Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How’s it going!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How’s it going!

Hello! I just figured I’d pop in and say “hello”. I’ve never been on a forum before just been a hardcore lurker for 8-9 years on many different forums. But I just recently picked up my Arcadia Green (God I hope that’s correct) 1992 Accord EX 5-Speed last week. I’ve been an import car enthusiast my whole life and this is my first car I’ve had fully registered in my name and everything. So I’m super pumped to start doing things with it. Hope to gain lots of knowledge from the site, I also hope I’m doing this whole forum thing right. Take it easy!

Welcome to the site!

Glad to have you as another enthusiastic member.

Arcadia Green accords are a beautiful car.

Just as a word of advice, start with the maintenance of the vehicle before worrying about performance. Overhauling things such as the suspension and the brakes will make a huge difference in the performance of the vehicle alone without even worrying about making more power.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Welcome!

Rilas is absolutely right. Make sure everything is working as it should before you start modifying. It'll make a significant improvement. It'll also ensure your modifications work as intended!

What are your goals for the car? The CB7 is a great platform. Tons of potential to be sporty, luxurious, or show-worthy. The aftermarket is still fairly strong, too, so finding parts isn't terribly difficult yet.

A bit of advice that you'll probably see repeated over and over again as you search this forum:

-Don't install cheap suspension components, as they can be very dangerous (and sadly, there are MANY low-quality brands out there now!)

-If you plan on installing a turbo, plan on replacing your engine internals. The stock F22A engine is very well made, but it is not designed to handle turbo. More often than not, a turbo on a stock engine lasts for no more than a few months.

-Rust is major issue on these cars, depending on where you live. If your rear quarter panels are starting to rust, spend the money to fix them ASAP. Letting it go will make the repair significantly more costly.

-Upgrades that will offer little to no benefit:
      -"high flow" catalytic converter - the stock converter flows fine and works better.
      -HIDs/LEDs in stock headlight housings - the light gets thrown everywhere, annoying oncoming drivers and offering very little improvement in visibility.
      -"Stage 2/3/4/whatever" clutch - if you're not making significantly more power than stock, get a quality stock replacement clutch... you'll gain nothing but an empty wallet, shorter lived components, and more shock sent through your transmission from an unnecessarily aggressive clutch.

There's a lot more, but those are a few of the early upgrades new CB7 owners often do, only to learn afterward that they could've made better choices with their time and money.

I'll bump your post count to 30 so you have access to the entire site as well. Our 30 post beginner requirement is a bit extreme these days, and it'll be changing soon anyway.

Comment

Thanks Deev! My plans for it currently is to just work more on the suspension and getting the car overall up to snuff (Replacing what needs to be replaced and so on). What I would really love to do is a K swap, K24 Block - K20 head, I know it’s a time/money consuming swap, it would obviously be awhile before I got there. I’d also love to keep it N/A, but maybe go the ITB route. But I’m just trying to enjoy the car, I’m having a lot of fun with it currently and I really look forward to being a part of the community!

Comment

K swap is the way to go these days. Even if you just do a complete K24.
          I had an H22 in my CB7, and it was perfect. 200hp wasn’t “fast” by today’s standards, but it was satisfyingly quick. I wasn’t hunting corvettes. I just wanted to enjoy being pushed back in my seat when I floored it... and it did that well enough!

Comment

Working...
          X