Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord no start

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem im havin?

My car occasionally wont start on warm days. It will crank and crank just wont kick over. the main thing normally if i wait 1/2 an hour to an hour it will start. My battery, alternator, grounds, and as much wiring as i can think of are good. This is driving me nuts so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

A very common thing to fail in the heat is the main relay.

Listen to see if you can hear the fuel pump prime when you try to start the car. If you can't hear it, then the main relay is likely the culprit. Another way to check is to pull a spark plug, crank the car, and smell for fuel. No fuel smell, the main relay is likely not working.

If you have fuel, then check for spark. No spark is commonly a result of a bad igniton coil or ignitor. Neither are very cheap new, but they are common things to fail after 20 years.

Heat kills electrical components... so anything that was close to failing will often fail once it gets hot out.

Comment

do you have a picture of the main relay by any chance so i know what part it is that im looking for?

Comment

I could find one on Google... though you're just as capable of doing that yourself.

It's under the dash, to the right of the steering column. If you have cruise control in your car, you'll need to move the cruise control computer to access the main relay.

Comment

is there a way to tell if the relay needs to be replaced?

also do you mean the efi main relay or the starter relay
          Last edited by speedyfreak86; 05-30-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X