Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

oem hybrid shortblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, im going to have to put this on hold for a few months. My car is acting up worse than ever and I have no clue what my financial situation is going to look like even 3 months from now. Today my motor started bucking around and my afr's were jumping around from 9:1 up to 17:1. This has to be resolved before i put any other motor in my car. As soon as this semester is over I'm going to put a new wiring harness and computer in my car, if this dosen't fix my issue, I'm just going to start replacing everything that could cause this.
    spin city

Comment

I would start with a new fuel pump first. Or at least check all your wiring.

Also, have your laptop in your car at all times and ready to go for whenever it happens that way you can log and check if anything interesting is going on.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
        Look up squish area.
        But you'll essentially have a non vtec H22, lol. That's what bjaccord has. Saw it at the great meet you just missed out on
        Except that Brady does not have H22 pistons. I think he is using H23 pistons, or a dish-type aftermarket set.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          I would start with a new fuel pump first. Or at least check all your wiring.

Also, have your laptop in your car at all times and ready to go for whenever it happens that way you can log and check if anything interesting is going on.
          Fuel pump is 15k mile walbro 255
          fuel pressure is rock solid (I got that pressure gage on the rail)
          fuel pump circuits have been checked
          injector resistance has been checked
          injectors have been swapped out.
          injector resisters has been checked.
          every bit of the fuel injector harness has been checked.
          new dist kings distributor
          I checked as much of the ignition system as I can.

The wiring is a bit of a mess and I have extra plugs etc... so Im going to clean it up and make 100% sure it is good. the map sensor reads -1.2 in hg. when it at atmospheric pressure (but it reads consistently) so i am going to replace this when I redo the new wiring harness. I have tested most everything that could cause my hard starts/ poor running/ inconsistent fueling. tps is new, the throttle plate does stick a bit (this is what causes that fuel cut issue I have). It reads 1-2% when it sticks.
          spin city

Comment

I've heard of plelnty of walbro's going bad, even right after installment. I've personally only experienced 1. But I guess if your pressure is steady then is should be good.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

well I got a set of Yamaha 750 individual throttle bodies for free last night, thanks to my neighbor who builds race motors for bikes. 4X 38mm and they supposedly flow 1250 cfm.
              spin city

Comment

that should be adequete...i have the GSXR 1000's which i heard is awesome for torque due to the amount of taper.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

they are actually 42mm to 38mm tapered. I dont know if i would use them, this is a dd. i hear
                  spin city

Comment

The 2000-2003 GSXR 750 throttle bodies measure 50 mm (may be 49.5 mm) at the inlet and 42 mm at the outlet. These are the same dimensions as the GSXR 1000 throttle bodies.
                    hmm, size may be too small? remember we have a larger bore than those B series motors.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I don't think i wanna use them. i think it will be to much of a pain in the ass for what it will be worth. Right now my car is running like complete shit. its sputtering and misfiring and afrs are just going wild. I am starting to think that my problem is the ecu. if it is then this will be the second bad ecu i have gotten in a row! the last one would lean out when i was using something that pulled electricity. I am going to buy another ecu from the junkyard and chip it.
                      spin city

Comment

Working...
                      X