Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

energy suspension for upper control arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

energy suspension for upper control arms.

Any of you guys try installing these energy suspension bushing onto your upper control arms. These shits just don't fit. The lower control ARM bushing went in easy but these won't go in, not even with a press without damage. I had to cut these bushing down to fit. Now for paying $100 dollars I shouldn't have to cut shit to fit.

If any of you guys know something I don't then let me know.
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Did you take all of the old bushing out? There is a metal sleeve in between the old rubber and the control arm that needs to be taken out aswell.
    Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

Of course, I know that these bushing are for use without the metal sleeves. Are you asking me this question because you fit your bushing in or because you just think I missed that step? Everywhere I look I see people talk about the lower control ARM bushing but never the upper. People who fit the shit in give me a holla.
      Pm meX

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

I used the lube that came with the bushings and I used a vise to slowly press in each side of the bushing, then put the sleeve in last.

I had no problems using this method.
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I got a plastic hammer & banged it in. of course I lubed it up 1st

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

My next question to you guys is were you using Honda Factory arms or aftermarket like Moog or Autopart. I have moog arms and I got in touch with the energy suspension sales rep today and he says if they arent Honda they wont fit. I thougyt maybe that was just his excuse. Please let me know what arms you guys are using.
            Pm meX

MY WHIP
            H22A Swap
            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

on certain aftermarket anchor bolts the bushings won't fit
              i had this problem before i got my tas upper arms

not sure why they won't fit if it is still stock anchors
              Last edited by quaidum; 09-29-2010, 01:48 AM.
              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I had moog and they fit fine. The statement about them being oem to fit isn't true. I just installed these by hand and a cheap C clamp,you have to play with the bushings
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                  I had moog and they fit fine. The statement about them being oem to fit isn't true. I just installed these by hand and a cheap C clamp,you have to play with the bushings
                  that maybe true with moog but i compared the bushings from my no name brand(ebay) anchor bolts with the energy suspension and there is no way they would fit unless some of the energy's bushing was removed
                  ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

This energy suspension rep told me that aftermarket shit will vary in spec and will most likely make the bushing size to the cheapest price that the company that actually makes the bushing produces. meaning if a company makes a bushing a mm smaller that Honda specs, a company like moog will go with those for most of its applications.

I tried to fit mine on my 91 as well as a 96 ex. Same results. I had to use a grinding wheel to shave them down in every dimension. He says they make their bushings according to Honda spec with Factory arms. Fucked up part now is I already shaved my bushings down and he says they dont sell them seperately, only in a kit. got them to fit though so they should be ok I guess but I shouldnt have to cut something I paid 100 dollars for.

So besides TAS do you guys know of any other arms these energy bushings will fit.
                    Pm meX

MY WHIP
                    H22A Swap
                    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                      So besides TAS do you guys know of any other arms these energy bushings will fit.
                      the TAS arm already come with poly bushings so no point in taking them out to put energy's in
                      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I had cheapo aftermarket arms, and my ES bushings fit with out issue.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

TRW arms from advance auto
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

don't mean to threadjack but is this in reference to the hyperflex kit? i was wondering if both, lower and upper, sets of front control arm bushings were included. i checked their site and it only says "front control arm bushings." just wanted to make sure. thanks in advance.
                            mrt - '91 frost white ex coupe

Comment

i think you are doing something wrong if you cant get them to fit. ive fitted them on two applications.

the control arm itself has no bushings...
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X