so many good deeds prior to his untimely departure and in his absence, karma was able to counterbalance the negativity evolving in the lives of those who once interacted with Move Out. Did Move Out execute enough good deeds to bring about a positive change in his community, or will the same identity politics continue to hurt those who were closest to Move Out?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

A small snippet from Six Gears' sequel.

Let me know what conclusions, if any, you can draw from this passage.

"...M.O. hung up the phone. His teeth were tightly compressed together from his jaw’s clamping force. The phone, if it could breathe, was getting the life squeezed out of it while under the grip of his right hand. He rotated his arm back, and then threw the phone against the cemented brick wall in the stairwell. The phone exploded upon impact creating plastic shrapnel flying all over the staircase. He rushed back into the condo and grabbed his main phone..."

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Possible spoiler from first book:

I conclude that one of his side businesses were seized or he got robbed again.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X