Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Stroke an H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stroke an H22

I want to stroke my h22 to be around 23 liter with 10 to 1 compression (give or take). I prefer to use all OEM parts. I did a little research on here and various other site but most were about H22/23 hybrid. I want to spend less then 1,000 dollars on parts. I plan to peace mill it together, but i want to know what you would recommend.
    Last edited by NorcoAccord; 05-18-2007, 02:37 AM.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
    I want to stroke my h22 to be around 23 liter with 10 to 1 compression (give or take). I prefer to use all OEM parts. I did a little research on here and various other site but most were about H22/23 hybrid. I want to spend lest then 1,000 dollars on parts. I plan to peace mill it together, but i want to know what you would recommend.
    i recommend your going to be spending more than a G.
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
      i recommend your going to be spending more than a G.
      What do you think i should get please name crank rods and pistons. Your comment is welcomed but if you don't name some parts or point me to a site or person who has done this before, please reconsider posting.

Click Me

Comment

What do you think i should get please name crank rods and pistons. Your comment is welcomed but if you don't name some parts or point me to a site or person who has done this before, please reconsider posting.

lol sorry man i dont have to much info for you as far as staying oem, but i do know that if your gonna mill the head and parts its gonna cost more than a G... if you raise the displacement, i believe (dont take my word for it) your going to lower the compression naturally without boring it over.
        ]

Comment

I have been planing on using an F23 crank with rods from an H23 and pistons. I got the idea from http://www.zealautowerks.com/hfseries.html
          with those parts thrown together it gives me around 10.32 compression.

Click Me

Comment

I have been planing on using an F23 crank with rods from an H23 and pistons. I got the idea from http://www.zealautowerks.com/hfseries.html
            with those parts thrown together it gives me around 10.32 compression.
            H23 RODS/H23 CRANK/H22A (JDM H22) (bore @ 88mm)= CR 12.37:1 (my setup w/a .034 HG: CR 12.10:1)
            H23 RODS/H23 CRANK/H22A4 (USDM H22) piston (bore @ 88mm)= CR 11.19:1
            H23 RODS/H23 CRANK/H22A (JDM H22) (bore @ 88mm)= CR 11.90:1
            H23 RODS/H23 CRANK/H23A1 (USDM H23) (bore @ 88mm)= CR 9.50:1
            H23 RODS/H23 CRANK/H23A (USDM H23) (bore @ 88mm)= CR 11.05:1

"IMO" I think it would be better if you just use the h23 crank/h23 rods & ne of the H's series of pistons w/h22 head you be will be w/in the 9.50-12.37 CR.
            correct if i am wrong. A f23 crank (97mm) won't fit since this F23 has 55mm mains and won't fit in H23 or pre '98 H22 blocks..

NIPPON RACING H22A PRELUDE TYPE S BORE 88MM 11:1 CR
            PRELUDE H23 RODS (CRYO shot)
            ARP Rod Bolts for Honda B18c1 9 mm
            ARP MAIN/HEAD BOLTS
            HONDA H22A FULL ENGINE GASKET KIT
            H23 CRANK W/ LOWERING TIMING GEAR

That's all i can think of..

JAH BLESS
            Last edited by peego; 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM.
            JDM H23 VTEC PROJECT
            JDM H22/F22/H23/B18 PARTS FOR SALE
            91 Accord Sedan Ex Mulberry Pearl Red (GAVE IT AWAY) Turbo
            91 accord Ex wagon Green (SOLD)
            92 Accord Lx (SOLD)
            92 civic sedan Lx (SOLD)
            93 accord Ex wagon Frost White (parting out: SOLD)
            07 Fit SSS (Traded)
            07 FG2 Si Sedan (Traded)
            05 Honda Pilot EXL Pearl White
            97 Honda Odyssey LX W/Sunroof Pearl White[/B]

http://1facewatch.com/

Looking for a referral and planning on switching to Cricket Wireless

Comment

just spend the money...
              http://www.dragraceinc.com/BC-H22.html
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The F22 and H23 crank are identical.

The bore on the H22 and the H23 are identical.

The only difference is that the H23 has a slightly longer stroke.

So if you put an F22 crank in your H22, with the correct set of rods, you engine will be 2.3 liters.

If you can't find an F22 crank and the correct set of rods for under $1,000 you are doing something very wrong.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Kool thank you for your ideas, please keep them coming.

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

So if you put an F22 crank in your H22, with the correct set of rods, you engine will be 2.3 liters.

If you can't find an F22 crank and the correct set of rods for under $1,000 you are doing something very wrong.
                    ^^do that.

btw anytime you add stroke (keeping the same piston and piston to deck height) you automatically increase compression.
                    www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
                    http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Eagle rods, Wiesco pistons are just a few names that pop up.

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

I just got in a set of h23 pistons and rods stroker here i come

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit

You mean the H23 has a slightly larger bore.

And yes, an F22 crank in an H22 will make it a 2.3L motor.

I too am looking into upping my displacement down the line, and it can be done with all OEM parts. The main issue is choosing the right rods. I'm pretty sure that if you use F22 rods and the F22 crank with the OEM H22 pistons you will be at around 11:1 compression. You will get a nice 6% bump in power/torque from idle to redline.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            You mean the H23 has a slightly larger bore.

And yes, an F22 crank in an H22 will make it a 2.3L motor.

I too am looking into upping my displacement down the line, and it can be done with all OEM parts. The main issue is choosing the right rods. I'm pretty sure that if you use F22 rods and the F22 crank with the OEM H22 pistons you will be at around 11:1 compression. You will get a nice 6% bump in power/torque from idle to redline.

No I said exactly what I meant.

The H23 has a slightly longer STROKE than an H22. The bore is the same.

Obviously that statement wasn't in reference to the F22, because the H23 and F22 stroke are identical.

Had I been referencing the F22, then it would be a bigger BORE.

Also, he has an H22, so the bore of the F22 is irrelevant. The only thing relevant from the F22 is the length of the stroke which is the same as the H23.

An increase in power resulting from a bump in compression is a lot more dependent on many variables other than just the compression increase.

A .6 bump in compression from H22A1 to H22A resulted in less than a 3% power increase.

If you don't alter all of the other variables to maximize that increase in compression, than you won't get the maximum increase.

Ceteris Paribus, I would expect a couple HP and a couple TQ. I think you will see more from the displacement bump than anything.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 05-24-2007, 06:06 PM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ok now with what I learn I plan on this, an H23(or F22) crank, H23 Rods, JDM h22 pistons and double head gasket. The head gasket's I wounder if thats a good idea my brother said I wont have a problem but I wanted to know what you guys think.

SIDE NOTE::Also Along with the H22 being put together I am getting a port and polish and the head resurfaced new valves, valve spring, retainers and guilds. My goal is to have 200whp, what else would you recommend. This motor may see nos and possible boost, I am considering also have sleeves put in the h22 but I am unsure at this time.

Click Me

Comment

Working...
                              X