Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pt6 Ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pt6 Ecu

Just got a PT6 ECU and was wondering if there was a difference between automatic and manual ECU's.

I have a 5-speed, so this is kind of bothering me. I hope i didn't waste my monies...

If there are two types, how can i tell the difference?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Form.Follows.Function

I doubt there is a difference tune wise. When i did my 5spd swap, i left in my the ecu from when the car was auto because it was the TCU that controlled the automatic tranny.

Someone who is more knowledgeable about ECUs will be able to tell you how to tell the difference. I haven't made it that far yet.

I think it was F20B or something that had a difference in HP between the manual and the automatic versions.

Do you have a cam and the intake manifold with it?

Comment

So, if you switched trans's; did you take out the TCU completely?
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Doesnt matter which ECU as long as you are driving a 5spd, TCU controls automatic tranny.

Comment

He didn't swap transmissions, just ECUs.

It shouldn't matter, but there is a difference. I think any potential problems usually arise from using a manual ECU with an automatic, though. You should be fine.

If you don't have the F22A6 intake manifold and camshaft, that ECU is unlikely to give you any gains at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
            So, if you switched trans's; did you take out the TCU completely?
            yes, the car was originally an automatic but i made it into a manual.
            I just unplugged the TCU and rewired some things to make it all work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              I doubt there is a difference tune wise. When i did my 5spd swap, i left in my the ecu from when the car was auto because it was the TCU that controlled the automatic tranny.

Someone who is more knowledgeable about ECUs will be able to tell you how to tell the difference. I haven't made it that far yet.

I think it was F20B or something that had a difference in HP between the manual and the automatic versions.

Do you have a cam and the intake manifold with it?
              Yes, i have the H23 intake w/ IAB and controller. No, i do not have the cam. Currently looking for one still.

Originally posted by awolanin21 View Post
              Doesnt matter which ECU as long as you are driving a 5spd, TCU controls automatic tranny.
              That's what the honda-tech who sold it to me said. Just wanted to be sure.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              He didn't swap transmissions, just ECUs.

It shouldn't matter, but there is a difference. I think any potential problems usually arise from using a manual ECU with an automatic, though. You should be fine.

If you don't have the F22A6 intake manifold and camshaft, that ECU is unlikely to give you any gains at all.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=168886

That's what i have so far in regards to my conversion. I'll be getting all the necessary gaskets come pay-day and will likely start the install the weekend of, starting with the easy stuff first, like the header, since it's my DD. Don't wanna cut off my nose to spite my face. So i'll take it one step at a time.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Any aftermarket header other than a Bisimoto header won't really give a considerable gain... I wouldn't waste money on that unless you have a broken stock piece, or just want somthing shiny under the hood.

Comment

Any aftermarket header other than a Bisimoto header won't really give a considerable gain... I wouldn't waste money on that unless you have a broken stock piece, or just want somthing shiny under the hood.
                  No, im not going to get an aftermarket header. By header, i meant the A4 exhaust manifold. Shiny isn't really my thing anyways...

To all that responded: Thanks for your input and help! Really appreciate it

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Ah, ok. Just making sure.
                    I've been on a "don't waste your money on parts that don't suit your needs" kick lately!

Comment

Ah, ok. Just making sure.
                      I've been on a "don't waste your money on parts that don't suit your needs" kick lately!
                      Right on, i tend to be a minimalist anyways. I just want to concentrate on the go parts for now. I'll worry about aesthetics later. Plus it'll be a sleeper for awhile till i get the body work and paint done up just the way i want.

Im trying for at least 170 at the wheel. Got a ways to go yet....

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                      X