Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ecu shut off at 120

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st off. PLEASE learn how to use punctuation and spelling properly.

2nd. you didnt offend anyone. just concerned about your safety and the safety of others when your driving that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      And I'm kinda w/ the OP on this. Why get an H22 and drive it like a granny? That totally defeats the purpose and enjoyment of having that engine.
      I have an H22. I push it hard. I don't drive like a granny. Yet I've gone over 100mph maybe twice in my entire life... and I admit both times I was being incredibly stupid.

I also have a 117hp L15A. I can go 100+ in that as well.

Going fast has nothing to do with engine power. You're not "seeing what the car can do" when you cruise at 100+. All you're doing there is seeing what your brakes and suspension CAN'T do.

The maximum allowed speed limit in the US is 75mph. 65 in most states, and even as low as 55 in others. To say 120mph isn't fast enough for you is absolutely retarded. Take it to the track, and make it fast enough to go over 120mph in the quarter mile. THEN you'll need the speed limiter removed. Otherwise, keep triple digit speeds off our public roads. You're going to kill someone.

sweet91accord, you say you do it when nobody is around? What happens when you're going 120 and someone appears. A car over a small hill, swerving because he's texting on a "clear road"? A biker or pedestrian that blended in with the scenery until you got close? A deer? Something in the road? A patch of ice, or a puddle?
      What are you going to do? Slam on your brakes and stop? Not likely. Slam on your brakes, lose control, and end up sitting on you roof in a ditch, after smashing into whatever you were trying to avoid? Much more likely.

Don't be a moron. I know that's probably asking too much... but I can try.

Comment

Comment

ok let get over this. get back to the post should i kelp my p13 and doa tune on the one or get a different ecu . so what is the best ecu to tune for a h22 thank u

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Find a shop that can tune with either Crome or Uberdata (or something else), and get a chipped P28. Have them tune it, and remove the speed limiter. Enjoy your fast car. Try not to die. More importantly, try not to kill anyone else that might actually be of use to this world.
            I know you can't type for shit, but you obviously can't read either. Your question has been answered.

Comment

because one person said what i should do. i should jump and do it dev it seen like u know your stuff so u agree with the p28 if so in what kind of car i will find it and it is a plug in a play thank u

Comment

There is a stock P13 with no govenor search and you'll find it I think its the a certain code on it that distinguishing it from the rest.
                Found the link
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140325
                happy speeding n plz be safe and outrun the cop
                L8er
                Last edited by GearBangnAccord; 12-31-2009, 01:03 PM.
                Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Originally posted by sweet91accord View Post
                  because one person said what i should do. i should jump and do it dev it seen like u know your stuff so u agree with the p28 if so in what kind of car i will find it and it is a plug in a play thank u
                  Ok, wait for 20 people to tell you the same goddamn thing. Does that make it any more true. OR, maybe you could think for yourself, do some reading, and maybe learn something.

The P28 is from a Civic. It will plug right in, but you have to modify the ECU and tune it for your particular engine for it to run correctly. If you don't do this, you will blow up your engine. (I should've left that part out... because blown engines don't go over 120mph... and I'd rather see you blow up your engine than kill yourself or someone else... but I can't intentionally give bad advice).

It's also true that the USDM P13s also don't have a cutoff.

Comment

dude i been driving over 17 year and only been in one accident. and i been driving doing deliver for about 10 year in my own cars most of then been accord. and no. not aredy place i go im doing 120+ but sometime i wanna see how much i can push i done it with all my car i own. if u guy wanna get mad and bust me out go head and be liitle kid im here asking ? because all u guy now alot more than i do. if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry. im a good guy trying to make my car better but thank for all u help and coment

Comment

dude i been driving over 17 year and only been in one accident. and i been driving doing deliver for about 10 year in my own cars most of then been accord. and no. not aredy place i go im doing 120+ but sometime i wanna see how much i can push i done it with all my car i own. if u guy wanna get mad and bust me out go head and be liitle kid im here asking ? because all u guy now alot more than i do. if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry. im a good guy trying to make my car better but thank for all u help and coment
                      when so good you are at spelling help u wheel we problems u bask. then u make it again a new one
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

If we can't understand you, we can't help you. We simply assume that you are an idiot. The fact that you're asking us how to make your car go faster than it should go simply supports that assumption.

Now, you're constantly attacking me, however I've answered all of your questions as you ask them. Who's being the little kid here?
                        I don't care how long you've been driving. It means nothing. You're still taking a 20 year old car to dangerous speeds. Your experience behind the wheel isn't going to help you avoid an accident at 120mph if something unexpected happens.

Your questions have been answered. In addition to that, advice has been provided by people that know these cars better than you do. People that know that these cars are not safe at those speeds. I strongly suggest you heed that advice before you kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by KB7Acoord View Post
                          i see corvettes pushing 400+ hp and i dont see their owners having to cruise at 100, (all the time). keep out of san antonio
                          I find it funny that you say this. I'm not siding with the OP but your compairing apples to oranges.

The average age of a 400-600 whp Corvette is what?

The average age of a 180 wph FWD high rev'n H22 swapped Accord would be?

But my advice still remains the same no matter what.
                          Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                          thi dont mind spending the money as long i do it right.

Find a local tuner and see what system they use. Because to do it right would mean taking your car to a tuner to have them tune it. They will also probably tell you that it's not the best idea to run 120mph in a 20 year old car. Unless you have completely rebuilt the suspention and upgraded to NSX brakes.
                          Last edited by GhostAccord; 12-31-2009, 03:20 PM.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

And the OP is in his mid-30s.

Kids do stupid things. Responsible adults should discourage such stupid things, and hopefully at least some of the kids listen and don't get hurt (or hurt anyone else).

Responsible adults (which anyone above the age of 25 should be) shouldn't be doing stupid kid things. Responsible adults shouldn't be defending doing stupid kid things.

Ignorance deserves education. Resistance to education SHOULD deserve the discontinuation of your bloodline... It's a shame we can't castrate the stupid.

Comment

Kids do stupid things. Responsible adults should discourage such stupid things, and hopefully at least some of the kids listen and don't get hurt (or hurt anyone else).

Responsible adults (which anyone above the age of 25 should be) shouldn't be doing stupid kid things. Responsible adults shouldn't be defending doing stupid kid things.

Ignorance deserves education. Resistance to education SHOULD deserve the discontinuation of your bloodline... It's a shame we can't castrate the stupid.
                              Indeed. I'd like to think I've grown up a lot since I first got my CB7 at 16. When I first got my car, 4 friends and I "tried her out" and drove approximately 115mph for a 100 mile stretch on the freeway. While there weren't many cars on the road, I still look back at that I think how brain dead I was. These days, I get nervous taking my car more than 5mph over the speed limit. A lot has changed in 4 years; it's a shame the OP hasn't matured in his 15-20+ years...
                              Originally posted by sweet91accord
                              if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Well said. I didn't realize the ages involved. I just assumed.
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X