Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i too hunted armadillo once, only with my keltec in .40

10 shots seems a bit much, must've been a tough little bastard.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I screwed that post up. Having computer issues! I will fix it when I get things lined out and when I get photobucket back into operation.

Anyways, yeah, they are thick here and I bet they are in your area too.

My shots were not placed very well. I'm an ok shot, I'd say average to a bit below average most of the time. I used to be better when I was shooting very frequently.

I also had to pay attention to my dogs as they were trying to get at him, sure as hell didn't want to hit one of them. And it was dark. So I have some excuses and I'm lacking some skill is the reason why it took 10 shots. Not gonna lie.

Comment

Theyre not to bad around my house but I live on an island. We see some deer and hog but not to much.

about an hour away in the country I would see them all the time. They will definitely tear some shit up too.

I ran one down on foot one time, but it got into the woods before I could catch it.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

That's awesome!

Wild pigs here we are having to begin to worry about. On several occasions people have just been walking in the woods or whatever, come up on one and the damn things try to run up on you.

I know a guy in Greenfield Mo who came out of his tree stand in bow season and damn near dropped right down on one. Fought him off with a large knife but it still messed him up enough to go get some stitches. They are no joke. And unless your on an ATV they will outrun you. Plus you cannot just shoot them in the head with a pistol. You need a good sized rifle, I myself use a 30-06 or a .308. It's open season on their asses here in MO too. Kill them day, night, rain, shine, sleet or snow. They want them dead. Same with coyotes.

Used to you could take and cut their heads off as you killed them, just leave the body lay, put the head into a trash bag and take it to the conservation department and await a check in the mail.

At my family reunions we surround a holler on ATV's and slaughter them. Some people grab them and cook em but not me. I won't eat the nasty bastards.

If you want good rep with the farmers here when you kill your coyotes leave them hang over your gate or what have ya next to the road. It's also a way to say "I'm doing my part, you do yours."

Fixed that dead armadillo pic by the way.

Speaking of killing shit. I fish as well. This is a terrible fucking picture of me. Pants falling down, wet, starting to snow in my eyes, stupid grunting look on my face and holding two 40lbs Spoobill at the same time. I'm about to drop the one on my left.

I swear, I'm not as much of a douche bag as I look. This was... 2011? I think. Before I was able to grow a full beard I know that. I'm still fat though. Love my eats.

EDIT... Found a picture of that pig and my buddy. You an tell where he slashed his throat several times. Guy is kinda a bad ass. Going head to head with a wild pig take some balls. He had no other choice but still. This pig looks small but size doesn't mean much with pigs. They fight like hell.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-16-2014, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Did you receive the activation email or no?

I'm Geek
            My Car
            FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

nah, I never got it. Tried using the re-send link on the site and still haven't gotten it. I think it's a yahoo thing. I've had this issue before.

Those are some bigass fish hellraisin! I didn't get out enough this year, all I caught was a few baby sharks and some sting ray. Missed all the big ones.

The hogs are really bad on the military base here. They rummage around all the soldiers camps when they sleep in the field. They'll walk right up to a sleeping soldier, and you always here stories of them charging at someone. I have a national guard buddy who says you can see TONS of them through the thermal scopes at night.

I think the hogs are becoming a problem across the nation now. Their numbers are growing so fast and farmers and hunters can't keep up. I'm always seeing ads for paid hog control hunts.
              Last edited by bassrock234; 10-16-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                Did you receive the activation email or no?

I'm Geek
                Awesome, thank you!

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                nah, I never got it. Tried using the re-send link on the site and still haven't gotten it. I think it's a yahoo thing. I've had this issue before.

Those are some bigass fish hellraisin! I didn't get out enough this year, all I caught was a few baby sharks and some sting ray. Missed all the big ones.

The hogs are really bad on the military base here. They rummage around all the soldiers camps when they sleep in the field. They'll walk right up to a sleeping soldier, and you always here stories of them charging at someone. I have a national guard buddy who says you can see TONS of them through the thermal scopes at night.

I think the hogs are becoming a problem across the nation now. Their numbers are growing so fast and farmers and hunters can't keep up. I'm always seeing ads for paid hog control hunts.
                I figured you might like those fish! I love snaggin'. March 15th is opening day here.

I would hate to have a thermal here. I would probably never go outside at dark again without a rocket launcher.

I think you are correct about the hog problem. It seems to be enlarging.

Comment

I buy my ammo at SGammo all the time. Mainly for my rifle. They have quick shipping and usually gets shipped to my house within two days since they are based out of Oklahoma. Love that place...one of the cheaper places to buy some bulk golden tiger ak ammo.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

so, they pay you to go hog hunting? Is the meat any good?
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                      so, they pay you to go hog hunting? Is the meat any good?
                      They used to or did for a period of time. I was 13 or 14 and never done it myself. But it was the big news then.

I asked a conservation agent about it once and she said it was before her time but she knows people were cheating when they made people just bring in the ears. People were bringing in domestic pig ears and trying to pass them off as wild. So they changed to rule to the whole head. I guess they also took those heads and study them and such to find out who knows what.

I do not think it has been like that since the early 2000s. They have been saying we already have to many to be able to reverse it. So I don't think they even try to fight the wild pig population anymore.

Most people, myself included, just kill them out of spite or because it's a type of hunting that's unregulated and you can just go wild with it. Sounds screwed up but that's how it is. I like killing them because they also want to kill me. Makes it fun! It's dangerous and can get you killed. That's what's appealing to most people I think.

The meat is nasty. I hate it and won't eat it. Also, I will add, ranchers in Texas won't eat wild pigs anymore due to the amount of illegals dying of exposure and the pigs eating the bodies. (No political involvement intended.)

As for the Spoonbill, those are regulated and watched like mad. Spoonbill are prehistoric. They are also where caviar comes from. Notice in the pic I'm on a dock in the lake. The female on the right (my left) is full of thousands of dollars in caviar. Likely enough to buy me a new car off the lot. Those eggs cannot leave the water or I would be fined per ounce and face possible jail time. So each female you take the egg sacks and dump into the water. The only time they are in season is when they are spawning (March 15th to April 20 something).

You have a massive catfish rod and reel. 120lb test line and I use about 3lbs of weight on the end of the line with three large treble hooks 2 feet apart on the line. You let that weight at the very end hit the bottom then rip it through the water. So you sink, rip, sink, rip, sink, and when you get a hold of one it will rip you out of the boat if your not careful. You do this while trolling in a boat. I myself have fought one for 35 mins before. Also, the fish will move the boat around while your reeling him in. The reel in technique is different as well. You take the slack out of the line and pull up slowly but firmly, then you lower the poll and reel in the slack you just made quickly before the fish takes it back, getting the fish closer and closer to the boat. Spoonbillin' or snaggin' is a different kind of fishing. And they are only found in the Missouri river and it's tributaries. Also in some parts of China but they are a bit different and damn near extinct there. Like every thing else.

Comment

My grandfather recently passed 2 weeks ago and according to the will I was in charge of his guns and distribution to the family. I came home with a Beretta 96 (which has sentimental value to me) and a rifle, a 30-06 "Vanguard VGL" and it also says by Weatherly which I know nothing about. But it seems to be setup quite well, a trigger that has an almost non-existent feel to it muzzle brake, and a 2-12x scope which seems to be mounted properly. He was quite the hunter a few years back so I would assume this is one of his better rifles of the many found in the safe.

Does anyone know anything about the rifle?

Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

sorry to hear about your loss man.

Weatherby makes a great rifle at great prices too. A quick search will value the rifle around $400 not including the scope, which could add a considerable amount depending on what make the scope is.

Nice beretta too!

Where's your new taurus hellraisin?

Comment

Just like my other PT-111 only a bit newer and not so beat up.

Threw it in my Mazda pickup which my GF takes to work everyday. So I don't have any other pics at the moment.

My other PT111 when it was new. Or newer at least. Bought both those guns that day at Acedemy. Parts were aftermarket off another 870 I had so i threw them on. And yeah, brass knuckles are illegal. Oh well. They fit in the ashtray of a CB nicely though.

I have some other guns I have not ever posted here before. I need to get them out of the safe and get some pics sometime. I have an AR, an AK, two Sigs, a Tikka, random Savage rifles, many shotguns, several break overs, .303, and a couple others I'm forgetting. I'm leery about putting some shit on the internet though. I don't like that the serial numbers can be seen on some of my previous posts ether. But that's what happens when you don't use your head. Brass knucks were posted on here long ago too. So it's too late now. Screw it.
                            Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-01-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I'm always weary of posting serial numbers so I always try to cut them out or take the pics from farther away to make them un-readable.

Brass knuckles? You must mean those two brass colored belt buckles. Are they illeagal everywhere? I had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                                I'm always weary of posting serial numbers so I always try to cut them out or take the pics from farther away to make them un-readable.

Brass knuckles? You must mean those two brass colored belt buckles. Are they illeagal everywhere? I had no idea.
                                I had a nice photo editor but that was a couple lap tops ago. So I cannot do it so well anymore.

They actually are belt buckles. The stud thing just unscrews. The online company I got them from sell so many they barely ever have any in stock. They have some that with one punch you'd surely kill someone. I also have some polymer knuckles. Cannot detect them with a metal detector. They all stay at home. Years ago I would carry them. Until I seen someone get hit with a pair. One hit will lay someone open from the corner of their mouth to their ear. They are a cool to mess around with but that's about it. You could carry some for personal defense but a firearm isn't illegal. Knuckles are pretty useless IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X