Jarrett : 1993 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That harness is crazy. I like it a lot.

You just gave me inspiration for my project.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This car is just so far beyond on point from every angle you look at it. I'm honestly grateful that an enthusiast such as yourself is willing to go to these lengths to modify our chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        So anything new?
        Quite a bit, actually. But nothing worth posting pictures of. I've been buying Deutsch connectors, expensive wiring tools, more gauges, various wiring pins and things of that sort. The unfortunate part of buying a harness like this is having to tie it into the chassis harness. My last post was 8 months ago, and I've been working on this additional stuff most of that time. My dining table and study desk are covered in makeshift wiring diagrams I've done on engineer's computation pad. I guess I did buy a new engine, some new heads, ARP studs and Supertech springs, but those won't get used for a bit. Might make a YouTube video series for building a J-series engine. I have the means and the know-how for the content. Just not sure if I can package and produce it into something people would care to watch.

I also took some time off of work to go to Japan and China with my wife. That was a life-changing experience and I was planning another trip back there after only having been there for an hour. Got to drive an R34 GT-R over there, too, so that was a pretty crazy experience!

I'll get some photos up of some of the new goodies once I get some more headway on the wiring.

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        This car is just so far beyond on point from every angle you look at it. I'm honestly grateful that an enthusiast such as yourself is willing to go to these lengths to modify our chassis.
        Wait, mine? Like, the one I have in my garage on jackstands? I mean, thanks! I think it might be premature praise, though. I'll admit I have a pretty fancy stash of parts, but the car itself is fairly stripped.
        Last edited by Jarrett; 07-02-2019, 09:36 PM.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah, but most folks won't even spring for the nice parts (honestly myself included most of the time) and you seem to be willing to put in the sweat equity to bring the build up to a certain level. You've also personally helped me with quite a few things, so i feel you are a credit to the community. Your trip sounds like it was awesome. Definitely a bucket list item.

Comment

My chassis harness has been pared down and routed to termination points and locations that I want, so it's ready to send off to Ascension Motorsports. It will be integrated into the motorsports engine harness that was made for me, as well as have another fuse/relay box added for accessories.

Here's what's left of it. The stuff on the right is cabin-left. The main grommet just to the left of that formerly had everything going out the driver's side of the vehicle along the inner fender structure. I've pulled everything out except for the windshield wiper motor and the power steering pressure switch. The wiring front the lighting, washer bottle, A/C and other various features will now route over to the passenger side to exit to the front of the car near the new ECU location. Likewise, the same functions from the passenger side will be pulled back through its respective grommet that they share with the underhood fuse box (not done yet) and will terminate together with another circular Corsair connector on the firewall. Most loose wires are labeled and wiring that will be unused has been completely eliminated or pulled away and wrapped up. In the first picture, the leg that extends toward the bottom of the picture then loops around are all the wires from the ECU connectors that will not be needed. I just felt like I was getting a little too carried away removing stuff that Ascension Motorsports could handle just as easily.

Here's a bit from a current project I'm working on.

Still waiting on a few connectors to come in so the completion of this cluster project will likely be my next update. I haven't bought it yet, but the recess if for an AEM CD-5.
            Last edited by Jarrett; 07-18-2019, 03:44 PM.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Geez, I thought I was getting crazy with wiring projects lol.
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

A little bit more progress tonight. I'd been meaning to work on this during the week, but just never got a chance.

Getting the gauge bezel laid over the plastic panel that will mount the CD-5 for some fine tuning on the trimming.

Just need to trim the blue areas a bit more.

It was going well...until it wasn't. These edges are going to be hidden, but I wish they were a little neater than this.

The problem I have with the shroud is that the acrylic lens will create a glare over everything underneath. The black molded plastic and the clear acrylic are melted together, so the Dremel with the cut-off wheel had to come out. Worked around the whole perimeter and it came apart just like I wanted to!

BOOM! The recess panel will be sanded and either painted or vinyl-wrapped before it's completed.

I'm using a piece of clear acrylic as the back panel. It will end up looking like Swiss Cheese once I provide clearance for each 52mm gauge and the Deutsch DTM 12-pin connector to plug into the back of the CD-5. I'll do that tomorrow.

Comment

Exceptional work! Really like how all your connectors and pins are done right. Gonna be a one of a kind CB! Those indicators are really clean looking too. Where'd you find em? I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished cluster.
                  My YouTube channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWG...y6tJ7wJMI4J8vA
                  Instagram
                  https://www.instagram.com/dreamability71/
                  Members Ride.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210942

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                    Geez, I thought I was getting crazy with wiring projects lol.
                    I think yours are still plenty crazy. You're doing all of your work yourself, too!

Originally posted by dreamability View Post
                    Exceptional work! Really like how all your connectors and pins are done right. Gonna be a one of a kind CB! Those indicators are really clean looking too. Where'd you find em? I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished cluster.
                    Thanks!

Here are the indicators. They come from China, so expect to wait a few weeks. If I were to do it again, I'd probably buy two of each in case they go out. But they've tested fine on a 9V battery.

I ordered some "carbon fiber" vinyl wrap to cover the surface, and that should be in tomorrow. Still a couple of days longer for the Deutsch connectors to terminate the pins. Looking at the available space in there, that's going to be tricky. Kind of wishing I'd planned around some sort of a header style connector now. Oh well.

Comment

Man I love your attention to detail Jarrett. And any pictures of your trip to Japan and China??

I'm currently hoarding a set of TL-S calipers but I never grabbed the spindles from the same car. I should update my MR thread at some point.
                      Henry R
                      Koni/Neuspeed
                      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                        Man I love your attention to detail Jarrett. And any pictures of your trip to Japan and China??

I'm currently hoarding a set of TL-S calipers but I never grabbed the spindles from the same car. I should update my MR thread at some point.
                        Thanks a lot!

Pictures of Japan and China are in the works. I can say that in good faith because your mentioning them motiovated me to go download them from my wife's Google Drive link. 3 months back and that's the progress I've made. There's just SOO many, and I insist on captioning things. This weekend was productive, and next weekend will be full of family stuff. So, patience is mandatory here.

Here's a couple in advance:

The absolute highlight of the trip was driving the snot out of this.

This is the Zhengyang Gate. We had just arrived in the country and the bus from the airport dropped us off in the wrong spot. We were actually told to get off the bus, so we didn't argue and tried to make light of it. Two miles of walking to the hotel with me dragging both of our luggage cases (brought them for Japan souvenirs, not because I need tons of outfits) and we thought this was a cool place to take a picture along the way. Turns out that this gate has tons of historical significance! My picture sucks, but there are some really cool ones out there.

In regard to the calipers; I'd just say to use them anyway. There's some modification needed, but that's fine. My method allows you to use the 12.2" rotor with the correct pad positioning, but at a much greater expense and effort. I'd still do it the same way again, but I can understand why it doesn't make sense for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          Thanks a lot!

Pictures of Japan and China are in the works. I can say that in good faith because your mentioning them motivated me to go download them from my wife's Google Drive link. 3 months back and that's the progress I've made. There's just SOO many, and I insist on captioning things. This weekend was productive, and next weekend will be full of family stuff. So, patience is mandatory here.

Here's a couple in advance:

The absolute highlight of the trip was driving the snot out of this.

This is the Zhengyang Gate. We had just arrived in the country and the bus from the airport dropped us off in the wrong spot. We were actually told to get off the bus, so we didn't argue and tried to make light of it. Two miles of walking to the hotel with me dragging both of our luggage cases (brought them for Japan souvenirs, not because I need tons of outfits) and we thought this was a cool place to take a picture along the way. Turns out that this gate has tons of historical significance! My picture sucks, but there are some really cool ones out there.

In regard to the calipers; I'd just say to use them anyway. There's some modification needed, but that's fine. My method allows you to use the 12.2" rotor with the correct pad positioning, but at a much greater expense and effort. I'd still do it the same way again, but I can understand why it doesn't make sense for everyone.
                          It's all good man. I like to read about other peoples adventures other than cars

Caption away man.

I might just hold on to the calipers. I have my NSXs already mounted.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I love the work you're doing with the custom cluster!

Comment

Working...
                            X