Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

studdering hesitation and eratic idle no cel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

studdering hesitation and eratic idle no cel!

I had these same symptoms before I swaped my motor and then I swaped my motor, and they dissapered. now after a few months they are back. this only happens a few times each day and I drive about 80 miles a day in the city. ocasionaly I will feel the motor lag when I press down the gas. sometimes my idel will be perfectly normal and then all of a sudden it will jump up and down. going over bumps in parking lots or on roads, my idel will sometimes fall when I hit the bump and then jump around for a second and go back to normal. I have the fuel pump from the prelude my motor came from, but I dont know if it will swap into my 94 lx. if It will, Im going to try that first. I have done all the mantinance that normaly is done when swaping. I dont know where to start looking for problembs because I have no cel.
    spin city

Originally posted by dbsharp
    I had these same symptoms before I swaped my motor and then I swaped my motor, and they dissapered. now after a few months they are back. this only happens a few times each day and I drive about 80 miles a day in the city. ocasionaly I will feel the motor lag when I press down the gas. sometimes my idel will be perfectly normal and then all of a sudden it will jump up and down. going over bumps in parking lots or on roads, my idel will sometimes fall when I hit the bump and then jump around for a second and go back to normal. I have the fuel pump from the prelude my motor came from, but I dont know if it will swap into my 94 lx. if It will, Im going to try that first. I have done all the mantinance that normaly is done when swaping. I dont know where to start looking for problembs because I have no cel.
    Check those things that affect the idle (IACV, EGR, etc) and check all electrical connections and switches. A worn ignition switch will cut out the motor and leave no CEL. I suppose a slightly worn ignition switch might seem like a shudder, and would be affected by hitting bumps.

Comment

its not just idle, and the bumps dont seem to cause the problem, they just agitate it. today it cut off twice while I was in nutral slowing down for a stop sign and entering a parking lot. I was accelerating in 2nd today and it felt like it lost about 1/2 power for a few seconds, I hit no bumps or did anything else that might cause a problem. I will check the ignition switch tomarrow. my car has 180k on it, so I dont doubt that it could be electrical. the motor has around 70k on it and everything on it was pretty much new looking including the t-belt.
      my car gets exposed to some pretty intense vibrations, because my clutch is horrible, and it experiances some intense wheel hop occasionaly.
      Last edited by dbsharp; 03-30-2007, 08:55 PM.
      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
        its not just idle, and the bumps dont seem to cause the problem, they just agitate it. today it cut off twice while I was in nutral slowing down for a stop sign and entering a parking lot. I was accelerating in 2nd today and it felt like it lost about 1/2 power for a few seconds, I hit no bumps or did anything else that might cause a problem. I will check the ignition switch tomarrow. my car has 180k on it, so I dont doubt that it could be electrical. the motor has around 70k on it and everything on it was pretty much new looking including the t-belt.
        my car gets exposed to some pretty intense vibrations, because my clutch is horrible, and it experiances some intense wheel hop occasionaly.
        The cut off makes it sound like it is the ignition switch. When the ignition switch is the culprit, at the time the engine dies, the electrical cuts out on the gauges, lights, and dashboard lights. So the next time the engine dies, check those before touching the switch or key.

Comment

Originally posted by MangoMechaniX
          The cut off makes it sound like it is the ignition switch. When the ignition switch is the culprit, at the time the engine dies, the electrical cuts out on the gauges, lights, and dashboard lights. So the next time the engine dies, check those before touching the switch or key.
          I have noticed the lights dim when the idle drops and acts funny, but I dont think they cut off, or if they did it was very breif. im going to test it today.
          spin city

Comment

With the lights just dimming, it COULD be your alternator. I know Cisco (HondaFan81) was having some interesting idle issues with his project accord, and after he replaced the alternator, the idle was perfect. You could always take it to autozone or something and have them test it.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

The car has ideling problem but it also has the problem at part throttle and wot. My radiator hose busted a leak and I replaced it and filled it back up with fluid and havent had any issues since. I have yet to test anything. maby tomarrow Ill do some test, if something dosent come up.
              spin city

Comment

check your wiring on how you wired up the f22b or whatever motor you have. usually the Egr is the cuplrit. My stock ecu is showing the EGR cel and it shuts off when im cruising in nuetral. either clean out the EGR or get it replaced used your f22a egr if problem occurs. or get a chipped p06 or p28.
                either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Im not having the problem now. it disapered 2 days ago. all I did was replace a leaking radiator hose, and push the engine harness connectors together. I cant say that fixed it because I had not had the problem the day that I did this stuff. I hooked up the two wires that were the same color and connected the leftover mismatching wires. I have had no problem out of it for awhile, so I think that it is hooked up right. when It starts acing up again, im going to try to find the problem and I will update this thread.
                  spin city

Comment

I'm having a similar issues, but only after car is warmed up go to point a to point b, then shut car off and turn back on and the give it gas it seems between 1000 to 2000 rpm becomes hesitant and sound like Its shuddering or misfiring. No CEL showing up.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

i had same problem. it was bad 02 sensor. no CEL either...go figure. its worth a try

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                      X