Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cheep ebay cam gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheep ebay cam gears

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91...Q5fAccessories
    dose anyone have any experiance with these?

spin city

Never trust any no-name.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
      Never trust any no-name.
      agree. unless its strut bars lol

Comment

I wouldn't trust them, you know what'll happen if they slip...
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I would throughly inspect them before i used them, I am just asking if anyone has any FIRST HAND experiance with them.
          p.s. bent valves wouldn't be that big of deal for me. I could fix it quickly and pretty cheep. If I wanted to spend money, Id buy bisimoto gears, but I am willing to take a chance on bending some valves to save almoast $200 unless somebody has first hand negative experiance with this part.
          Last edited by dbsharp; 05-24-2009, 01:25 PM.
          spin city

Comment

fuck it, I think Ill just be a genie pig on this one. before I install them I am going to closely look at their design and construction. I will probably replace the fasteners so that I know they are good quality and let it ride, I might even roughen up the mating surface to try to increase the friction between the two halves to help keep them from slipping. worst case scenario: I bend some valves, install my original f22b head for now, and try to get my money back for the gears.
            spin city

Comment

ok i found some at about the same price that have a much better looking design. The materials they say its made out of is the right shit too. I think im going to get these.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-96...mZ260393621180
              spin city

Comment

LocTite is your friend. The only thing I'd be worried about is how accurate the marks are.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yea no doubt. locktite is the shit!
                  spin city

Comment

i got some skunk2s (6bolt design) i'll let go for $100 shipped...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

my aem three bolt design seem to be working fine with blue loctite.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

stay away!

one night i was racing my buddy, the cam gear adjustment bolts came loose, advanced timing and almost melted my block and turbo. id stay away. save up for quality parts.
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                        X