• Show
Clear All

1/8 mile f22b delta 272

went to piedmont's cruise in tonight. my best pass was:

60'.........2.156
    330'........6.293
    1/8 ........9.694
    mph........73.26

I need to fix my camber, get poly bushings for the front, and I want to keep my rear suspension from squatting as much. I think that I will be able to launch harder and get a better time.

But really, I want more motor to play with.
    spin city

NiceDecent et

Comment

High 14 sec car man. Good job. I saw the text you sent me.

Damn good times considering your stock suspension, decent tires and less than optimal tune. I wish I could get a 2.1 60'.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I dont have stock suspension. I have sportlines and gr-2 struts now. my camber is way off in the front. Next time I go to the track I bet I can get my 60' and et down some more. I have some more tricks up my sleeve.
        My tune isn't optimal obviously as this car has never seen a dyno and it runs pretty much a constant final timing for the rpm's it sees going down the track, but I did tune the final timing at the track to give me my best trap speed. Its high time I start messing with reading the plugs. maybe ill do that tomorrow.
        I think I could launch at a significantly higher rpm than I was especially after tweaking a few things.
        spin city

Comment

nice 60'. what kind of tires?
          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
            I dont have stock suspension. I have sportlines and gr-2 struts now. my camber is way off in the front. Next time I go to the track I bet I can get my 60' and et down some more. I have some more tricks up my sleeve.
            My tune isn't optimal obviously as this car has never seen a dyno and it runs pretty much a constant final timing for the rpm's it sees going down the track, but I did tune the final timing at the track to give me my best trap speed. Its high time I start messing with reading the plugs. maybe ill do that tomorrow.
            I think I could launch at a significantly higher rpm than I was especially after tweaking a few things.
            Consistent timing and crome are two words that don't make sense in the same sentence. lol

Comment

I was using some nitto 555r extreme drag radials.

Yea I know crome has some fucked up timing control. What i meant was that the data values were the same. 29.5* was where i got my best trap. but crome has that base timing table thing and dosen't have the code that other programs do. so, who knows where the timing is at, all I know it where the mph was at. lol.

dammit i need my tax money! I cant wait to upgrade from crome free and freelog to ectune.
              spin city

Comment

oh really? you should be able to hit 2.0 or 1.9 60'
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

damn impressive times... do you do a burnout to heat up the tires? if so do you have an LSD or an open diff? how does that work out if you've got an open diff?

you should take some videos

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    oh really? you should be able to hit 2.0 or 1.9 60'
                    yeah, go figure why he got that 2.1 60'. I thought he was still on some regular stock size tires. He can definitely improve the 60' with more practice.
                    Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                    damn impressive times... do you do a burnout to heat up the tires? if so do you have an LSD or an open diff? how does that work out if you've got an open diff?

you should take some videos
                    On an open diff, all you gotta do is go into reverse and back up a few feet and then burn out. Going in reverse locks the two wheels for just a bit.

But he doesn't need to do that, he has an OBX LSD unit.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post

On an open diff, all you gotta do is go into reverse and back up a few feet and then burn out. Going in reverse locks the two wheels for just a bit.

But he doesn't need to do that, he has an OBX LSD unit.
                      that is cool, i didnt know that... is it worth doing it for a 1/4 mile pass? i'm going to be making my first visit to a track, and if i can borrow my friends slicks i am going to need to heat them up somehow, its probably worthless on street tires i would assume

Comment

LSD is never worthless. I rode in his car when it was stock height and the LSD helped out a lot with his body roll on the corners.

And yes, more traction down the 1/4 mile the better. LSD will give you traction on both tires fo sho. Although, I don't know how much because I've never personally had an LSD equipped trans.

Comment

i was gonna say!
                          best i ever hit was a 2.3 60 before the traction bar (on street tires, 215/45/17)...but my clutch went out after i got it so i havent tested again.

good times bro, keep us updated on them!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Great job man

I just did a swap I'd like to get out and see what I can do with the new motor .
                            WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

damn nice

Comment

Working...
                              X