94lx vs 80's camaro v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94lx vs 80's camaro v8

A few days ago I raced my friend's 86 (I think) 305 camaro. Most of these cars are slow and worn out, but his is very clean and surprisingly fast (kinda). He has run it once at the drag strip and he ran a 9.7 at 74 mph. We raced from a dig on Burlington rd late at night. He blew his horn 3 time and we were off. He lost traction all the way through 1st, and I launched pretty week but kept traction. At the end of first, we were about dead even, so I switched to second. At the end of second gear he had a foot or two on me, we went to about 85 and I shut down because we ran out of two lanes to race in. He had me by about 3-4 feet. later he told me that he pushed his car harder than he had ever pushed it before when racing me. I'm sure that he could pull off a 9.6 or maybe a 9.5 in the 1/8th with more passes on this car. I have run a 10.0 at 93mph and that was my best pass. I have stock suspension with 210,000 miles on it and an open differential, so traction isn't my best friend. I think I did pretty good. not a kill but I thought Id share. The only other time I raced my friend I ran a 10.1 and he ran a 6.3 in the 1/8th (his car fucked up, should have been a 5.7). lol, this time was much closer.
    spin city

Not bad...........Next time take a vids of it......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
    X