SoCal CB7 featured on Stickydiljoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal CB7 featured on Stickydiljoe

The Chronicles (AKA Stickydiljoe's website, as most of us know) uploaded coverage of the Eibach Springs meet. Saw this car posted, but I can't seem to find a Member's Ride thread for the owner. This thing is such a clean build.

Also, I noticed this fifth gen accord...

J32 swap.

Sick. By the fogs it was over. Its almost too clean
    Do you have a link to the page? I want to see more of it as well

edit: found it http://stickydiljoe.com/2014/05/08/e...gepart-3-of-3/
    Last edited by DCB7; 05-08-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

This is my buddy Mike Torres on FB.
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

I'm not liking the stretched tires, but that is otherwise badass. Regas do indeed look great on anything.

Am I correct in thinking that's a J-swap in the 5th-gen? Siiiick.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          I'm not liking the stretched tires, but that is otherwise badass. Regas do indeed look great on anything.

Am I correct in thinking that's a J-swap in the 5th-gen? Siiiick.
          You are correct sir!

In addition, I am surprised at how low the 5th gen is with the J-swap. I was under the impression that they either sat too high in the engine bay, so the hood had to be cut; or they sat too low and the car couldn't be lowered too much to make clearance for the oil pan.

Maybe that was just for civics??

Comment

the 5th gen was designed with V6 in mind, but it didn't come with a J series did it? I know coupes certainly didn't come in V6 format.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneAccord View Post
              the 5th gen was designed with V6 in mind, but it didn't come with a J series did it? I know coupes certainly didn't come in V6 format.
              Yeah. They came with a c27. Not that great of a motor.

Comment

This was actually a 4-cylinder car, not a C27 V6 car (which came in sedan only), so it doesn't have the longer front end. He was pretty much the first person to pull this engine swap off in a 5th Gen. The car actually has custom RX-7 coilovers on it as well. Tons of one-off work in the car.

Initially, with the motor, he had the mounts made so they cleared the hood no problem......but then he ran into oil pan clearance. He then made a new set of mounts to bring the engine up some, and notched the inside of the hood (aka the frame) to compensate.

The build thread can be found here: http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=151638

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                  This was actually a 4-cylinder car, not a C27 V6 car (which came in sedan only), so it doesn't have the longer front end. He was pretty much the first person to pull this engine swap off in a 5th Gen. The car actually has custom RX-7 coilovers on it as well. Tons of one-off work in the car.

Initially, with the motor, he had the mounts made so they cleared the hood no problem......but then he ran into oil pan clearance. He then made a new set of mounts to bring the engine up some, and notched the inside of the hood (aka the frame) to compensate.

The build thread can be found here: http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...d.php?t=151638
                  Wow! Thanks so much for the explanation. I can actually see where he cut the hood on the underside to make the motor fit. That's brilliant and it looks clean too (especially since I didn't notice it at first.

Thank you for posting that link. Some good info in there!

Comment

Working...
                  X