No announcement yet.

brsteinbach : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After I got a second car, I am able to take the CB apart and work on it more. Seems like all those who have inspired me to keep working on my CB are parting them out and selling them. It kinda hurts to see such beautiful car being broken down. I'm keeping mine forever. I've had a CB for 10 years now and I still love it as much as I did then.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I feel the same way man, Everyone is like giving up on there cars and getting new ones so they start parting them out. I don't have any thoughts on selling my car any time soon.

^^^^^
      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Well, I hand polished my wheels since they were off my car. It was a major pain in the ass since I went at it all by hand for about 2hr's per wheel. The pics don't do justice but I'll post them anyways.

Before:

After:

I'll try to get better pics later, it's a total difference in person.

^^^^^
        Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

them rims have a sweet shine man . It was all worth the work ...Looking great ...

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Thank you! I wish the work payed off to where I could drive my car now lol.

It's warming up here so it shouldn't be too much longer till I get my other engine in.

^^^^^
            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Well, I have some 92-93 fogs and the full harness and the switch that I am about to post for sale.

Some of the "damage" on one of the fogs. The damage does not effect them in anyway except looks. They are really secure and don't move at all in the brackets. I bought them this way so obviously someone tried fixing them.

And here are the fogs and brackets. They're in very good condition and I sanded the brackets and painted them with a couple coats of flat black.
              Last edited by brsteinbach; 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM.

^^^^^
              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Continued...
                The lenses are almost mint, they only have some dots on them probably from old age or small rocks cause they're not chipped.

^^^^^
                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Well, I extended my rear top hats 3" today and I also welded a bolt to my auto shifter so I could use a threaded knob.

Here are some pics of the top hats, I'll have picks of the knob tomorrow.

That crap on the bottom is old glue that help the spring mount on.

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Damn... Almost 20,000 views and only ~475 posts!

Comment people!!!

^^^^^
                    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Mistubishiv5 and I were talking about that the other day. No one seems to be posting... anything on our MRT's. Well except for us that is. Where is the Love???

Oh yeah, so by extending your top hats you are only affecting the amount of shock travel. Meaning that you don't have the fear of blowing out your shocks by being hella slammed? Why did you go 3 inches? seems like a lot considering when your slammed your travel is somewhere around 2 inches anyways. unless your going to bag it and then travel isn't the issue parked.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I just figured I'd go 3" since I have the room for it.

And yes that is one of the three may concerns on why I extended them, I wanna make sure the struts will last longer, so I'll have a better ride, and so I have less droop? IDK what its called where the wheel "falls" when you angle into a parking lot.

And yeah it seems like no one is posting in mrt anymore. It's weird.

^^^^^
                        Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

I post on mrt

Isntpreload the same for less droop? Threewheelin in parking lots is cool just not so cool when the fronts pop up when you need to exit and only one wheel moves haha

Comment

Originally posted by mitsubishiv5 View Post
                            I post on mrt

Isntpreload the same for less droop? Threewheelin in parking lots is cool just not so cool when the fronts pop up when you need to exit and only one wheel moves haha
                            Truth. lol.

I have koni sp3's on the front with dropzone coilovers (soon to switch to stance springs or eibach) and stock replacement struts on the rear with the same coilovers/plans on changing springs.

I would like to have some full coilovers but I don't have the money for them cause I don't have a job. But I can't wait to be able to get a "real" coilover system on my car.

But yeah I've had the problem with 3 wheelin in the front on a couple occasions and it sucks cause then you either need to go faster in or out or less of an angle which in both cases suck!

^^^^^
                            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Here is a picture of my car with the top hats on, I wish I had a before and after pic of the amount of droop difference. I am very pleased with the outcome.

And some random pics of my car on jack stands

^^^^^
                              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Oh and I also did a quick kinda crappy PS on my car with some Diamond Racing steelies. I think they look awesome.

^^^^^
                                Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Working...
                                X