Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2012 Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
    Sure Honda could develop solar technology and build a roof out of it. It would likely increase the cost of the Civic by $5k and they'd lose over half their market. This solar tech. would also add weight to the Civic and it'd lose some of its handling characteristics (weight at the TOP of the car btw).

Sparkle, can you give us an example of a 2011-2012 car that has new technology that no other car has which gives the company a competitive edge over all competition? Tell us where you are coming from with this and maybe you will get more respect.
    A integrated solar panel at the top of the car does not weigh much it weighs next to nothing. handling characteristics what handling charactersistics is a fwd car. Lets not rule out even though you may hate this car the scion tc believe it or not is a competitor too and they only get fast and faster every year.

Comment

The tC is Toyota's strongest competitor to the Civic Si. It offers almost identical performance... the only difference is in styling.

As for a solar panel... they're actually fairly lightweight. The new Prius uses a solar roof (as an option, I believe.) If it added significant weight, and thus decreased fuel economy, they wouldn't do it to a Prius!
      Still... I think such a thing is definitely NOT what the Si is about.
      The Si is a sporty version of a practical car. Honda retained everything that makes it a Civic, while adding a little extra spunk. It's not a sports car, and it's not pretending to be one. It can be made into one... but that's up to the enthusiasts. Just like the CB7 isn't a sports car, but we manage to do a pretty good job of making it into one!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The tC is Toyota's strongest competitor to the Civic Si. It offers almost identical performance... the only difference is in styling.

As for a solar panel... they're actually fairly lightweight. The new Prius uses a solar roof (as an option, I believe.) If it added significant weight, and thus decreased fuel economy, they wouldn't do it to a Prius!
        Still... I think such a thing is definitely NOT what the Si is about.
        The Si is a sporty version of a practical car. Honda retained everything that makes it a Civic, while adding a little extra spunk. It's not a sports car, and it's not pretending to be one. It can be made into one... but that's up to the enthusiasts. Just like the CB7 isn't a sports car, but we manage to do a pretty good job of making it into one!
        So msny people have given that car such a bad name though. It would be nice if they did bring the cb7 back to the scene

Comment

I'm not completely sold on the new gen yet. Fell in love with the outgoing gen the first time I saw them. Driven a couple and I absolutely love them. Almost traded my Mazda 3 for a 2008 Civic 5 speed sedan.

The 2012...ehh...it's lost it's edge and gotten a little soft I think. Just doesn't stand out to me the way the old one did.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VGOBCf2Sp8

1st off thank you for posting pictures. your time and efforts are much appreciated.

someone has to play devils advocate so here it goes. honestly IMO the new civic si's arent very impressive compared to its predecessor ( its basically the 03-11 civic with a total facelift. it is however slightly more impressive than its ancestor the 00 civic in this case. yes the 12 makes better numbers in majority of the cases and it is bigger faster wider taller etc etc. i do like the interior as far as everything from the front floor mats to the trunk but the dash is UGH.

i hate the little shit 1/4 windows in front of the side view mirror thats bolted on the door too. the driver visibility in them is HORRIBLE IMO. honestly you have way better visibility in a crx. its great to go fast but if you cant see where you are going thats not safe.

00 civic
            0-60 8.0sec
            1/4 mile 16.1 @ 86.7
            60-0 129ft
            skid 0.88
            slalom 66.8 mph

12 civic
            0-60 7.0 sec
            1/4 mile 15.1 @ 92.3
            60-0 129ft
            skid 0.87
            slalom 67.1 mph

compare the #'s of a 03-11 civic with the 12 civic and you probably wont see any difference =P
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

8th Gen Civic/Si > 9th Gen Civic

I don't like this gen of the civic. My cousin drives an "eco" model of this new civic...its just "okay" to me and its kinda ugly and looks like an 03 camry in the rear. It's quiet though. As for the Si. I don't want a TSX engine in my car with welded on headers.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post

1st off thank you for posting pictures. your time and efforts are much appreciated.

00 civic
                0-60 8.0sec
                1/4 mile 16.1 @ 86.7
                60-0 129ft
                skid 0.88
                slalom 66.8 mph

12 civic
                0-60 7.0 sec
                1/4 mile 15.1 @ 92.3
                60-0 129ft
                skid 0.87
                slalom 67.1 mph

NoProblemo

Thanks for posting up some numbers for comparison.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

not my cup of tea? but I would like to have the mileage and does look like it would be a fun car to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by broman78 View Post
                    not my cup of tea? but I would like to have the mileage and does look like it would be a fun car to drive.
                    Is that a question or a statement?

But yeah, the mileage is pretty decent as long as you can keep your foot out of it...which may be somewhat difficult, considering how fun it is to drive like a mad man.

This one in particular is long gone. It was sold the first week on the lot. But we do have a couple still on the lot. I was lucky enough to be chosen to transport one to a sister dealership on a dealer trade a couple weeks ago. Got to drive up the freeway for about 50miles. Pretty fun..a couple kids in an EG tried to get me run em'...but my better judgement took hold and i just let em' pass.

Going through some some back roads i got a chance to get a better feel for the suspension. After a few aggressive corners, it really builds a lot of confidence. You'd be surprised what these will do in the wet.

Vtec crossover is silky smooth. Noticeable, but pretty tame compared to an H22 Prelude i drove last week. All in all i like the new Si.

Has anyone else had the chance to drive one yet?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I hear that this K24 isn't really compatible with any other K engine at this time. The block is longer thus no K20 head swaps can be done. Electronics and manifolds may be, but not much anything else. It also has a cast exhaust manifold made into the head which you can't take off and install a header. It could be like the newer Ford V8's where a header wouldn't do you any good (yes I saw the dyno results on TV a few years ago), but it still turns hardcore Honda enthusiasts away I think. Honestly, I have been eyeballing one of these, but I am sure the demand is going to be so high that the salesman won't be knocking any prices down. We will see.

Comment

Working...
                      X