Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

egr delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta bring this from the dead. Has anyone figured out how to remove the egr completely, with a stock ecu?
    I'm not sure but isn't it possible to just keep the black part plugged in and keep the vac hose open? Then the metel part can be removed and blocked off. I just want to know if the vac hose should stay open or should it be closed.
    Last edited by D-rock615; 04-30-2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Why would you want to? EGR boost gas mileage. There is literally no logical drawback to getting rid of it.
      '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
        Why would you want to? EGR boost gas mileage. There is literally no logical drawback to getting rid of it.
        I have noticed my car runs alot smoother. I ran it today without the egr and my engine is running smoother and has a better response. That's just my opinion. I'm just trying to make sure if the vac hose should stay open. I'm starting to think so because I didn't have a problem yet. Here in Ohio, there is no inspections. So I'm cool without it, now if I was still in NY I wouldn't have taken it off.
        Last edited by D-rock615; 04-30-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Then the system isn't operating properly or you just think it does. If the system is operating properly you get much better gas mileage and more responsive throttle at cruising speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
            would this work?

cut the plug off the egr.
            wire it to a relay so whenever the egr needs to flip on it throws the relay switch?

maybe i dont understand how a relay works but i would imagine u could wire up some sorta switch to nothing just so it tricks the circuit to the comp that the egr is functioning and switches off when the egr is not needed.

???

thoughts on this.
            Not possible
            I have tackled this issue a few years ago there was a thread on preludepower about it
            i wired up a relay, and a potentiometer to the egr circuit(not sure which wires i used) but i think there were 2-3 and a ground.
            i was guided to set the pot. at 2.2k ohms i believe
            needless to say all this was pointless and the CEL for the EGR would come on under heavy engine load ie: going up a hill in 2nd or 3rd.
            it WORKED for about the first 5 minutes of driving the car then it triggered when the engine barely even bogged down.
            However i reset my ecu at the track one day, ran about 3 passes most WOT and the CEL never came on sooo i am not an electrical engineeer but it is better off to get a chipped p06 with the EGR/EVAP disabled
            -Tyler

Comment

The EGR system is digital. You can't use analog components to simulate it's functionality.

Comment

Then the system isn't operating properly or you just think it does. If the system is operating properly you get much better gas mileage and more responsive throttle at cruising speeds.
                Domesticated is right after thinking about it. I'm just going to put it back on, but I'm looking for a good way to clean the EGR system as we speak. I have a lot build up in there, any suggestions.

Comment

The EGR system is digital. You can't use analog components to simulate it's functionality.
                  It is analog.

On the ECU between pins D12 and D22, the voltage varies from 1.2V with no vacuum applied and 4.3V with 200 mm HG of vacuum applied.

You want to fool the ECU into thinking that the EGR lift sensor is still there. The block diagram describes that sensor as a potentiometer.

Edit: I think the solenoid is PWM modulated to control the amount of lift (vacuum), is that what you meant by "digital?" In that case, the best way to fool the ECU is to take that PWM signal, and output a voltage based on the duty cycle of the PWM signal...It'll run like ass
                  Last edited by sonikaccord; 05-03-2014, 08:04 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I was trying to describe the process as simply as possible. I tried making the point that it can't be replaced with a simple resistor or relay.

Comment

Im going to try the one vague solution, except he was saying the relay was going nuts (because of the PWM signal) Ill use a solid state relay instead for that.

Comment

Old thread but its never too late for priceless info.

http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...ing-you-money/
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

egr tuck

ok so I have seen this question asked a few times. and what I did in mine. is if you delete the egr. with a block off plate then take the egr valve and hise it somewhere extend wires whatever. just make the egr has the switched vacumn hose connected. as long as the valve moves when commanded no check engine light. it does not moniter flow only movment. mine is under my fuse block no cel no problems. no egr function engine side

Comment

Digging up an old thread here but Ive successfully removed egr completely and fooled the ecu to thinking its still there using an arduino.
                            Ill do a writeup at some stage with photos.

Basically you take the solenoid pwm signal from the ecu, filter it to give you a stable voltage (1kohm 47uf), then with your arduino on a pwm output feed a voltage back into the ecu via the egr lift valve feedback pin with a positive offset voltage of 1.2v and another low pass rc filter with quite a bit more capacitance (to simulate the latency of the valve responce) 1k ohm and 470uf works well.

Voila no CEL. No filthy inlet manifold, and the engine runs smooth as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by NTYPE View Post
                              Digging up an old thread here but Ive successfully removed egr completely and fooled the ecu to thinking its still there using an arduino.
                              Ill do a writeup at some stage with photos.

Basically you take the solenoid pwm signal from the ecu, filter it to give you a stable voltage (1kohm 47uf), then with your arduino on a pwm output feed a voltage back into the ecu via the egr lift valve feedback pin with a positive offset voltage of 1.2v and another low pass rc filter with quite a bit more capacitance (to simulate the latency of the valve responce) 1k ohm and 470uf works well.

Voila no CEL. No filthy inlet manifold, and the engine runs smooth as ever.
                              so how do you deal with the fact that the ecu leans out the mixture when the egr valve is activated? id rather have the temporary cel and not have the ecu lean out due to that cel, it affects nothing else. i deleted the black box and just have the egr valve electronically connected ziptied off to the side so there isnt a cel upon startup, I get an egr cel maybe once every couple of weeks if im doing a lot of stop and go, or hard acceleration. Once i have the funds the chipped ecu will have a proper egr delete and i can ditch the rest of the hardware. since people are chipping the PTs and the F22A9 aussie engine had a stock egr delete, using that ecu's bin would be another viable option.

Comment

The ecu doesnt lean the engine when the EGR is activated.. why would it?
                                Its still running in close loop mode meaning its using the o2 sensor feedback to target 14.7afr

Comment

Working...
                                X