.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-Internal Coil went bad.
    I used a wire from the old F22A, and converted the Dizzy to work with and external coil, had to add and extra wire on the plug that goes to the igniter.

2- Bad grounding.
    Ground that goes from the battery to the Tranny was loose.
    JDM Parts for sale

Comment

So, im thinking about doing this swap sometime when i find a dohc f22b. Thats a great write up btw. But since 90-91s are internal and 92-93s are external, why couldnt someone just use the 90-91 wire harness? Or would the harness be missing alot of other plugs? just wondering, i havent ever seen anyone say anything about it.

My New Ride
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Because you need the entire dash harness as well.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

That makes sense why no one has done it. Thanks.

My New Ride

Comment

What Octane are you guys running with your F22B? I've been puttin 87 and 89... I wouldnt think the non-vtec would need 93...i could be wrong
            My CB For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by JTEK24 View Post
              What Octane are you guys running with your F22B? I've been puttin 87 and 89... I wouldnt think the non-vtec would need 93...i could be wrong
              I ran 87-89 in mine.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

id only use 93 if you have a fully built motor and boost along with it but other then that 87-89 well do perfactly fine for it i just finished my sap and ill be using 87 on mine.

Comment

How would you guys compare this to the f22a6?

My New Ride

Comment

Do you not know how to compare motor? Look at the power differences.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

okay so ive just finished my swap and now my d4 light is blinking and my speedometer isnt working ive already changed the speed sensor that didnt change anything and when driving the car bogs down at around 1500 rpm. idk if i should try changing the tcu or the selinoids the car is a auto 92 ive found many fourms with this question but this is bye far the best place i can get the answer from and well trust the most and yes you guys can yell at me for probabley being the 1 millionth person to ask the quest tion of the blinking d4 light.

edit: and the car is running on the stock ecu im not sure if its the pt3 or the pt6 yet ill find out in the afternoon.
                      Last edited by 92accordcb7ex; 06-04-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I'm doing the f22b in my cb7 right now, I'll work to fill in any holes that I found in this thread, such as power steering belt numbers, and i figured i'd throw in this pic of the modified f22ax power steering bracket.

I personally cut the extra off the f22a bracket that didn't line up with the bolt hole. Looked cleaner, and I like to bolt my hoist chain to the head.

And here is a pic of the the washers you need to use to shim the bottom bolt hole of the bracket.

I used (8) 10mm washers, and then welded them together b/c they became a PITA. (optional, but very helpful)

I will have a part number for the belt I used tomorrow.
                        Last edited by HondaBob; 09-22-2009, 09:47 PM.
                        -Big3racing.net-
                        My Build Thread. Many pics.

Comment

I used a Gatorback PS belt that was 40in. long in my DOHC F22B. I forgot the part number though.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I have a question i just purchased a f22b but it doesn't have an ecu i heard i could use a p06 chipped but i have a 50/50 chance of it working because im automatic? What do you guys suggest i do
                            Looking for a new cb7

Comment

P06 chipped works great just get one from an automatic if your setup is auto
                              FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                              Pm meX
                              I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                              H22A Swap
                              I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Ok, I just got my new belts on my f22b. I'm using the f22a bracket and powersteering pump.

The Stock length AC belt worked great. No change there.

The Powersteering belt ended up measuring out to be 44". This was at full adjustment in. Buying a 44" belt would be a little bit of a PITA to get on, and to make it easier on myself, I picked up a 45" belt. The part number for my belt I used was 450k4. That number will be able to be cross referenced at any parts store to get you the belt you need. You may also want to use a 445k4 as well, for a middle of the road belt length.

Some pics of this stuff.

The power steering pump tensioner location as it was measured.

The new belts

And the new belt installed, along with the tensioner location.

There is still some adjustability there for more tension on the belt. But for a little more, along with ease of instalation, pick up a 445k4 belt.
                                -Big3racing.net-
                                My Build Thread. Many pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X