Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Everyone Handling Our Current State of Affairs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post

... and the wife, well, she does her own thing while claiming head of household...
    I have some work to do. I'll pray for you, moderator!
    Last edited by Straight Success; 04-15-2020, 01:17 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Oh, and I PM'ed this...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-...house-bill/748

Straight from the source. F' the middle men (and women) regarding these exchange of ideas and facts.
      Last edited by Straight Success; 04-15-2020, 01:41 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This ends. Now.

Comment

Thanks for stepping in ref. Good call.

In other news, the air has been so crisp and clean. Me being optimistic when everything else seems to be chaotic; you know, trying to find some positive with so much negative stemming from our pandemic. Now how am I... back to the drawing board.
          Last edited by Straight Success; 04-15-2020, 09:17 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I know this may be not the right place for this, but I am curious how people are staying physically active when homebound.

I was a gym rat a few years back, lost motivation, got married, got quarantined, and now I am interested in getting back into fitness. I have a less than ideal situation:
            -almost no weight (1 20lbs. kettlebell and some resistance bands)
            -tiny house
            -weights are freakin EXPENSIVE!

What are you guys doing to stay in shape? Any ideas to my weight problem?
            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Yard work and long walks for me. Though definitely not enough, because I lost a notch on my belt.

Comment

Walking my dogs and I'm going nuts cooking lately. Honestly, I don't go anywhere unless I have to.

I've been helping out a friend sort out his car and try and get it on the road after he's had it on stands for about a year. My car is currently torn apart for an audio install and I'm just observing the news which is starting to become irritating lately so much so that I began watching YT videos.

So far my top two channels:

DIY Perks he built a DIY deskstop PC using a laptop with a broken screen and a BNIB Asus flat screen monitor.

Boosted Boiz Never really caught on to them until I watched their H22 turbo build video on that Odyssey until I discovered I was about 3 years to late to the party and by the time I got to the next video: The van was packing a turbo K24 with a sequentail transmission and an AWD setup from parts off of a UK spec Odyssey,

And then for nostalgia I've suscribed to DYK Gaming.
                Henry R
                Koni/Neuspeed
                1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I haven't been able to work in so long, video games and YouTube can only sustain my attention for so long. So I came back here and it turns out I can still remember my username and password lol!

My stimulus money came in today and I've been looking through Craigslist for another CB. I haven't driven one since 2013 and I've been getting that itch. I'm not going to buy one yet, thinking about creating content and becoming self-employed instead.

I've been drooling over all the member rides, doing research here and there. Sucks there's no more CB of the month

Picture courtesy of JezzWolf!

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
                    I know this may be not the right place for this, but I am curious how people are staying physically active when homebound.

I was a gym rat a few years back, lost motivation, got married, got quarantined, and now I am interested in getting back into fitness. I have a less than ideal situation:
                    -tiny house

I'm seeing way more people out jogging and walking their dogs than before. Using your own body weight and exercising the old fashioned way wouldn't be a bad start either. Push-ups, sit-ups, etc. I have zero interest in fitness (not that I'm out of shape), but I would think those endurance-building exercises are better for you than body building anyway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC0z9B0p1L4
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-15-2020, 07:19 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by Ferocious Cake View Post
                      I haven't been able to work in so long, video games and YouTube can only sustain my attention for so long. So I came back here and it turns out I can still remember my username and password lol!

My stimulus money came in today and I've been looking through Craigslist for another CB. I haven't driven one since 2013 and I've been getting that itch. I'm not going to buy one yet, thinking about creating content and becoming self-employed instead.

I've been drooling over all the member rides, doing research here and there. Sucks there's no more CB of the month
                      Joey GTR needs to get back on it!

In addition to trying to work from home (and being the de facto IT contact for much of the staff since our usual guy is way busier than me) I’ve been doing a few fun things:

I put together a very rudimentary recording setup, and I’m working on doing a solo recording. Thinking I’ll try some awful black metal.

I’m building my own guitar pedals. None work yet... but I’m building them!

Talking with my old band about trying to make music together again (over Zoom at the moment)

I keep wanting to try writing a book, learn German, and get back into brewing beer, but I haven’t started any of that yet. It looks as if I’m going to have time!

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post

-tiny house

If you're married, I am sure you can just ask your wife for some "stay fit" ideas. Probably lots of stuff that needs done around the house!

In all seriousness though, at this point, I feel like exercise is more of a mental health benefit than physical. Just getting out and walking helps.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          If you're married, I am sure you can just ask your wife for some "stay fit" ideas. Probably lots of stuff that needs done around the house!

In all seriousness though, at this point, I feel like exercise is more of a mental health benefit than physical. Just getting out and walking helps.
                          She and I split chores pretty evenly, though I end up putting many more work hours so sometimes she has a head start.

I agree with you, though. I have never liked doing cardio and have always enjoyed weight lifting. It's the only thing I know how to do and do it well.

I think I'm going to sneak out and get some concrete and make my own weights.
                          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I'm sure we'll be paying this back through an increase in normal taxes, though. Nothing's free. But as this check stands, I guess I'll be stimulating the economy by getting wheels and tires for the wagon! Tires that came with it are dry-rotted anyway, and stock wheels aren't wide enough.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I finally got around to checking the status of my stimulus check, and it turns out the IRS had discarded my direct deposit information from when I filed taxes. Had to reenter my routing and account numbers. So if you're still waiting despite using direct deposit to file your taxes, check up at irs.gov to make sure they still have your information.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I work for a bank so I have been working this entire time soooo busy.
                                Processing all these loan documents for small businesses in Maryland
                                looking to receive the government PPP Loans.

Still have yet to get my stimulus check!

Oh yeah I bought a house on March 13th so that has been what my main
                                focus is right now.

& somehow I met a very nice girl in January so we have been dating
                                throughout this whole Pandemic!

The F22B has Bisimoto springs with stock retainers. Tuning when I can.
                                It loves some timing throughout the powerband! Why did Civics not
                                come with a 2.2L?
                                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                                X