Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
    You can do it cheap, but you have to work harder for it.

First decision, forged or no? If your goal is 400+ whp then spend the money. If your goal is closer to 300 whp just get a stock motor.

For the money, you cant beat a holset turbo for this power level. $300 will get you one in good shape.

Hiprofile injectors area a good cheap option, or you can decap some subaru injectors like I did and get 800CC injectors for cheap cheap.

One thing about transmissions, the f22 gears don't seem that long when you have 400 whp.
    how would you make subaru injectors work? since they are side feed.
    im going to forge, just for the reliable aspect, id rather build it right once than several times wrong.
    and as far as it goes i know garrett is the best flowing turbo because of the design(well atleast they claim by their charts), but if it comes to it i may look into a cheaper option. ^ and at 300$ that seems pretty good, ill look into this

Comment

Hx-35 outflows that garrett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobUGlWFZh4
      Good for 400 whp with stock fuel pressure regulator, more with higher pressure
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
        Hx-35 outflows that garrett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mobUGlWFZh4
        Good for 400 whp with stock fuel pressure regulator, more with higher pressure
        i will look into those injectors thats pretty cool.
        yes that turbo will "out flow" but its designed for a 5.7L diesel, so it wont be full spool until like 4k, i want full spool by about 2.5k

Comment

So at 70MPH you are going to be using the turbo as a heater? That's pretty low to have full spool... But that's my opinion...

If you ever drive on the highway with that tiny turbo for any long distances it's going to coke with oil and shit it's pants.

Comment

You might be happier with a big 16g (also cheap). You can make over 300 whp with one, and they will spool pretty quick.
            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
              i will look into those injectors thats pretty cool.
              yes that turbo will "out flow" but its designed for a 5.7L diesel, so it wont be full spool until like 4k, i want full spool by about 2.5k
              Change the turbine housing. IIRC Holset turbos are interchangeable with each other for the most part.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Just for the record, im on a stock f22a1 450cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, tuned on NepTune and a Garret 60/63. I made 300ish hp untill i cracked a ringland. Ran strong for a year. But really my H22A 9:1 Fully Built turbo motor will be going in
                Last edited by tutsuo; 10-14-2014, 03:36 PM.
                Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                Originally posted by deevergote
                den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

http://www.raceeng.com/p-31047-wisec...t-526p85r.aspx

So I happened to find 85mm pistons made by wieseco, has anyone ever used them?

Comment

Multiple members have and continue to use Wiseco, they are a respected brand while also pitching great value compared to say CP or JE Pistons.
                    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

does anyone know the actual part number for the gates racing timing belt? As i have found a few that say its for h22 and f22 and another one that says f22b and f22a. ive searched on here also and it just comes up with people asking about the gatorback one and gates one which is better, and they come to the general consensus that the gates racing one is.

it seems i am coming up with t244b the most

but yet the gates catalog comes up with these which is t187r
                      http://www.gatesaustralia.com.au/~/m...May%202013.pdf

seem as the t187r is 113teeth
                      t244 is 112 teeth

gates is discontinuing the t187r, but there is a few on ebay still, i cross checked the stats of an oem belt and the t187r is the correct one. And i ordered one
                      Last edited by 93redcb7; 01-07-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

has anybody used the bisimoto valve springs with stock retainers? I talked to Jannet and she said they would be fine, i dont really plan on rev'ing super crazy, and im only getting their 1.2 cam.

Comment

I dont know if i posted that I got an engine, but I did. And tonight i started dis-assembly! head looks really clean , there is a bit of rust in the water jackets but thats to be expected.

Comment

Does anyone know if you can clear a full size rad with a gt28? with treadstone manifold?

Comment

i happened to get a brand new gtx2863 with a tial housing for really cheap, and ive searched everywhere as for a turbo manifold but the only one i can find is the treadstone one(and cheap ebay ones), is there any other manifolds out there that are good? I'm thinking i will have to have a custom made one done, along with downpipe, dump tube and intercooler piping

Comment

Treadstone seems to be decent stuff, and their prices are reasonable. I have no experience with them, but if I chose to go turbo, that would likely be my first stop. As for the radiator question (sorry for not seeing it until now), err on the side of caution. If you're not sure, go with the half rad just to be safe. A quality half rad and a good fan should provide sufficient cooling.

Comment

Working...
                                X