No announcement yet.

F22B To H22A Swap. Words and Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx, just put it my h22a tranny, or supposedly its an h22 tranny. The serial number or identification numbers were peeled off. This officially makes my swap complete. I installed it using Gripforce stage 1 clutch setup and 11-12 lb flywheel. I cant find my camera usb cord now but ill post pics when I find it. Oh yeh, I drove it and I feel a difference, nothing major though. I also get chattering on engagement. Hope it goes away as with the breaking in process. Chill
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

If you don't feel a major difference, then it's not an H22 trans. There really is a huge difference between the two trans. Especially 5th gears.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

80mph=4500
        80mph=3000
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
          80mph=4500
          80mph=3000
          lol
          na its not that bad, my M2A4 JDM 5spd trans is at 3800 at 80mph. 1st gear is insane though, feels WAY more powerful than my H22 Auto was.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Another problem

Well it does feel more powerful, I miss the torque from my heavy flywheel though. It just doesnt feel like a night and day difference like everyone says it would be. Anyway, not only was the identification # scratched off, after i've driven the car a bit today, it seems to pop out of 2nd gear sometimes, after I accelerate and let go of the gas. Im kinda pissed, searchin around and shit for fixes, I have some ideas but I might post my problem in the technical thread for some more insight.

I also want to add that the VSS that came with the tranny had the two outlets for powersteering to go to it, it was the taller VSS. Just wondering if that VSS usually comes on preludes.
            Pm meX

MY WHIP
            H22A Swap
            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Kind of off topic but where did you get your air filter tube from? I like how long it is.

BTW swap looks great. Good job bro.

^^^^^
              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                Kind of off topic but where did you get your air filter tube from? I like how long it is.

BTW swap looks great. Good job bro.
                Damn, could your question sound any more homosexual?? LoL, just kiddin, its from a JDM H22.
                Pm meX

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                  Well it does feel more powerful, I miss the torque from my heavy flywheel though. It just doesnt feel like a night and day difference like everyone says it would be. Anyway, not only was the identification # scratched off, after i've driven the car a bit today, it seems to pop out of 2nd gear sometimes, after I accelerate and let go of the gas. Im kinda pissed, searchin around and shit for fixes, I have some ideas but I might post my problem in the technical thread for some more insight.

I also want to add that the VSS that came with the tranny had the two outlets for powersteering to go to it, it was the taller VSS. Just wondering if that VSS usually comes on preludes.
                  Record what MPH you are in every gear @ 3k rpm, and tell me your tire size. I'll tell you what trans you have.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    Record what MPH you are in every gear @ 3k rpm, and tell me your tire size. I'll tell you what trans you have.
                    I wish I could but the speedo on my cluster isnt working. The speed sensor is working because I see the odometer counting down as I drive. I would have posted this for you guys yesterday to match it up for me. Thanx though. By the way in the auction, they say it was M2a4. They also have a feedback rating of 99% but you never know who out to fuck u now a days.
                    Pm meX

MY WHIP
                    H22A Swap
                    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Well, since there was no sticker, they were probably "told" it was an m2a4. You know how that sort of shit goes.

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                        Damn, could your question sound any more homosexual?? LoL, just kiddin, its from a JDM H22.
                        Lol I just re read my post. I guess I did ask that in a *** way.

And thanks.

^^^^^
                        Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

H22 now complete with H22 tranny. Well maybe

Like I might have mentioned the iden. # for this tranny was peeled off so who knows. All in all it feels better that the last tranny. Its supposedly a JDM M2a4 tranny. I put in the tranny along with a Gripforce stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel from F1. Here it is.

Pm meX

MY WHIP
                          H22A Swap
                          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Do you have your A/C hooked up as well? If you do, did you use the F22 or H22 compressor and bracket?
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

He most likely left the F22 Bracket and Compressor I think it says in his thread lol.
                              Thats what I did F22 bracket and Compressor, everything else is H22

Oh yea and those Light flywheels are awesome!

With that transmission you might find your self going from 1 to 3 to 5 lol
                              Your man for wiring solutions!
                              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

I had AC on mine and I used the stock F22 bracket worked just fine.

The New-ish Ride
                                My old Ride
                                Hear my Vtak!!!
                                MK3 Member #3
                                I piss off people for fun.
                                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                                X