Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSHARP'S F22B DOHC All-Motor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I will send an email to xenocron, and see if an ecu would cause problems similar to what i'm experiencing.
    spin city

Comment

Your ecu might have been one that WAS bad, but he fixed, or at least thought he had fixed so he sent it out.

If it indeed is bad, he'll exchange it. I'm sure.

Have you tried turning the ELD off?
      Last edited by d112crzy; 07-01-2008, 10:40 PM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

oh yea, It dosent seem to do anything. actually, there isn't any related table or feature in crome I haven't played with.
        spin city

Comment

I received a email back from xenocron. Chris thinks it is not ecu related, so I don't think I will waste much time exploring that possibility.
          spin city

Comment

I finally got my idle where I want it at 1k, it has been at 750 rpm for so long and its been bugging me. Moving idle resume was set to 750 in the advanced idle control, I never knew about the advanced idle control. Now I don't get a massage at the stoplight . I added a grounding strap into the ground for my ecu and lc-1. I'm going to add ground straps to the block to chassis and block to battery. I think that I am going to restore the ecu's ground point back to the factory location in the harness just to see if it makes a difference. After that I'm about out of ideas. I can't stand to have my car lean out so much when there is an electrical load, and I'm tired of just dealing with the problem using closed loop o2.
            Since last time I tuned my car, the tune has changed dramatically. I used to have 14 afr's light throttle, now I have 12's. I think this is from changing the fuel pump.
            Last edited by dbsharp; 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM.
            spin city

Comment

I added in 3 extra ground straps on the engine and soldered the ecu grounds back to the factory ground wires in the wiring harness, and I've still got nothing. It still leans way out when the radiator fans or headlights come on.
              spin city

Comment

Wohooo!
                The ecu is the culprit!!!! After months of work and trouble shooting I finialy figured out why it leans out! I went to turbo tune and tried out a couple of ecu's mark had sitting around, and it dosen't lean out with them. Now lets see if Chris Harris stands behind his product.
                spin city

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

I got a new po6 and that fixed my afr's leaning out with electrical loads. I still have a fueling/ electrical issue. Heres what happens, my afrs's just go plain nutty and bounce around from 12-20 sometimes, and sometimes for some reason my ecu does not do a fuel cut when I come off the trottle in gear, random stalling also (I think this is part of the fueling problem). Most of the time these two events happen around the same time. I'm going to replace the pressure regulator just because that is then only component in the fueling system I am not sure about. I have even tesed the fuel injection harness for resistance and continunity to gound/ other injection wires, and it is fine. TPS is solid as a rock everytime I data log, and strangly this has never happened while logging. I just started making a new bin with a fresh p72 code, All I can think Is maybe that is corrupt. I am so frusterated with my car, Im thinking about getting a crx or a hatch and swapping the motor into it. If I get this figured out, I will probibly get a 16g dsm setup instead of continuing na.
                    spin city

Comment

Use p30 code.

Comment

p30 seems to work better. I also replaced my fuel pressure regulator and I think it was at least part of the problem. I still have some occasional hard starts.
                        spin city

Comment

You got some weird shit going on man.

Send me your map. i will make you a basemap that will idle your car just fine and copy your values onto it.

Comment

^ you moved?

Comment

I move everyday.

Comment

I'd like to hear results on how this motor runs with a good tune/d112crzy's tune or a dyno tune. Keep it up!
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X