Straight Success : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
    I installed a new oil pan gasket today, but I don't have any pictures to share. The shop where I did the amazing work permits me to take and share pictures, so use your imagination. It was a clean job.
    That is amazing she is still running. I still can not believe we did your 5-lug swap all those years ago. Thanks again for the money order for the visors. i really appreciate it. I still have the same cell phone number and would like to keep in contact. I would like to take a vacation on spring break this year and I am tossing around ideas to the girlfriend.

I saw you mentioned that you are in California now? That would be ideal to vacation

Comment

Just a strole down memory lane.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I remember the first time I opened her up on the open road and stretched her legs while winding out the long Accord gearing mated to the H. She hit VTEC, and the result was a strong pull with a great sound.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
          I remember the first time I opened her up on the open road and stretched her legs while winding out the long Accord gearing mated to the H. She hit VTEC, and the result was a strong pull with a great sound.
          what happened to your coupe??

Comment

The edge of the timing belt shredded off in the middle of Arizona while driving from Los Angeles back to the East Coast. I was in the middle of the desert damn near, and I wasn't sure if any valves got damaged while inspecting the car on the side of the road. So, I traded it Keshia in at a dealership the next day and bought something on the spot.

I believe the edge of my crank pulley (it was an aftermarket aluminum racing pulley which was on the motor when I purchased it) had quite a few nicks on it, and that may have led to the shredding as the belt only had like three thousand miles or so on it. Actually, I'm not sure how many were on it, but it was fairly new. Another life lesson.

EDIT: Thinking back, it probably wasn't the crank pulley, but something else made the TB partially disintegrate. Maybe God was protecting me. I was driving back to the worst storm in East Coast history damn near.
            Last edited by Straight Success; 07-07-2020, 05:40 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Would you ever get another, or have you moved on?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Considering all the projects I have going on at the moment, not in 2020.

I wouldn't rule it out with extra cash in my pocket/account(s) and me coming across a clean donor/car. It would have to be a decent body EX/SE coupe or wagon in manual. Any color except red/burgundy (with enough cash, it'll get a full paint job, though, so...). I would finally build an H22A with ~150 shot on it, aim for 300 HP, perform a clean swap, and take it out every once in a while. 5-lug conversion, suspension, and... you know the rest.

Things would have to align right for it to happen, and the budget for my S10 currently is . Between rear upgrades, wheels, brakes, suspenion, 6.0L swap, tansmission rebuild, and an few other things I have planned, we're easily going to pass $15k. Where o' where am I going to get the money?

In short, I probably would if I came across an extra $10k or so. We'll see what the future holds.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

That's a bummer about the coupe but everything happens for a reason. I just wonder where it ended up..hopefully someone was smart enough to save it instead of junking it, it was a clean build for sure.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Thanks. I was and still am #proud of that build.

I think one of the younger guys at the dealership bought it. At least that's what I was hearing when I was about to leave the dealership with my old new car. The guy may have been a parts person or something, and if memory serves me correctly, he was speaking with the manager about the purchase of it after I handed over the title.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

...Memories...

Last edited by Straight Success; 08-22-2020, 11:52 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

It was a very well-rounded build, that's for sure. You hit all the major bases.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks a lot. Looking back at it, I too think this was a pretty solid build. I miss it during times like this.
                          Last edited by Straight Success; 08-24-2020, 08:49 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I would love to track down this car to see what became of it.
                            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                              I would love to track down this car to see what became of it.
                              Same here. The picture of her with the END sign gets me all - .

- D. Chappelle

Comment

A new project is coming soon. Stay tuned.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X