Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ectune!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ectune!

well I finally quit being so cheep and bought a tuning program. If anyone gets it, make sure to disable user account controls on vista. Otherwise you are going to have a field day with error messages. Ill post up about my experiance with it and let yall know what I think.
    spin city

This program appears to be the shit! I am going to start tune my car on it tomorrow. This program has so many features and settings; it is blowing me away! I can wait to learn what they all do!
    spin city

Comment

ok so Ive had a few problems thus far.

at first it worked then later I had a cel for o2 heater, for some reason even with the heater turned off. I started over fresh and got the same thing, then I started fresh once more and fixed it

Data logging worked fine untill 1 hour ago and now it senses the ecu and the connection test fine, but give me a usb error when i try to data log

The fuel cut isn't working, but that has to be setup, so that should get resolved with more tuning.

So far I have run into a few things that are either bugs or my error, I still don't know which.
      spin city

Comment

nothing but good things for ectune. let me know if you have problems, a friend of mines is an authorized tuner.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

my car is still having the same problems, ie; hard starts, occasional weird fueling problems, and occasional stalling.
          BUT ectune has data logging features that just straight up rock. of corse i only have freelog to compare it to. ectune loggs a lot of things and it does it fast. that should help me to see why these events are happing.
          spin city

Comment

Ditch vista.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

why?
              spin city

Comment

Because it's lame and probably causing some of your issues.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

ectune is a great tuning system and is very affordable
                  LIONS GARAGE

GARAGE*FRESH

Comment

yea so ectune isn't doing the fuel cut properly like crome did. some times it works some times it dosen't. I am about to add in a column and program the cut into the fuel chart. oh yea, tps read zero when crome wouldn't cut fuel either, which I find really weird.

I have a engine wiring harness coming in friday. I am going to modify/ inspect it and install it.

I am going to chip a new ecu too. the one i have now is the one that used to lean out when ever the headlights or fans etc.... came on. it hasn't done the leaning out thing since I replaced it with the other ecu that went fucking bazurk a few weeks ago.

If this dosen't fix the issue, then the wiring harness that connects to the ecu is next. If that dosen't work then I might just declare war on my car, and see what a few cans of hairspray and some gas soaked rags will do for it.
                    spin city

Comment

just got ectune man...pretty excited...
                      do i really need an ostrich for each tuned car? kinda weak.
                      and I can not copy my bin as a calibration file? (unless I get the tuner portion right?)
                      damn gotta start all over again with the tune!

any hints and tricks,already disabled users permissions so everything starts up ok.

looks to be a good program, pretty excited about 3-step and antilag!!!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Ectune is great. You do need an ostrich or demon for the license. The fuel cut issue was fixed. all you have to do is tune the fuel cut settings.
                        spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                          Ectune is great. You do need an ostrich or demon for the license. The fuel cut issue was fixed. all you have to do is tune the fuel cut settings.
                          ya sweetness! I do have an ostrich 2.0, but rumor has it that you need a different one for every car you tune, since technically we are not chipping anymore. it is more of a calibration.

so yah...I got more than one car...and I like to tune other peoples car.
                          but then I can give myself 3 step and antilag and they will want it, but have to get an ostrich or demon if they do! hehe ohhh well! just one of those things!
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

you cannot burn chips with the version of ectune you will be able to get. some versions had/have it, but thats probably just the tuner/dealer version.
                            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                              you cannot burn chips with the version of ectune you will be able to get. some versions had/have it, but thats probably just the tuner/dealer version.
                              aka wish i woulda done more research this makes ectune lame!

on another note, I will always be able to tune my car better than everyone else's hehe, also a worse note!
                              MadLab Racing
                              Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X