Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

egr delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

egr delete

I would like to delete my egr, and remove it from the car. The reason i want to do it b/c my egr system is bad on my car. The control valve went out. I have looked at the wiring schematics for this system. Looks like this can be done with relays and resistors. I just want to know if anybody on here has tackled this?

thanks

chase

I looked through a few threads on the topic, and it seems most people just block it off. I haven't seen anything about wiring up something to fool the ECU into thinking there's a functioning EGR valve there. It'd probably be easier to just pick up a new control valve, or even a junkyard one.

Comment

Yea i did a search and could not find anything. You are right it would be easier to just fix it, but i like challenges. I am going to see what I can do. If it works out i will let you know.

chase

Comment

Definitely. It'll be a good addition to our collection of cool stuff. Write up a DIY and you'll be immortalized in the DIY section!

If I find anything, I'll post it up for you.

Comment

I'd imagine you could redo a few wires and trick it... Just gotta rerun them to something in a similar circuit... I'm no wiring guy but thats the only thing I can think of

Comment

When i get it done i will put it up in the DIY section. Bascally that is what it will be a small circuit. When the egr is commanded to be open i need x volts going to the computer input and when the egr is commanded to be close i need y volts. This will all be control by the out put on the computer. Hopefully i will have this completed in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to chip a p06 and then have it programmed not to look for the EGR?

Comment

When you say chip a p06 are you referring i just burn my factory file on the p06 minus the egr function?

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                  Wouldn't it be easier to chip a p06 and then have it programmed not to look for the EGR?
                  how much would that cost next to couple bucks in components and some grey matter time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShowStopper71z2 View Post
                    When you say chip a p06 are you referring i just burn my factory file on the p06 minus the egr function?
                    desolder the ROM and resolder in a new socket and EPROM and yes load a customized..firmware i guess you could say nullifying the EGR specifics

Comment

Yea you can find a po6 chip it and delete the egr
                      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

would this work?

cut the plug off the egr.
                        wire it to a relay so whenever the egr needs to flip on it throws the relay switch?

maybe i dont understand how a relay works but i would imagine u could wire up some sorta switch to nothing just so it tricks the circuit to the comp that the egr is functioning and switches off when the egr is not needed.

???

thoughts on this.
                        Accord SE

93se
                        Members Ride
                        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

I think what he is trying to do is wire in a relay to close a circuit when the solenoid would fire than take the optimum voltage from the sensor and recreate this using a resistor to send this back to the ecu to fool it into thinking the sensor is functioning properly, from what I just read it should be around 1.2 volts closed and 4.2 open from what I've read. Nice work on thinking outside the box, this mod would be cheaper than a chipped ecu.
                          My work in progress!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990exr View Post
                            I think what he is trying to do is wire in a relay to close a circuit when the solenoid would fire than take the optimum voltage from the sensor and recreate this using a resistor to send this back to the ecu to fool it into thinking the sensor is functioning properly, from what I just read it should be around 1.2 volts closed and 4.2 open from what I've read. Nice work on thinking outside the box, this mod would be cheaper than a chipped ecu.
                            excatly what i was going to do. the computer will turn pull the relay in when the egr is supposed to open. when the relay is closed 1.2 volts will go to computer to tell it that the egr is closed. when the computer request the valve to open the relay will pulland 4.2 volts will go to the computer to tell the computee the egr valve is open.

Comment

but chipping a p06 has its other advantages as well...
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X