Finally got my 5 lug susp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my 5 lug susp

Found a set of 5 lug prelude suspension for cheap, got em even cheaper because I would take em off myself. I had to work for every piece of worth for those shit, every bottom ball joint front and back were seized up in a small tiny garage where the wall was about a cocks length away from the car. While under there I also realized how much more improved the prelude suspension is than our cb7s.
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

I say from experience... if going 5 lug only do odyssey or accord v6 front.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      Dammit man, I got the idea from your car too back from cp mikes diy. Why you say that, what are the issues????
      Pm meX

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

lol yeah man, I practically got the wrecked lude for free after I sold parts, so the 5 lug parts were just available to me.

my issues are..

I dont like how the prelude has a bigger lowerball joint. That said makes it more work to widen the lower control arm.

That was a pain to do.

The other issue is using a 95 accord axle on the driver side. I put it since the cb axle is to short.

The other issue is how the positive camber it gives since the wheel/knuckle sits flush without having any spacers... This was with stock rims so imagine a wider designer rim....

Just my 2cents man.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
          Is this easier than doing the lude front end swap? I been looking into this for a while (mainly for ROH reasons).
          The CB7 Collector.
          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

The differences are very well documented. The '00-'02 Accord V6 and Honda Odyssey are the better choices.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1139

This is off the sister site.
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I recently realized and remembered that I have cd5 V6 knuckles up front on my CB. I checked and it is the same part # as the Odyssey, cant remember which member on here I got that idea from. Anyway, I will try and document the work I do as a str8 confirmation on if this setup works directly because there so much different and unsure info everywhere..
                Pm meX

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

i have the oddysee fronts. I recommend it. I've had it for a few months now. no problems so far. installing it was a pain only because i had to get new ball joints, caliper issue, and little misc. things. thats only me though. If i didnt have those issues, it wouldve been easy!

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                  My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                  Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Working...
                  X