R.I.P Daniel (JDMDaniel240)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dannys family can use your story to file a civil suit

Im still confused as to why one would be doing illegal canyon runs being 1 ticket away from having a license suspension when your job depends on you having a car

How long will it be before its appropriate to talk about that

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      Dannys family can use your story to file a civil suit

Im still confused as to why one would be doing illegal canyon runs being 1 ticket away from having a license suspension when your job depends on you having a car

How long will it be before its appropriate to talk about that
      I agree with this. Being in a similar situation (minus people dying) I sold anything and everything would make me drive like a douche. Now I have an automatic Cavalier with no urges to drive fast or worry about getting a ticket and losing my job.

It's unfortunate that someone had to lose their life. I never really cared for you before, and this situation certainly doesn't help it. Obviously it was the other man's choice, but if you had drove normal, wouldn't he have most likely drove normal instead of speeding up?

Comment

Theres a lot of young kids on this site... we have to respect the dead but we have to use this as a cautionary tale

Of all the ways to die this might be one of the most trivial/pointless

Be careful who you surround yourself with and think about the choices you make

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

that's why i got over speeding a long time ago. a good night out in my car, is boulevard cruising n some blunt and beats. good luck getting into a fatal crash at 40kmh.

Comment

Look I would normally be right there with you guys, but I would say just let it go.

We forget that even though Austin can come across mature sometimes and has the knowledge of Honda/Acura that rivals some adult men on here, he is still a kid.

Kids make bad decisions.

He chose to speed up to get out of the area and avoid a ticket.....

his buddy followed suit and went beyond his capabilities. Not necessarily his fault.

Even if Austin didn't run, the other kid could have took that same turn too fast anyway...

or lost it next week....

no way to know....

so it's not really fair to put this on Austin, as he already feels bad enough and will probably be the most affected by this outside Daniel's immediate family.

So Id really push you guys to cut him some slack, shit happens. No reason to sit here and demand answers from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              Look I would normally be right there with you guys, but I would say just let it go.

We forget that even though Austin can come across mature sometimes and has the knowledge of Honda/Acura that rivals some adult men on here, he is still a kid.

Kids make bad decisions.

He chose to speed up to get out of the area and avoid a ticket.....

his buddy followed suit and went beyond his capabilities. Not necessarily his fault.

Even if Austin didn't run, the other kid could have took that same turn too fast anyway...

or lost it next week....

no way to know....

so it's not really fair to put this on Austin, as he already feels bad enough and will probably be the most affected by this outside Daniel's immediate family.

So Id really push you guys to cut him some slack, shit happens. No reason to sit here and demand answers from him.
              There's just too many what if's. Doesn't matter if he is a kid or not, he understands the rules of the road and acknowledged them when he accepted his drivers license. He's the one who created this thread to explain his actions, almost to justify them to us. I see it completely differently than him. I am in no means trying to add salt to the wound, I wasn't there, I haven't ever met either one of the individuals, but from my point of view on the internet, it could've been entirely avoided at that point in time. Fact of the matter is it happened, and it's something that is going to have be lived with for the rest of the lives. Austin, my condolences on your sitatuon, I couldn't imagine myself in your shoes, and while I may seem a bit harsh I wish the best for you, but I do disagree with the actions that you chose. I was a kid and drove like an idiot at one point in time, but never had to be put in a situation like this.

Comment

Yea but all the points you make, we are all aware of.

Austin most certainly, and if he wasn't aware of them, he is now and life is the harshest lesson of all.

So I just think we should drop it and let him do his thing.

If they were doing this on city streets, id be deep in his ass right now, but they were on backroads and I know one thing he isn't is a liar.

So they were cruising backroads that they have done before and made a stupid decision(to speed up to get out of the area, I don't think being there or spirited back road runs are stupid) although a track is always advised.

So in the instance he made that decision everything changed. That's how fast life happens.

So I don't see the need to dwell on it, you know?

He isn't justifying anything, he is just sharing the night with us and looking for support. If you don't feel like supporting him because you don't agree with his choices, then just don't post....but I just think if we continue this thread is going no where good and that's not right.

Comment

And on a sidenote-

N9- you said yourself you have made stupid decisions but never been in that specific situation...

do you know why?

Only two options exist...

A) you were lucky

b) you were a shred more mature at the time then him....

so now put yourself in his shoes....

because of his and his friends simple lack of judgment, which millions of people suffer from every day, tradegy struck.....

so you're not that much different then him, actually not one single person on here is.

Everyone here puts on their clothes the same way every fucking morning.

So that's my point. Im one to be quick to jump to conclusions and start shit, but maybe its my old age lol but im not trying to pass judgement, just show some sympathy for someone who just lost a friend and for someone who just lost their life.

Comment

I agree with you Ralphie. As much as I may disagree and not care for him from the impression I've gotten for him, he is still part of a community I have a great interest in, and if I can do anything to help him or the victims family I would be glad to due so.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                      Yea but all the points you make, we are all aware of.

Austin most certainly, and if he wasn't aware of them, he is now and life is the harshest lesson of all.

So I just think we should drop it and let him do his thing.

If they were doing this on city streets, id be deep in his ass right now, but they were on backroads and I know one thing he isn't is a liar.

So they were cruising backroads that they have done before and made a stupid decision(to speed up to get out of the area, I don't think being there or spirited back road runs are stupid) although a track is always advised.

So in the instance he made that decision everything changed. That's how fast life happens.

So I don't see the need to dwell on it, you know?

He isn't justifying anything, he is just sharing the night with us and looking for support. If you don't feel like supporting him because you don't agree with his choices, then just don't post....but I just think if we continue this thread is going no where good and that's not right.

I agree with this.

My posts about legal council are genuine and honest. I hope he doesn't deal with any legal BS because of all of this. If someone comes asking, i hope he pleads the fizzith and asks for a lawyer.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                        .... Fact of the matter d, and it's something that is going to have be lived with for the rest of the lives. Austin, my condolences on your sitatuon, I couldn't imagine myself in your shoes, and while I may seem a bit harsh I wish the best for you, but I do disagree with the actions that you chose. I was a kid and drove like an idiot at one point in time, but never had to be put in a situation like this.
                        That's just it, you, I, and many others on here didn't have to deal with this. Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody knows better than him now. It's beyond telling him what he already knows.

This thread needs to be seen as more than just looking for.answers or a blame, we are almost all guilty of driving past what is really smart, and this needs to be a flag for all who drive without thinking about life being wrapped around a pole, tree, or concrete median.

Driving limits are much more than car limits, it is most often driver limits not car limits. Rich kids wreck much more.capable cars at high and low speeds. This isn't the thread to quietly brag that you know.your accords limit better than the next guy.

With that said, conscience doesn't require red and blue flashing. Don't text while driving, don't cut off the Oldsmobile, it has someone's grand parent in it. You might make it, but they might swerve. If you pass the limit, know what the consequence is and your reaction to a cop, if you are past what you would stop for just don't do it in the first place.
                        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Exactly, that's what it's all about.

If you were his older brother you'd give him a good ass whooping but you would still back him wouldn't you?

So that's how I see it.

He has give a lot to the community and while he may rub people the wrong way, I realized it's just because of the HUGE age gap.

We assume people are our own age on here, and sometimes, they're much older or younger.

I still think Tomi is my age LOL....he get's out there and does more shit then I do....

so it's really irrelevant behind a monitor.....

Again, I find fault with their actions but it's too late now....no need to harp on it....im sure he's well aware of the points....

now he just needs people in his corner.
                          Afterwards, you'll probably never interact with him again anyway so it's all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                            With that said, conscience doesn't require red and blue flashing. Don't text while driving, don't cut off the Oldsmobile, it has someone's grand parent in it. You might make it, but they might swerve. If you pass the limit, know what the consequence is and your reaction to a cop, if you are past what you would stop for just don't do it in the first place.
                            Quite possibly one of the best pieces of information in this thread. I wasn't trying to start anything with my disagreement, and like Ralphie had asked to drop it and show some sympathy. There's no need to beat a dead horse as what's done is done. While I may disagree and look down upon what happened it's like Ralphie said he is no different than me or you for that matter. I have my opinions on it just like everyone else. If there's anything we as a community can do to help with the situation, I'm sure we will all do it to the best of our ability.

Comment

unfortunately this is not the first time this has happened. it's tragic news like this that made me stop street racing or spirited driving in the canyons. the risk is just not worth it but in this case it was simply a freak accident. sorry to hear about this, and condolences to those affected!
                              1cor10:31
                              - 92 LX coupe
                              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                                Hindsight is 20/20.
                                this is the most important thing to remember. its easy to judge someones split second reaction sitting in front of a computer, days after the fact. shit happens. its sucks but im sure Austin is beating himself up more than anyone on a forum could ever lecture him. weve ALL made mistakes. this was just very costly.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                                The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X