No announcement yet.

How do I deal with bright lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently had a guy behind me with his highs on. We were at a stoplight and I was flashing my reverse lights at him, and then when we were moving I flashed my brake lights at him in a quick pattern. He never got the hint. Eventually, I pulled over and then got behind him right as he passed, at which point he immediately did the same thing to me, and got back behind me with his highs still on. Some people desperately need to be taken out of the gene pool.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I guess a BB g_n or sling shot is out of the question.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Paint balls? They're harmless, as long as you're not shot at point-blank range to bare skin. That'll leave a scar for about a year. Although, no joke, my friend did get a "firing missiles at vehicles" ticket for launching large-sized spit wads at another car from my passenger seat, back when we used to go cruising.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have considered mounting a second washer tank/pump in the trunk with a nozzle pointing backward. If one were really into it, a dual pump wagon tank could be used (a second pump could be added to a sedan/coupe tank) in the normal location with the second line routed to the rear.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Lmao that would be hilarious. Squirts water at them. I have also noticed this. First I thought I was my wife’s Rogue, but now I get blinded in my tundra. I like the fact that my tundra has adjustable lights so when I tow I can aim them down and not blind people.

But these Jeeps with these LEDs really do piss me off. I have a topper on my truck and that cuts the light down some but it still is not acceptable.

I too have thought about installing a light bar in the back to flash. But I would hate myself if I caused an accident that someone got killed in because I hit them with a light bar.

When I’m in the accord I try to angle my side view mirror to bounce the light back into their cab. But I never know if it actually works.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I just spent three hours on the freeway in the dark, driving my new CB9 home (), and now I have to ask: are your guys' windows tinted? Bright low beams behind me generally aren't a bother in my RSX with its 20% tint, but the wagon's got no tint and everyone in my rear- and side-view mirrors was blinding the hell out of me. I had the rear-view flipped to 'night mode' for pretty much the entire drive, which I really don't like doing just because it feels a bit less safe/reliable of a view imo. Tint's going to have to be squeezed into my winter budget.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-19-2020, 12:18 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Why is this the first of us hearing of your new wagon? Why is it not in your other threads? A bit off topic.

My windows in my cb7 aren’t but in my tundra and wife’s rogue yes. Tundra has auto dim which is nice. But I am constantly in night mode in my rogue and we have 15% all around.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Sorry, the situation just reminded me more of this thread and my own findings (no fancy auto dim or anything like that in the RSX; maybe it's the lack of greenhouse?), than of making a dedicated new-wagon post. Who here hasn't seen a boring stock CB?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The audi has auto dim side mirrors and rear view mirrors. Plus tint on the back window. I wish the car still had power folding mirrors so I could block out the bright lights behind me.

Comment

Is that even legal, to drive with the mirrors folded? I know the CB had an optional delete plate on the passenger side, but still.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                        Sorry, the situation just reminded me more of this thread and my own findings (no fancy auto dim or anything like that in the RSX; maybe it's the lack of greenhouse?), than of making a dedicated new-wagon post. Who here hasn't seen a boring stock CB?
                        We are eagerly awaiting the genesis of the Aero-R project. And now that it is underway...
                        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Is that even legal, to drive with the mirrors folded? I know the CB had an optional delete plate on the passenger side, but still.
                          Not sure. Probably not.

Comment

I just spent three hours on the freeway in the dark, driving my new CB9 home (), and now I have to ask: are your guys' windows tinted? Bright low beams behind me generally aren't a bother in my RSX with its 20% tint, but the wagon's got no tint and everyone in my rear- and side-view mirrors was blinding the hell out of me. I had the rear-view flipped to 'night mode' for pretty much the entire drive, which I really don't like doing just because it feels a bit less safe/reliable of a view imo. Tint's going to have to be squeezed into my winter budget.
                            Get a Broadway mirror with the blue anti-glare coating. It's basically a auto-dim mirror on the cheap.

I don't know if any companies make CB specific side glass like Prova did for the WRX years ago, but I think it's just a film you can put on the side mirrors that will solve that.

Comment

So I'd like to bring this back up since it's been more than a year. And it still drives me bonkers!!!

- I still will NOT tolerate jeeps with HID lights in my face. They get a flash the last second, if behind me I do exactly the speed limit + rear fog light. Sometimes I pull over and let them pass. I don't flash them after they pass, they know.
                              - But... the new Chevy / Ford 250s are worse! HIDs but taller than the jeep, you have no choice but to be below cutoff point.
                              - New Kia, Civic, everyone following suite. But again, some do it right.

And for me, it's a major turnoff. Zero courtesy. It still frustrates me beyond belief because there are manufactures doing it right. But there are some who simply no F's given. Want your jeep with 6 LED lights, no problem sir. Un-even road, little hills, trucks too high, = blinded to F!
                              I even tried buying these "night glasses" off Amazon. Yellow BS things, haha. Next step is to tint the hell out of the mirrors and windows (although illegal).

But there is nothing that can be done. They are here to stay, they are not breaking the law. change.org petition or not I don't think it will improve. Yet I'm not sure where it will stop as no-one seems to give a Sh*t. I think I seen an ad for the latest Toyota truck and it was LED board of lights....

So does anyone have any advice on how to "let it all go" when driving out at night? I seriously don't drive Sally at night bc she's so low + the HID lights. I'd like to try and change that.

Comment

Well being that I do most of my driving at night with Freedom. I just use the flip switch thing on my rear view and if it’s in my side mirrors, I try to aim it back in their cab. As for in my face at a light I’ll give them a quick flash and if nothing changes I just deal with it as I know it won’t last forever.

But that is one of the drawbacks to lowered car, you have to deal with being in the cut off zone.

In my truck, even though they are halogen bulbs if I notice I’m blinding someone I’ll tilt them down. Which most trucks are equipped with headlight tilting options for when your towing. But not everyone is as nice as me.

Tinting will help some, but then it hinders your vision, my truck is tinted and at night it can be hard to see out. I have 15% all around that just below the legal limit but not limo tint.
                                ~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X