JSK Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JSK Coilovers

Well I ordered this set yesterday as a Valentine's gift for my CB. They're made by JSK. They're a relatively new company from what I've read. For $500ish I took the plunge. Figured I'd spend about the same for new struts and springs. I am also installing new front upper adjustable control arms, lower control arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, ball joints, rear camber kit, rear lower control arms, practically just about everything. I'm using name brand and Honda OEM parts. My car has 199xxx miles at the moment and there's a lot of worn parts. Thought I'd celebrate for 200k lol. I'm installing everything myself and performing an alignment. I'm going the whole nine yards with this.

On a side note I've been on the site for 7 years now, I've been a lurker for too long. Thought I'd start contributing to the site haha.

Anywho here is the link for the coilovers on Amazon, which is where I ordered them from. If you're interested in buying them Amazon has them priced lower than every other site I've seen.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will be doing updates along the way.
    Long time listener, first time caller.
    1993 Accord LX- Sold (05/2007)
    1992 Accord EX- Totalled (06/2014)
    1996 Accord Wagon EX (Current ride/daily)
    1995 Accord Wagon EX (Beater)

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=156176

awesome man
    keep us updated and reviewed
    -Tyler

Comment

Sweet keep us up to date

Comment

For $500, I truly can't imagine they're quality. When it comes to suspension stuff, I would hesitate to trust something so cheap. R&D, materials, craftsmanship, and quality control would likely suffer greatly to achieve such a low price (and be able to make a profit.) Chances are, these are no different than the other cheap coilovers on the market... likely identical parts, made at the same factory in China or Taiwan, and colored/marked to fit the customer's requirements (in this case, JSK.)
        At least JSK is the seller, and it's not a reseller. A reseller would make me even more concerned, seeing as that would mean a third party was making a profit on that low price! Since they're new, that could also suggest a reason for the low price. Get your product out there, even if it's at a loss.

Still... there are known quality components available for our cars. I don't know that I'd be willing to trust my life to something brand new and dirt cheap!

Good luck. Hopefully they're safe, at least!

Comment

At first I was thinking the same thing as you. I looked at several reviews from 240sx and RSX forums. All the reviews I've read said they're good. So I needed new struts and springs I decided to buy these. It'd cost me about the same if I got struts and lowering springs. I'm still waiting for them. Patiently. -.-

Comment

Don't forget, new products = reviews written before any problems arise.
            When D2 and Omnipower came out with their stuff (about the same time, it seems), people loved them. They were HUGELY popular. Then they started falling apart.

Be very wary of brand new parts, especially when they're half the price of most known quality parts... especially when your life is riding on them.

Comment

Hopefully they'll be ok. I'm not planning on "slamming" her nor driving crazy.

I'll be doing regular updates to this thread to see how they hold up.

Comment

Review, install notes, one month impression

Hey guys and gals! Sorry I've been meaning to post a review on these, been caught up with work, school, spring break, social life. Any who here is my review and one month impression/review.

When I got these in the mail they came in just a simple box with no labels or anything. They were wrapped in bubble wrap. Nothing impressive about the packaging to say the least. Could've used more bubble wrap or something they still moved quite a bit in the box and potentially gotten damaged during shipping.
                Here they are fresh out the box. They have 16 damper settings, they click on each setting. They feel nice on every click.

Did have a bit of trouble getting the front brake line brackets to actually fit in correctly, I had to bend them quite a bit and wasn't able to install one of the bolts in. Not a big deal to me I just used a zip tie to hold the line in place.

Now the rears were also also easy to install. The only problem I ran into was finding a nut to use at the bottom of the knuckle. The coilovers didn't come with one so I had to improvise. I used one of the top mounting nuts.

When I installed these I also went ahead and installed new ball joints, LCAs, RCAs upper and lower. Tie rod ends etc. Also I did an alignment.

At the time of this post I have had these on for about a month. I live in Dallas. I drive about 30 miles daily. The DFW area doesn't have very good roads. Any of my Dallas peeps know you can't go a couple miles without running into A) Absurd traffic. B) Construction just about everywhere. C) Shitty roads.

With that being said, I was pleasantly surprised by these. I have them set on setting "8" which is the middle setting on the dampers and lowered at about 2 inches front and back. They aren't killing my back, I've had people people ride with me and no complaints other than "why would you lower your car? It's already low as it is!" But no complaints about ride quality lol.

I'm still playing around with the height settings and damper setting at the time of this writing. If I had to rate them on a 1-10 scale I'd give these a solid 7/10.

Comment

I did some research on the company. Looks like the parent company is Aero Designs USA Inc. The website is barely 2 years old.

Legal action has already been taken against Aero Designs USA, Inc regarding a copyright violation, by Vision Autodynamics.
                  http://e-foia.uspto.gov/Foia/Reteriv...946_T_85397287

NOT a very good sign.

Comment

I think these will not be the greatest but I will not say deadly. The body LOOKS solidly built and they could have gone with a cheaper design, but lets see where this goes as looks are always deceiving.

For Science!
                    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Looks great so far
                      7/10 rating sold me
                      I would buy and try...but for 30$ more you can get function&form type 1's
                      thanks for the review though im sure it will be helpful
                      -Tyler

Comment

Working...
                      X