Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSHARP'S F22B DOHC All-Motor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBSHARP'S F22B DOHC All-Motor Thread

This is going to be my thread about my 94 accord lx f22b build. I am going to be updating this thread with my progress, and once completed I will compile all of my information and pics of my car in the first page. I like the way cisco has his threads set up so I think Ill do something similar. Anyway tonight I got, my crower dual valve springs, and my federal tax return, and I ordered a ostrich 2.0 real time programmer so that I can more efficiently tune my car (I'm lazy). As soon as I go get my backup vehicle, I'm going to pull my head off once again and put in my delta 272 cam and these new valve springs. Then get the street tune real good , and then get some assisted dyno time down the street at turbo tune. I'm excited about using the dyno to tune my ignition maps, because now I can measure the result of my changes. This build Is going to consist of a f22b (dohc) block, A h23 head (for now) with crower springs and a delta 272 cam. I have a bisimoto f22a intake manifold heat shield gasket, and a short ram intake. For the exhaust I have a obx header (crap), catco 2.5" high flow cat, 18" resonator and a obx twin loop muffler, with 2.5" piping. Tuning is going to be done via crome with a lc1, ostrich rtp, and burn1. The head has a 3 angle valve job, and new valve seals. The cam has a .455" lift with a little more than 225 degrees duration. Delta Cams claims a .410 lift" with 222 duration, but they have the rocker arm ratio wrong. I wouldn't recommend running this cam without a good set of springs.
    This Is why I decided to wait untill I got some good valve springs to run this cam. Can you say coil bind?

My new springs!

The car

old engine bay shot.

here is a clip of my stock f22b with bolt on's tuned on crome. It starts off going down hill for the about first hundred rpm's im on it (no that isn't crazy torque), and then up a slight hill, and yes the needle is sticking after the shift.

My best time so far is a 10.0 at 72.3 mph in the 1/8th . That is gonna change. I'm thinking about getting a bisimoto header when he makes the production f22a accord header.
    Last edited by dbsharp; 05-16-2008, 11:23 PM.
    spin city

the build

Just another way to check tdc......

no where near coil bind.

My car needs a bath!

this is a messed up shot that kinda looks cool.
    Last edited by dbsharp; 05-19-2008, 12:28 AM.
    spin city

Comment

MAN that water drain bolt on the block is on super tight, I hope I don't break some more tools trying to get it off, my 24 inch breaker bar wont get it loose. Today I received a replacement o meter (my blue one had a bad spot on the screen). the new one is red and is supposed to be a lot brighter, I couldn't see the blue during the day, Ill report back on the red one when I use it. My ostrich 2.0 gets here tomorrow. And I have ordered some new headlights. They are depos and I'm excited to get rid of these pos halo lights.
      my new lights
      Last edited by dbsharp; 05-05-2008, 11:04 PM.
      spin city

Comment

Ok so I got the head off today and got it to the machine shop. Im getting a complete valve job this time, because I don't see any reason not to since I have the head off, and he is gonna throw on the valve springs. Id do it but I cant find the little extension tool anywhere the he has, and he is only gonna charge me 5$ to install the new springs. I get it back tomorrow, and Ill be putting the cams in and getting everything put back together. I received my ostrich today, and I probably start tuning this car on Thursday.
        spin city

Comment

w00tness. Looking good!
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

thanks. I'm gonna snap some photos tomorrow when I put it back together.
            spin city

Comment

Sounds good man, I am going to have to pay attention to this thread.
              3 CB's gone....
              1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

thanks. The machinist is being a little slow so I may not have it together today. we will have to see!
                spin city

Comment

I don't know what the hell I was thinking but I forgot all about getting some seats and retainers to fit these dual valve spring!!!!! oh well, anyway got titanium retainers for 180 and seats for 60 from crower coming in Friday or Saturday.
                  spin city

Comment

dam ups!!!! It's not getting here till monday.
                    spin city

Comment

ok, so I ordered some oem valve seals today from honda and they can't get here until tuesday, so the project is getting pushed back yet another day. I polished up my water outlet housing piece on the front of the block a bit, and painted my header and heat cured it. The engine bay might look nice when I get finished.
                      spin city

Comment

Ups brought me some new stuff today. here's some pics

spin city

Comment

Crower retainers....Yummy.

Comment

And seats! The retainers do taste better though, titanium ftw!!!
                            spin city

Comment

ROFL>>>>
                              I hope all is going well with this build...

Comment

Working...
                              X