Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

obx lsd final drive ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obx lsd final drive ratio?

what is the final drive ratio of an obx lsd for the h/f series trannys?
    I busted and axle and now the inner cv joint is stuck in the transmission and will not come out, I think the differential might be damaged. Im going to have the transmission pulled today and I will be rebuilding it and puting in a obx lsd soon. I just wanna know the final drive of this unit, because I cant find that anywhere.
    spin city

The LSDs don't have anything to do with the final drive ratio. You take the ring gear off of your old differential and put it on the LSD. So the FD will be the same as the diff you took out. You can put an H22 final drive in an F22 tranny though!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

dam. Anyone got a h22 final drive they wanna sell?
      spin city

Comment

I believe that you would need the ring gear AND the pinion gear to make it work. But it's definitely a nice setup. I have a Gearspeed built F22 tranny with the H22 final drive and I'm extremely happy with it! Oh, and if you can't tell by the screen name, I have an H22A1 in my Accord

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

well, Maybe I should just look for a h22 transmission that has lsd so I get better gear ratios at the same time. Anyone got a M2B4 for sale, or know of one? I need to order parts, or a transmission soon because I need my car back asap.
          spin city

Comment

^M2B4's are nice but the fussy 5th gear syncro is a common problem. If you want an H trans. that you will leave stock, M2B4 is a great all around trans. It's just M2B4's cannot be modded like the non-LSD units. Or you could find a cheap M2F4 (H22a1) or M2S4 (H23a1) rebuild it, add an LSD, and depending what you want, swap to a shorter f/d or leave the 4.266 in there.

Comment

yea use the ring gear from your current tranny or similar. I dont think swapping the ring gear only will work...I had tranny issues last time due to this. I had a LSD in a 5th gen F series tranny, forgot to swap the ring gears when putting the LSD into a H23 and h22. Both transmissions had issues with destroying my 5th gr and reverse....

Since i swapped the gears, I've been fine.

And remember the ring gear bolts are reverse threaded

Formerly 91AccordExR33
              11.68 @ 127mph
              417whp/375wtq
              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

At this point it either get a lsd factory h22 tranny or rebuild the f22b tranny with a obx lsd.
                spin city

Comment

Honestly, you're probably better off rebuilding your current tranny and adding the LSD to it. That way you know you have a good tranny...

Comment

got my transmission apart and man is that axel stuck good in the diff. The differential has a good amount of wear on it, but the rest of the transmission doesn't look too bad. I think Im going to go with a obx lsd instead of getting a h22 tranny. I am either going to have to cut/ grind the inner cv jont housing down to just the splined shaft, or Im going to have to destroy the diffrential to be able to use this tranny housing.
                    Last edited by dbsharp; 11-20-2008, 05:40 PM.
                    spin city

Comment

if you get the OBX lsd dont forget to dissassemble it and put the shims in the correct order. also definitely give us a review of it after you get it in because ive been thinking about getting an OBX as well for a while. a guy here in louisville ran around with one in his 400hp built/boosted b16 for a year with no complaints, he just upgraded to a quaife for the hell of it.

My Members Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                        yea use the ring gear from your current tranny or similar. I dont think swapping the ring gear only will work...I had tranny issues last time due to this. I had a LSD in a 5th gen F series tranny, forgot to swap the ring gears when putting the LSD into a H23 and h22. Both transmissions had issues with destroying my 5th gr and reverse....

Since i swapped the gears, I've been fine.

And remember the ring gear bolts are reverse threaded
                        Ring gear and pinion have to be swapped AND kept as a set, anytime you interchange parts. I work with axles, I know. Gear sets are made as matched sets and wear into one another. You do not mismatch.

For that matter, mixing ring gears or pinions from different final drive ratios with another, not good as they are mismatched. Also, you are changing the final drive ratio to neither 4.266 or 4.062, but something different. All depends on ring gear teeth divided by pinion for the actual ratio.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Got all the parts I need ordered. Im replacing the worn bearings and all the oil seals, everything else is still in pretty good condition.
                          spin city

Comment

Working...
                          X