Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSHARP'S F22B DOHC All-Motor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see what it makes on the dyno, but that probibly wont happen for a while. The car idles great now with the p30 code. Im only having two problems now, occasional hard start and while warming up, sometimes the idle drops and the motor cuts off. I havent tuned the p30 code yet except for copying my ignition tables over to it. fuel map is not tuned well at all yet. Im going to get that straigtend out tomarrow. Ill send you a copy of my map. I might also turn a fitting tomarrow so that I can hook up my fuel pressure gauge to my fuel rail and monitor my fuel pressure.
    oh btw, this motor sounds fucking nasty with just the primarys hooked up to the motor. hehe, I just couldent resist turning it on and letting it idle for a few seconds when I was changing my exhaust gasket today.
    Last edited by dbsharp; 09-18-2008, 11:26 PM.
    spin city

Comment

my tps is messing up a bit, it now reads .54 volts instead of .49 at 0% throttle. I think this might have something to do with the car acting a little wierd recently. also tps readings during logging change at idle from 1-3, so I think a new sensor is in order.
      spin city

Comment

I'd like to take a look at your map, please.

d112crzy@gmail.com

I'll send a map I tuned the other day of a stock f22b.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

What version of Crome are you using?

All your idle/start up issues are due to you not using fuel tools.

It also looks like you have too much timing in the medium load, mid rpm sections. I sent you a revision of your map.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
            I'd like to hear results on how this motor runs with a good tune/d112crzy's tune or a dyno tune. Keep it up!
            Same here, I have the same motor and would like to see different potentials of it. That d112crzy dude has a few successful tunes with this motor so he should be able to help you get up and running that beast, well, we'll see. Hope everything works itself out
            FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
            Pm meX
            I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
            H22A Swap
            I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

the base map I started with had even more timing than that in the mid rpm range, I had to pull some timing because of knock. What will using fuel tools change? It looks to me like the fuel map is pretty much the same so Id imagine that it would be pretty close already. I can tell by the rpm scalers and by the timing that this map is made to idle at 750. The vibrations in my car due to motor mounts are much less annoying to me at 1000, so that is where I idle it, not to mention that the idle is smoother and pulls better vacuum there. Should I modify the timing to be consistant through my idle range (~1000), or is the timing map you gave me fine?
              spin city

Comment

The map I gave you is fine. But If you want to have it idle higher, go ahead and modify as you need it.

I copied your fuel values to that map so there wouldn't be much to retune.

Fuel tools is THE most important tool to use when starting to tune a car. It sets your injector battery offsets and pretty much controls how your injectors act in all the options it gives. That, along with the actual injector battery offset table.

Comment

ok, that makes sense. I think I am gonna go read up some more on fuel tools. Do you know what size injectors come in the f22b?
                  spin city

Comment

240cc.

Comment

Tonight it was colder than any other time Ive run your timing map, Im getting detonation around 4500-5500 in the cold temp but not in the warm temp. I had to pull timing here for det. in my previous tune on timing. I really want to get ectune and dyno tune my ignition at least for wot.
                      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                        Tonight it was colder than any other time Ive run your timing map, Im getting detonation around 4500-5500 in the cold temp but not in the warm temp. I had to pull timing here for det. in my previous tune on timing. I really want to get ectune and dyno tune my ignition at least for wot.
                        Have you looked at your IAT & ECT timing correction settings?
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Its a bit strange, I can hear it in 1st but 2nd and 3rd it does. It is doing it all the time right now, I just noticed it last night for the first time, I also just put 87 octane in her, I have been runing 93. I put my timing map for 4000+ that I made using my det can on the map I sent d112crzy for .3, -.9, and -2 colums. My map has a little less timing there than d112crzy's. Im going to put 93 back into it next time I put gas in it and with the new timing and incresed octane, I belive the det will be gone.
                          spin city

Comment

I guess I should have mentioned that the map was tuned on 93 with some E10 in it. The E10 allows for more timing since ethanol increases knock limit.

Comment

Man I wish we could see a dyno for these. I am thinking about picking up Bisi's stg. 2s next year.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

lol its cool. New tps installed and clibrated. Tps is now perfect it read a bit wrong/inconsistantly before. Car is still not starting properly/ choking out. afr's are solid when it is choking out. I belive that the IACV May be faulty, I whish there was a better way to check them. I might investigate the iacv signal that the ecu is putting out, I didn't have this problem untill I switched to p30 code, and when using p72 code + closed loop I got the most stable idle Ive had yet. I will try an old map plus closed loop just to check and see what happens.

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                                Man I wish we could see a dyno for these. I am thinking about picking up Bisi's stg. 2s next year.
                                Id like to see a dyno of the bisi cams. My fuel curve is peaky as with these cams, and so is the power (butt dyno).
                                Last edited by dbsharp; 10-03-2008, 04:28 PM.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X