Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22/h23 frankenstien, oil squirters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but you can get the crank scrappers a larger oil pan and still have the squirters and have the best of both worlds....
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
      i have searched and searched,, but no answer..

i have a h23 and a h22 sitting out back,, the h23 head is bad.. can i somehow make the oilsquirters work with the h23 crank, i am doing a frankenstien, and wanna get all my thoughts right before teardown.... i know this setup is suppose to be bad for throwing bearings,, but i feel if i could make the oil squirters work it will be alot safer. also i do not want low compression, whitch pistons would you recomend on the h23 rods.. this will have the h22 head btw..
      I know someone that got the h22 squirters to fit on an H23 block/crank, so somehow it can be.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

the pistons squirters are a separate modular part of the bearing/oil cap on the h22. no block machining is nessassary on the h/f series engines just get the cap and squirter unit off the h22 and put it on the h23. machining for oil squirters is nessassary on b series engines.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

i know with crank scrappers they have to be bent a little, but nothing major. also with the h23 they have to be moved a little also nothing major...
          the major issue is loss of oil pressure at high rpm's. thus throwing bearings. but i think most people when they do this swap just swap the crank, and are like hey i have a hybrid, and don't take into consideration that their is more to it.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

oil pressure really shouldnt be lost because of how the pump is designed. The oil relief will automatically relieve oil pressure at around 80 psi but will pump up to that level regardless of squirters or not. kinda like whats going on with cisco's toga pump where the pump is not relieving and he is getting over 100 psi.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
              more displacement is better for lower rpm's correct,, basically you get your power faster.. and for someone who is like me and want to feel the torque, as compared to the h22 that to me doesn't have any, compared to me f22.
              i just am not happy with the h22 as is.. it's fast, but i want it to feel fast, without nitrous or forced induction

if you want more displacement, build a f23/h23 with some 87mm k20 pistons,

Comment

it all depends on your budget if anyone has a ? about this motor ask h23accord his just came to life and im sure hell be glad to give u an earful of anything you wanna know about this great build ask and u shall receive or just give me a couple more months and ill tell u my self that sig i have is like that for a reason we built and blew several of these motors in different arrangments just to see what we could and couldnt do with them ill admit the first one i was a little upset over cuz it wasnt pose to happen i thought but the others well they got scattered just to do it cuz i knew along with the others involved that there was gonna be at least 2 of the monsters come from the double k stable and then others would follow so the fact of the matter is if u gonna play u gonna pay and sometime to succeed u gotta fail
                take it for what its worth build your car for u and no one else whats the worst that can happen someone can say I TOLD YOU SO!!
                F22A1:blew up
                F22A1/H22:blew up
                F22A6/H22: " "
                F22A4/H22: " "
                H23A1 boosted:blew up
                H23A1:traded
                H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

Originally posted by shadetreecustom
                  it all depends on your budget if anyone has a ? about this motor ask h23accord his just came to life and im sure hell be glad to give u an earful of anything you wanna know about this great build ask and u shall receive or just give me a couple more months and ill tell u my self that sig i have is like that for a reason we built and blew several of these motors in different arrangments just to see what we could and couldnt do with them ill admit the first one i was a little upset over cuz it wasnt pose to happen i thought but the others well they got scattered just to do it cuz i knew along with the others involved that there was gonna be at least 2 of the monsters come from the double k stable and then others would follow so the fact of the matter is if u gonna play u gonna pay and sometime to succeed u gotta fail
                  take it for what its worth build your car for u and no one else whats the worst that can happen someone can say I TOLD YOU SO!!
                  punctuation, motherfucker.

Keele's, what's your reason for building this frank?

You need to realize that with an h22, it flows best at high rpm. Something an h23 block doesn't handle very well.

If you want torque, then slap an h23 head onto an f23 block, and put in some gnarly cams.

Vtec is for high revving, high horsepower applications.

Make your parts work together.
                  Last edited by d112crzy; 12-16-2007, 03:00 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yes the squirters fit and it is a direct bolt in. No bending or anything was neccessary in my build. Haven't had any problems with oil yet but I haven't hooked an oil pressure gauge up which Cisco is patiently waiting on me to do due to the install of the balance shaft eliminator kit. I have fuel cut at 7200 but I really don't ever get up there. I built mine for low compression so I can't really assist with your high compression goals although it looks like you have already received a few posts on the idea. Mine is mildly tuned and I made decent hp. I am still breaking it in (only has 320 miles on it) but will try to update things as I go. If you need help let me know. There are a few people on here that have owned/built these and they can assist as well. You might be one of the first on here to build one for high compression.
                    Last edited by H23Accord; 12-16-2007, 05:06 PM.
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

9 times out of 10 the squirters will need to be bent. sometimes its a pain in the ass to get them bent just right too, but its doable. Balancing is key wether or not its an H23 crank or an H22. I've learned that one the hard way over the years.
                      www.roskoracing.com << Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

>>check out my H23vtec build thread...
                      http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2030543

Comment

Originally posted by Rosko
                        9 times out of 10 the squirters will need to be bent. sometimes its a pain in the ass to get them bent just right too, but its doable. Balancing is key wether or not its an H23 crank or an H22. I've learned that one the hard way over the years.
                        thank you for validating what i said. I totally agree.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

As far as I knew the h23 and h22 run the same block right? So why wouldn't this work...h22/h23
                          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                          registration is free

Comment

it does

You just have to drive it like an h23

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

you say you have to drive it like a h23, yet there is someone building a f22 to rev to 9,000 rpm's whitch mind you is the same crank as the h23, if built right, you drive the thing like a h22 that has more displacement
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

your main and rod bearing clearances are going to determine how safely you can rev the engine more so than the theoretical rod/stroke ratio.

I'm not running the squirters in my h23vtec, but then again its not running yet....for some reason or another and i dont plan on revving it beyond the stock redline (72-7400) since i have a stock head now.
                                www.850fab.com
                                IG - @850Fab
                                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                                X