No announcement yet.

sideswipe : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tuning, use who Keith used or go to Matt shue!! But I believe ridgline racing is in NC., so with them they use Joseph Davis!
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      glad you got the CB up and running again man.

dude. found my old CB recently. i hope i can buy it back. see if i can fit the suspension onto my CG. haha. or sell it.
      Just keep the CG dude...it's looking good! Can't wait to smash some hwy on Tues!

Originally posted by Alex13mod View Post
      Car is looking good bro I love how clean the bay is.
      Thanks dude! I've been following your build as well and I like what I'm seeing! I may still do a wire tuck on my bay but I'm happy with how it is right now.

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
      For tuning, use who Keith used or go to Matt shue!! But I believe ridgline racing is in NC., so with them they use Joseph Davis!
      Hung at Phantasm street tuned it for me last May and it's ran awesome ever since. Would have been even better to have some dyno tuning done that day as well but unfortunately it was taken apart to be fixed. I may take it to the same shop that Keith had his dynoed at in the near future. Still need to get it up to the shop to have my timing checked since the head rebuild too. Think it's good but it could be off be a little since I don't have a timing light.
      Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Glad to hear the CB7 is doing good.

Any updates on the 7th gen?
        1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
          Glad to hear the CB7 is doing good.

Any updates on the 7th gen?
          The 7th gen was a quick buy and is strictly used for dd duty...mostly by the wifey. There are 0 plans for it other than normal maintenance & cleaning. The Pilot 7 the CB are what I drive depending on the weather & whatever mood I'm in that day.

Comment

love the simple look of the engine bay on this one! all function!
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
              love the simple look of the engine bay on this one! all function!
              Thanks bro...means a lot!

Comment

So I have a dilemma...to sell or not to sell?

As those that know me or have followed my thread know, I've been back & forth the last year or 2 on whether I should sell the CB and move on. Some days I felt ok about it...and others not so much. Over the last month or 2 I've finally felt at peace about letting it go...or so I thought. I knew that if I ever did let it go...it would have to be to the right person, for the right amount, on the right day.

Well...that day may have finally arrived. Was talking to a friend that works with me today about how I liked what he had done with his Expedition...and mentioned that I was thinking about selling the CB. He asked how much, I told him I'd probably list it for $4k when I was ready and then he said he'd buy it today or whenever for that amount.

I recently had another friend from work offer $3k for it and I was like...uhh, no thanks. He is always buying, trading and selling cars so I'd rather not see him do that to my baby. Guess in the end it wouldn't really matter though since it wouldn't be mine anymore.

Anyways, my friend I spoke of today is a little better about that kind of stuff...and he's willing to give me what I want for it. The thing is, if I sold it, I'd rather not have to ever see it again...and he works with me so I'd see it every time he was there with it. He knows about all the work I've done to it though and I think he'd take good care of her...so what to do?

I realize that ultimately the decision is mine to make but as easy as it could be for some...is how hard it is for me right now. I've already reached the point a little while ago where I just don't have the time & $ to spend on it anymore. So for now I've just been enjoying my creation by driving it when I feel like it...which is usually just a few days a week riding to work & back. The separation anxiety is already killing me just thinking about it not being in my driveway after 12 years of owning it...but things do change in life as we all know. I still do love my CB...but maybe it's finally time to move on.

So for any of you that happen to read this and have gone through this situation before...what advice or knowledge can you give to help me out? Whatever happens, I've made alot of friends on this site and learned a ton about these cars & cars in general. So thanks in advance to all of you! :wavey

Comment

Question is. Will you modify your newer accord? If not keep the CB. You'll have a car thats modded already and you wont have to worry about buying anymore. You can keep your newer accord stock(why a tuner would i dont know) and youll be happy. Who cares if you see it again. If you do at least you know its gettin taken care of.

But if you do sell it, you're gonna get that mod bug bite again...so another one of the stock cars will get it...

Comment

Maybe invest on a paint job may make you feel better and or do a new setup Supercharged or turbo that’s something to spice up the accord. I have gone through this last year when my F20B Started acting funny and didn’t want to buy another mother and then other parts started failing. Fixing minor stuff at first and then major stuff motivated me to work on her again.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      Question is. Will you modify your newer accord? If not keep the CB. You'll have a car thats modded already and you wont have to worry about buying anymore. You can keep your newer accord stock(why a tuner would i dont know) and youll be happy. Who cares if you see it again. If you do at least you know its gettin taken care of.

But if you do sell it, you're gonna get that mod bug bite again...so another one of the stock cars will get it...
                      0 plans for the '03 bro. Wifey drives it and I either drive the Pilot or the CB depending on how I feel that day. She doesn't want anything altered on it and honestly, I have no interest anyways so it works out.

I'm pretty much done with working on the CB for a while...just driving her a few days a week to work & back. At this point in my life, I'd rather spend my time & $ on more important things, like my house and family. I've basically come to the decision that if the right person approaches me on the right day, with the right amount of $, I'll let her go. If that happens, cool...if not, that's cool too.

Maybe invest on a paint job may make you feel better and or do a new setup Supercharged or turbo that’s something to spice up the accord. I have gone through this last year when my F20B Started acting funny and didn’t want to buy another mother and then other parts started failing. Fixing minor stuff at first and then major stuff motivated me to work on her again.
                      A new paint job would be awesome...but I don't have the $ to do that with right now. Life changes when you have 3 kids, a wife, a dog, a house and a job to take care of.

I just did the H22 swap in March last year so I'm good on all that stuff. I've upgraded or replaced almost everything on the car already, besides the upper ball joints, tie-rod ends and a few bushings.

I feel good about what I've done with the CB and I'm just having fun driving it once in a while now. To be honest...there's alot of newer, better cars out there to choose from or upgrade to now...and I have my eye on several of them at the moment. No love lost for the CB...just no interest in putting more work into it right now when I could be doing other things.

Comment

Originally posted by sideswipe View Post
                        0 plans for the '03 bro. Wifey drives it and I either drive the Pilot or the CB depending on how I feel that day. She doesn't want anything altered on it and honestly, I have no interest anyways so it works out.

I'm pretty much done with working on the CB for a while...just driving her a few days a week to work & back. At this point in my life, I'd rather spend my time & $ on more important things, like my house and family. I've basically come to the decision that if the right person approaches me on the right day, with the right amount of $, I'll let her go. If that happens, cool...if not, that's cool too.

A new paint job would be awesome...but I don't have the $ to do that with right now. Life changes when you have 3 kids, a wife, a dog, a house and a job to take care of.

I just did the H22 swap in March last year so I'm good on all that stuff. I've upgraded or replaced almost everything on the car already, besides the upper ball joints, tie-rod ends and a few bushings.

I feel good about what I've done with the CB and I'm just having fun driving it once in a while now. To be honest...there's alot of newer, better cars out there to choose from or upgrade to now...and I have my eye on several of them at the moment. No love lost for the CB...just no interest in putting more work into it right now when I could be doing other things.
                        I have an 2007 Honda Civic Si yes it may feel refreshed and new but something about the CB7 you will not feel on newer cars which makes me drive it more than my 2007 Civic SI Coupe. I even driven a Mitsubishi Lancer MR Special Edition and its not the same as my CB7.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

i just replaced all the suspension on mine. the upper control arms made a massive improvement on ride quality. i know what you mean about the wife and kids thing. it takes a toll on the mind, body and the wallet, lol. its looking great by the way. sometimes i wish i had a 4dr with the kids. i love my coupe when its just me but with 3 kids and two of them being under the age of 2 its hell on the back.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I have an 2007 Honda Civic Si yes it may feel refreshed and new but something about the CB7 you will not feel on newer cars which makes me drive it more than my 2007 Civic SI Coupe. I even driven a Mitsubishi Lancer MR Special Edition and its not the same as my CB7.
                            I completely agree.
                            Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 04-24-2013, 12:23 AM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I completely understand what you mean...my CB feels so much better than my 7th gen does. Maybe it's because I've owned it for 12 years...or it's just because of the simplicity of it. I love my Pilot (it's an EXL), love the CB still, but the 7th is like, ehh...it's solid and runs well but I'm just not feeling it (mostly because of the color & LX trim). I had a '10 Civic EX that I got brand new off the lot and loved it...but with the kids it was cramped and it got traded in a couple years ago for the Pilot.

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                              i just replaced all the suspension on mine. the upper control arms made a massive improvement on ride quality. i know what you mean about the wife and kids thing. it takes a toll on the mind, body and the wallet, lol. its looking great by the way. sometimes i wish i had a 4dr with the kids. i love my coupe when its just me but with 3 kids and two of them being under the age of 2 its hell on the back.
                              Thanks bro...I prefer the sedans over the coupes...especially since I have kids like you said. The CB is basically a toy at this point, and I don't HAVE to sell it...but I could use the $ from selling it to upgrade the house, pay off some bills and go see my family in WA (been 11 years since the last time). My priorities have grown up I guess...finally.

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                              I completely agree.
                              I agree as well...but like I said, there are alot more options out there. I'd really like a TL or TSX.

Comment

Kris. If you get a TL or TSX of any year before me i will kill you. No special way. Ill just take you out in the middle of the street, shoot you and pay the consiquence.

Comment

Working...
                                X