.::THE JDM F22B Swap Guide::.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
    Hey Joser, i wanted to thank you again for this awesome guide. I finish my swap today, and everything is running fine. I had a couple issues with the vacuums, but nothing that we couldn't fix.

I had to get the steering pump and pressure line for the same engine . everything fitted perfect.

It feels a little slow on performance, because of the ECU being for a SOHC engine like you said.

chipped PO6 ECU on a 93 10th AE???? doable or what???? i was reading the thread about it, but still inconclusive.
    ugh please read more about the chipping. . . YES it is doable, infact alot of swapped people on this board are running P06's and your car being a 93 10th AE has nothing to do with whether it will work or not.
    F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
    My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
    Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7 View Post
      ugh please read more about the chipping. . . YES it is doable, infact alot of swapped people on this board are running P06's and your car being a 93 10th AE has nothing to do with whether it will work or not.
      Yes it does. 93 10th SE means auto, which means it won't work as easy as it does with a 5spd.

If you're interested in getting a chipped ecu, email me at crzy.tuning@gmail.com

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Hey Jose i am getting code 11: Ignition Coil.

I started the engine on Saturday, and ran saturday night and part of sunday without any problems until the afternoon. i wouldn't start sometimes. it did start a couple times.

Today i gave it another shot, and same thing started about 4 times then nothing. i got the codes today.

I did the 30amp fuse to complete the circuit on the coil connector.
        JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Sounds like you need a new coil then! haha

How old is the distributor? There is a chance that it did go out, as I went through 2 distributors and coils in my swap.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
            Sounds like you need a new coil then! haha

How old is the distributor? There is a chance that it did go out, as I went through 2 distributors and coils in my swap.

Well, there is no Coil at the moment. internal coil on the distributor.
            came with the engine.

I did step 3 i believe where you put a 30amp fuse on the coil connector.

3. You can use the stock JDM F22B DOHC distributor by either;

B) Instead of cutting/splicing, put a 30amp fuse in to complete the circuit between the black/yellow and solid yellow wires.
            Last edited by dannyd; 04-07-2009, 10:27 AM.
            JDM Parts for sale

Comment

There is a coil, its in the distributor. Semantics I know, but still a coil exists, but as you said it is internal.

If you are getting a code for a bad coil, there is a good chance your coil is bad. It is one of the most common things to go on our cars. Try and find another internal coil distributor to test. As I said, I tried multiple distributors on mine and had 2 bad ones, it sucked. 1 internal and 1 external coil, then found an internal coil distributor that worked perfectly.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                There is a coil, its in the distributor. Semantics I know, but still a coil exists, but as you said it is internal.

If you are getting a code for a bad coil, there is a good chance your coil is bad. It is one of the most common things to go on our cars. Try and find another internal coil distributor to test. As I said, I tried multiple distributors on mine and had 2 bad ones, it sucked. 1 internal and 1 external coil, then found an internal coil distributor that worked perfectly.
                I wasn't thinking straight there, sorry. i am getting frustrated with all this shiet.

Thanks for the advice.
                JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  Yes it does. 93 10th SE means auto, which means it won't work as easy as it does with a 5spd.

If you're interested in getting a chipped ecu, email me at crzy.tuning@gmail.com
                  he just needs that jumper harness maybe you should add that to the parts list if people are staying auto with their set up

MY RIDE

vouches:
                  Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Comment

It's not always needed.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I would say more often than not if you are chipping its a safer bet that way you don't have to deal with it later on down the road

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

I tried to see if i could fix the ignition problem, but no luck. I guess i am gonna have to get another distributor.
                        JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Problem fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks chessboxer and Jose.
                          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

what was wrong what did you fix? This might help others who have problems down the road.

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Originally posted by DA92CB7 View Post
                              what was wrong what did you fix? This might help others who have problems down the road.
                              I believe it was this.

Originally posted by dannyd View Post
                              Hey Jose i am getting code 11: Ignition Coil.

I started the engine on Saturday, and ran saturday night and part of sunday without any problems until the afternoon. i wouldn't start sometimes. it did start a couple times.

Today i gave it another shot, and same thing started about 4 times then nothing. i got the codes today.

I did the 30amp fuse to complete the circuit on the coil connector.
                              3 CB's gone....
                              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

I read that but I mean like what did he do to fix it

MY RIDE

vouches:

Comment

Working...
                                X