Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch master cylinder line leak

1991 EX Accord

OK, mind is boggling me on this one and im just getting frustrated. Ill start from the beginning just so you guys know what I did.

OK, so I had the type of clutch pedal that would sometime stick to the floor during power shifting to second gear with no loss of fluid, few months later, fluid would actual leak out into pedal area, meaning master cylinder is no good. I bought a brand new one from from ebay, an exedy built unit along with the slave. Changed it out and then clutch fluid starting spitting out of one of the lines around the tranny area leading to the slave. Changed that out with a used unit, no more leak from there. Now there is a leak coming from the clutch line fitting going into the clutch master cylinder.

What in the hell would cause this?? Its exedy built so it should be be on point as far as spec, it was not leaking there with the oem master cylinder in by the way. Do you think I should get another line or should I get a OEM Honda master cylinder?? Also do you think locktite might work on it???
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Don't ever put locktite on a line fitting.

Did you cross thread it? Strip out the threads? Bad unit?
    wat?

Comment

I doubt that, I started the thread with my hand and it didnt give much resistance when I threw the line wrench on it. This really just makes me wanna get a used Honda OEM unit. This kinda shit never happens with OEM shit. My uncle was telling maybe the coupling inside the master cylinder is different but that wouldnt make sense for something built after an OEM spec unit.
      Pm meX

MY WHIP
      H22A Swap
      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

its probably exedy "style" get an OEM one and all your problems will go away. Or even an Autozone one for that matter. I didn't have issues with the AZ one I installed on my 91 LX coupe...a master cyl was 50 bucks with a lifetime warranty so a CMC shouldn't cost more than that.

I hate Ebay parts with a passion b/c you pretty much have to believe what they say on their auction description. And if you do want to return it, good luck...its not worth the time or hassle.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I guess your right, i hate them too but sometimes i take there word for it if they have a good feedback, but nowhere on the box did it even mention exedy. Looks like maybe i got fucked, and i gotta get fucked again from the dealership, wish i knew how to rebuild my old one.
          Pm meX

MY WHIP
          H22A Swap
          I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Double check the fitting tightness, if you can turn it more than a 1/4" with the wrench its not snug
            Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Working...
            X