No announcement yet.

Manual transmission buying options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Do you follow Speedhunters? They just featured an E39 wagon that the owner converted into an "M5 Touring"

http://www.speedhunters.com/2019/02/...t-get-to-keep/

Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-26-2019, 01:11 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

No offense, but beside their headlights I find all BMWs ugly. The pic you posted someone who had taste made a front bumper for a BMW

I've kind of made up my mind...

I think unless I can find an 08 TSX, low KM, manual I'm just going to save up for a 2016+ Audi S4. It's similar to the TSX in many ways and I like the size of 1st gen TSX. It has power and looks sharp. If I can't afford that anytime soon then........ not sure. I'd rather dump $ into the TSX I have now....
      Last edited by Raf99; 02-26-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I really liked the manual 2016 Golf R I rented on Turo. It was a fun and sporty package and was just the right size of car.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ooooo. I missed that article. Nice read!

Lol, I'm not offended at all. You don't see too many people calling the E39 ugly, so it's definitely a different opinion, but I respect that.

Your choices are pretty limited with newer cars. that manual transmission is a helluva filter.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            I really liked the manual 2016 Golf R I rented on Turo. It was a fun and sporty package and was just the right size of car.
            Modern cars don't honestly interest me, but if I were to suddenly want a brand new equivalent of a '90s Honda... I'd get a Golf, haha. I don't know what it is, but I see more '90s Honda 'spirit' in a modern GTI than I do in any Honda since the DC5/EP3, S2000, and some of the older Fits.
            Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-27-2019, 12:20 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Ya, I love the Golf R / GTI inside to be honest. I find their seats are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. My body tingles sitting in them yet the seats look so simple. I just wish they made a sedan version of the GTI or made it look more manly.

Comment

^ There are four-door GTIs. A hatchback will give you as much cargo space as a trunk, if not more. I don't know what you mean by "manly," unless you want something with more Charger SRT-esque "macho"-ness, but they're perfectly mature looking cars.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                Modern cars don't honestly interest me, but if I were to suddenly want a brand new equivalent of a '90s Honda... I'd get a Golf
                And Honda agrees with me. They've made what appears to be an electric Golf.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-03-2019, 05:53 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The GTI’s plaid seats are rad. I wish more companies did that!

Comment

Hi all

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me with this. I was || this close to buying a Audi S4 when this amazing ride showed up for sale. Guy needed a SUV as him and his wife were having a baby.

2017 Audi S4 S-Line 6 speed. Sedan / Black on Black The rear seats are amazing, the technology is overwhelming, and the ride is amazing. I will admit that the clutch pedal travel is far more than the Acura but I'm getting use to it. If anyone knows more secrets of this rig please PM me.

Comment

Black on black on black on black. Beautiful! Audi has some of the very best designs, and they age extremely well. That thing will look like a new car for a decade!
                      2017, so I assume you still have some factory warranty left?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Black on black on black on black. Beautiful! Audi has some of the very best designs, and they age extremely well. That thing will look like a new car for a decade!
                        2017, so I assume you still have some factory warranty left?
                        Yes, still have 4 years /80,000km. Car now has 37,000km. May purchase the extended warranty. Part of me thinks it's too rare to drive as a daily driver :P

Comment

I wouldn't mind a wagon version of that, don't think they make it in manual though. Beautiful find sir!

And regarding daily driving it: screw it, that's why you bought it. Enjoy the heck out of it while it's yours.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I read somewhere that most new manual cars sold were VW lol. Including the wagon ones.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Toyota has a few as well. I kinda like that new hatch they have, and of course the new Accord 2.0T (Type-R for adults).
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                                Guy needed a SUV as him and his wife were having a baby.
                                Can someone please explain this to me? Crossover sales and their resulting killing-off of many regular cars is frustrating the hell out of me. This move by the consumer makes zero sense unless you have so many children as to justify a third row. As the middle of five kids, and having lived in states as varied as California, South Dakota, and Colorado, I have some practical experience as to why an SUV isn't necessary.

- A two-row SUV doesn't have more room than a sedan, except for a taller trunk, in which case why not get a wagon for even more room?

- As 99% of drivers - even in CO - don't see anything rougher than a dirt road, the ground clearance is pointless. And crossovers, the popular style, aren't any better off road than an AWD car anyway, since they're basically the same thing but with a lift kit. "I want to see over traffic" isn't going to be a thing when every other vehicle on the road is also an SUV and therefore at your same height. I could maybe see justification of the ground clearance in Canada, but the fact that he got the sedan in the first place shows that his life doesn't take him off road and that he doesn't have big problems with snow up there; having a baby in the back seat isn't going to change that.

- Is it safety for your kids you're after? Because crash tests have shown that an SUV isn't any safer for the passengers. All you're doing is hurling more weight at the other car you hit and potentially making it more dangerous for them.

- Fuel economy, if anything, is going to be that little bit worse from the increased weight.

- The "amazing" rear seats you found in this thing (nice car, btw, not trying to take away from your purchase!) make this particular sale all the more confusing.

If it were me, I'd have talked this idiot out of selling his car and went looking somewhere else . I hate people.
                                Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-01-2019, 02:23 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X