Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Hows PSN? PS3 Users

Well Sony has said the 77 million users Information has been stolen,
    and is not yet known if it credit card info has been obtained . . .

I guess the hacker is pretty happy (At least at the moment) to have accomplished this task.
    We'll see what happens if they find him.

Curious question - Why do hackers have to spoil it for everyone else?

I think that hackers should be dealt with the same way as criminals.
    But alot of the hackers that cause chaos I've heard of, seem to get employed by big companies in order to protect themselves from other hackers.

It also brings the question, Why do people hack in the first place?
    Its the same as going to the store and taking something with out paying for it.
    Or breaking into my house and taking my stuff.

I feel for Sony at the moment, They will be taking ALOT of heat for this, Yet it's not their fault, Its the hacker that decided to piss on everyone . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

i see now...

I was wondering why PSN has been down for a couple of days now...

This is the first i've heard of this..Thanks for the heads-up Demon..

As for why hackers do this? i think you may have answered that already; To get the attention of the people susceptible to hacking, in hopes of gaining employment..among other reasons.

Too bad they had to make it hard for the rest of us to enjoy our Playstation..

You're right, they should get criminal charges.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

how would they get credit card info? Its a free service....
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I was gonna make a thread about this. My g/f has a PSN account and she was worried that it she might be one of those people.

I think they do it because They have the ability. People are gonna do what they know only few people can do. Its a human urge to feel special. like if they know they could fly, there gonna do it theirs no stopping them.

Asking why a hacker hacks is like asking a immature kid why they use cheat codes. Usually:

a) because i can
        b) because its faster
        c) because im to lame to do things the right way
        d) Because.....because SHUT UP!

Yes its like stealing from your house. it actually worse. they steal from your wallet without even stepping inside some of the time.

Hackers are dealt with in the same way as criminals in some ways. Identity theft is a federal offense in the US. and what this person stole from PSN defiantly counts as it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBsevenTUNER View Post
          I was wondering why PSN has been down for a couple of days now...

This is the first i've heard of this..Thanks for the heads-up Demon..

As for why hackers do this? i think you may have answered that already; To get the attention of the people susceptible to hacking, in hopes of gaining employment..among other reasons.

Too bad they had to make it hard for the rest of us to enjoy our Playstation..

You're right, they should get criminal charges.
          I don't try to gain attention by stealing from shops so that the Police can see how smart I am . . .
          Or drive down the road at 200mph so race teams can see me . . .

I do see and understand your point.
          I just think it's stupid people do it for that reason, They need to get out of Mums (Moms ) basement and get a life.

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          how would they get credit card info? Its a free service....
          PSN is free yes.
          Extras are not free, never have been . . . On PSN you can buy games, Subscribe to Playstation plus, Subscribe to Qriocity for music and videos/movies etc.

Originally posted by WiggneedsJDM View Post
          I was gonna make a thread about this. My g/f has a PSN account and she was worried that it she might be one of those people.

I think they do it because They have the ability. People are gonna do what they know only few people can do. Its a human urge to feel special. like if they know they could fly, there gonna do it theirs no stopping them.

Asking why a hacker hacks is like asking a immature kid why they use cheat codes. Usually:

a) because i can
          b) because its faster
          c) because im to lame to do things the right way
          d) Because.....because SHUT UP!

Yes its like stealing from your house. it actually worse. they steal from your wallet without even stepping inside some of the time.

Hackers are dealt with in the same way as criminals in some ways. Identity theft is a federal offense in the US. and what this person stole from PSN defiantly counts as it.

Very true.

What they do doesn't make them special though.

Oh Yay they got their unmentioned name in the news because they are hiding in the basement.

That person stole more than just an identity though.
          He stole 77 million of them!!! He also potentially stole financial records (On PSN accounts) and Creditcard info.
          Not to mention that he has inconvenienced the WHOLE Playstation community.

XBOX lovers I notice have jump on the Sony is crap bandwagon - However I can guarantee that Microsoft is quietly watching and updating its security measures.
          Last edited by evil_demon_01; 04-27-2011, 04:02 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

i have no idea whats really going on, but in my opinion, the hackers didnt want users info. thats probably just the angle sony is playing.

quite a coincidence that this happened right after geohot/sony settled out of court. i think its just to fuck with sony, nothing more. sony bullied around george hotz, seized his shit and now the other hackers of the world are playing get back. as soon as sony fixes their network, i can see the hackers going right back at it again.

if the hackers are like an internet gang, and sony takes down an icon like geohot, whats left but to attack sony. i wouldnt be surprised if this never ends for sony.

Comment

Smart men is all i have to say

Comment

it's good that with all the strong governments out there and there sites can all be almost literally taken down by hackers..steal information etc...sometimes it's good to have hackers out there..sometimes it isn't...coming from a fanboy point of few "hah good for sony" but on a serious note what the DR. said i think it prolly has something to do regarding the heat sony started bringing down on the geohotz situation...xbox's get hacked and modded left and right..yes it does mess up the quality of some games but m$ never really came hard on them..other then banned them that's it..so it could be some kinda revenge thing maybe from the community..?

Lou's Build Thread!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

good thing i use Pre paid psn cards for psn also about the xbox fan boys bashing on Sony, alot of then say live has never had anything this bad go wrong, but they either don't remember or don't want to remember a few years ago when it went down for a few weeks during the holiday season lol, anyways I would be really bored right now if I wasn't working on my cb because I would be on my playstation

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                  1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                    good thing i use Pre paid psn cards for psn also about the xbox fan boys bashing on Sony, alot of then say live has never had anything this bad go wrong, but they either don't remember or don't want to remember a few years ago when it went down for a few weeks during the holiday season lol, anyways I would be really bored right now if I wasn't working on my cb because I would be on my playstation
                    Yes it was down due to many people getting xbox 360's and the system being pushed to its limits

not because it was hacked

Comment

Lets try not to turn this thread, like every other one, into a pissing match.

Regardless of what system you use, both are susceptible to these attacks.

I don't know if the hacker(s) were going for cc info. I mean, sure Sony has to warn everyone, but from what i read, the attack was on Qriocity accounts.

DrKu brings up a good point though.

I sure hope that they fix it and fast, as i might be purchasing GT5 soon.

Thing is, i only use PSN to download demos and use Netflix....not to play online as much as others...

Good thing i have Netflix on the wii!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        Well Sony has said the 77 million users Information has been stolen,
                        and is not yet known if it credit card info has been obtained . . .

I guess the hacker is pretty happy (At least at the moment) to have accomplished this task.
                        We'll see what happens if they find him.

Curious question - Why do hackers have to spoil it for everyone else?

I think that hackers should be dealt with the same way as criminals.
                        But alot of the hackers that cause chaos I've heard of, seem to get employed by big companies in order to protect themselves from other hackers.

It also brings the question, Why do people hack in the first place?
                        Its the same as going to the store and taking something with out paying for it.
                        Or breaking into my house and taking my stuff.

I feel for Sony at the moment, They will be taking ALOT of heat for this, Yet it's not their fault, Its the hacker that decided to piss on everyone . . .

some people just want to watch the world burn.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

I'm kind of annoyed that when i turn on my PS3 to use Netflix, it asks me to log into my account. Granted i can still use Netflix, i have to press a few keys for it to work, but it still annoying to see that message saying that it is still down for maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Lets try not to turn this thread, like every other one, into a pissing match.

Regardless of what system you use, both are susceptible to these attacks.

I don't know if the hacker(s) were going for cc info. I mean, sure Sony has to warn everyone, but from what i read, the attack was on Qriocity accounts.

DrKu brings up a good point though.

I sure hope that they fix it and fast, as i might be purchasing GT5 soon.

Thing is, i only use PSN to download demos and use Netflix....not to play online as much as others...

Good thing i have Netflix on the wii!!!!

you could still use it on ps3 just gotta try and log in once or twice then you can watch

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                            1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread
                            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
                              you could still use it on ps3 just gotta try and log in once or twice then you can watch
                              yeah i just have to try to log in and then click the circle key when it says PSN is down for maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                              X