• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Skyline Pics and Video

Pics

Vid

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Actually 2009 they say.....

Looks good, looks heavy though, but why a v6, skylines have been I6's

I wish nissan would just sell the old skylines as well

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Looks awesome, but ya, it does look heavy too.

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
        Actually 2009 they say.....

Looks good, looks heavy though, but why a v6, skylines have been I6's

I wish nissan would just sell the old skylines as well
        that's the exact thing i've always been wondering about. why switch from an inline 6 to a v6 or v8?

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
          that's the exact thing i've always been wondering about. why switch from an inline 6 to a v6 or v8?
          The old iron block L6 was stout, but it was also heavy and terrible for packaging. Why not go to the V6 and get a liter more displacement in half the block size?

This does look to be a porker though. But eh. What car isn't these days? Plus GT-Rs have always been heavy. I'm crossing my fingers for the new Supra...5.0L DOHC VVT-i V8...wowsers

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i wonder what mazda has to offer?

Comment

its just an 09 g35

1966 Chevy Nova
              1974 Super Beetle
              2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
              2004 Honda Element
              2004 Honda Ruckus
              2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
              www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

Originally posted by Weezo182
                its just an 09 g35
                i've heard it's going to be sold in the infiniti dealerships. what's up with that?

Comment

if its competing with a Porsche 911 turbo, its definitly more than just an 09 G35

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

It'll be in the $85k+ price range, I've heard that. For the price, I'd rather import an R34.

The I6 has some reliability issues. The long crankshaft is prone to warpage with extreme use, and head gaskets often go. The 2JZ and 7MG Supras had the same problems. The I6 does have more charm, though. To me, a V6 has always been a crap motor... V6 Mustangs are crap, as are V6 Camaros and Firebirds. I always figured that true sports cars should be turbocharged inline (4 or 6) or monstrous V8s. The V6 has always struck me as a midget V8

Still, Nissan's V6 motors have proven to be quite powerful. The Z cars have long been favorites in the Japanese performance circles, and (the newest models, at least) they have been equipped with V6s.

Stock for stock, I think this car will definitely run with the crowd it's aiming for. It may fall short in some areas (I'm sure the American cars will outrun it in the 1/4, and the German and Italian cars will outhandle it) but I don't doubt that it will follow the same path as the previous Skylines (I think that "this isn't going to carry the Skyline name" bull that was said on that page is stupid... it's a Skyline). It will be a very solid all-around performer, and the aftermarket for it will make it a monster. Take the best aftermarket stuff made for the crowd this Skyline will be aimed at, apply it to all the cars in the arena, and I wouldn't doubt that the Skyline will come out as the winner... The Skyline has always been the ultimate tuner car.

I would drive it. I wouldn't pay $90,000 for it though. Honda got luck with the NSX, IMO. It'll take some luck for Nissan to draw the crowd that could afford this car. The 50+ crowd that buys the majority of the "look at me" expensive sports cars isn't really the crowd that worships the Skyline. Skyline lovers are usually in their mid-30s or younger. People in that age bracket are usually unstable, with new families to pay for. A $50,000 or less price tag would be safer.

Comment

US Models aren't called the Skyline, they call it GT-R, if i'm correct.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Either way, it's a Skyline. Honestly,they'd be stupid NOT to call it a Skyline!

Comment

Seems like it could handle better, but maybe it has banks that I'm not seeing. Just seems to handle kind of sloppy/heavy from the videos...probably better in person.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            It'll be in the $85k+ price range, I've heard that. For the price, I'd rather import an R34.

The I6 has some reliability issues. The long crankshaft is prone to warpage with extreme use, and head gaskets often go. The 2JZ and 7MG Supras had the same problems. The I6 does have more charm, though. To me, a V6 has always been a crap motor... V6 Mustangs are crap, as are V6 Camaros and Firebirds. I always figured that true sports cars should be turbocharged inline (4 or 6) or monstrous V8s. The V6 has always struck me as a midget V8

Still, Nissan's V6 motors have proven to be quite powerful. The Z cars have long been favorites in the Japanese performance circles, and (the newest models, at least) they have been equipped with V6s.

Stock for stock, I think this car will definitely run with the crowd it's aiming for. It may fall short in some areas (I'm sure the American cars will outrun it in the 1/4, and the German and Italian cars will outhandle it) but I don't doubt that it will follow the same path as the previous Skylines (I think that "this isn't going to carry the Skyline name" bull that was said on that page is stupid... it's a Skyline). It will be a very solid all-around performer, and the aftermarket for it will make it a monster. Take the best aftermarket stuff made for the crowd this Skyline will be aimed at, apply it to all the cars in the arena, and I wouldn't doubt that the Skyline will come out as the winner... The Skyline has always been the ultimate tuner car.

I would drive it. I wouldn't pay $90,000 for it though. Honda got luck with the NSX, IMO. It'll take some luck for Nissan to draw the crowd that could afford this car. The 50+ crowd that buys the majority of the "look at me" expensive sports cars isn't really the crowd that worships the Skyline. Skyline lovers are usually in their mid-30s or younger. People in that age bracket are usually unstable, with new families to pay for. A $50,000 or less price tag would be safer.
                            all so true.. this car isnt a skyline in nature anymore. its simply a Z platform modified to compete with porches and other exotics. i would rather build an r32 gtr for a fraction of the price, and have it walk on everything. the 90 grand, is not worth it in any way, shape or form. keep in mind, automakers arent all about the tuner market anymore. they want out of the box performance. or what they think is performance anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Dv8
                              all so true.. this car isnt a skyline in nature anymore. its simply a Z platform modified to compete with porches and other exotics. i would rather build an r32 gtr for a fraction of the price, and have it walk on everything. the 90 grand, is not worth it in any way, shape or form. keep in mind, automakers arent all about the tuner market anymore. they want out of the box performance. or what they think is performance anyways.
                              Why not just take a civic chassis and build that up for a cheaper price then the r32 then? Old car v.s new car, kinna hard to compare them as they are not really apples to apples. And I agree on the fact that its a Z platform based car with twin turbo and AWD. Is there anything that makes it stand out from the cars its made to compete against?

Is the price even released? I do not think they will be in the 90K range, and if they do they are not smart in the head because the majority of the American people would not pay that much for a Nissan sports car even if its the Skyline.

Who knows, with the recent tuner scene from Mitsubishi and Subaru with their STi and Evos there might be potential buyers who want something better then those but couldn't afford the Ferraris or Lambos.

Lots of carbon fiber goodies

I think that Nissan knows that this car isn't worthy of being called a Skyline for some reason but thats me. If it would it could but why GT-R? Is it trying to follow the path of the higher end cars with its letters and numbers or something else?
                              Last edited by HondaB18; 10-14-2006, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X