Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly teggy owner ... Accords are for big boys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to H22 my old teg too... Then I wrapped it around a pole. That was 14 years ago, and actually where I learned my lesson about street racing.

I do love Integras. I got nothing against them.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
      it really is . a 2.2ohv cavalier is no threat at all. maybe a dohc 2.0-2.4 ecotec but even thats a stretch as far as bolt on and stock goes.

a neon (2.4 DOHC 5speed) is more of a threat than a galant or eclipse and thats a 2.4 sohc.

I raced a focus svt yeah i got smoked by 3 car lengths but my clutch was slipping seriously doubt he could win again im the better driver. *clutch has been replaced since then*

any way point being the cb7 is not a fast car but a 1.5 crx is hardly a threat maybe if its pushing 130tq id be concerned. (b16a)
      Lol@the idea a neon is more of a threat than a galant or an eclipse.

You obviously have no idea what your are talking about.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
        That DOES NOT happen with Accord owners, only civics and teg owners.
        And I LOVE a DA- but something in the brain be wrong with most of those guys.
        i think thats largely to due with you being a member of that community. people are stupid in both communities... its dumb to think one is worse than the other. i will say this though.... the accord community in general seems to think they have something to prove.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
          i think thats largely to due with you being a member of that community. people are stupid in both communities... its dumb to think one is worse than the other. i will say this though.... the accord community in general seems to think they have something to prove.
          Because the Accord is the underdog, everyone knows what a Civic and what a B16 is.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            Because the Accord is the underdog, everyone knows what a Civic and what a B16 is.

why care?

"Tucking tires and wires."
            The Chronicles.

Comment

True. Accords are considered to be heavy, slow, boring cars.
              I've seen enough sub-12 second Accords to know that they're plenty capable of being fast. Cbs are light by today's standards. Even my little Fit isn't all that much lighter than my CB!

Civics and Integras got all the attention, though. They have the lighter chassis, the HUGE aftermarket support, the initial following in the scene (Civics especially were very much the frontrunners of the mainstream import tuning scene.) The B series engine is truly a work of art. Anyone who says otherwise is just being spiteful. Not that the H series is bad (hell, it was originally intended for the NSX...) but the B series deserves all the glory that has been heaped upon it.

Accord owners often hate on Civics because they feel a good deal of resentment.
              I suppose I'm guilty of that myself. I don't care for Civics. Not because they're bad cars, but because I'm just sick and tired of seeing every Honda enthusiast treating the Civic or Integra (which I don't see as much different from a Civic...) as the only chassis worth working with!

Also, keep in mind... the majority of the most popular Civics and Integras are post-1990... A 1992 Civic was cheaper for an enthusiast to buy back in 2001 (when the scene erupted... thanks F&F!) than a 1992 Accord was.

Why care? For the same reason 4 cylinder guys love to beat 8 cylinder guys. For the same reason N/A guys like to beat turbo guys.
              The Civic is long known to be a tried and true platform. Hate it as you may, the Civic has proven itself in many forms of racing. The Accord is less known for its performance prowess. Partially because of the weight, or the design... and partially because fewer people seriously modify Accords. However, Accord performance enthusiasts will almost always feel the need to prove that their chassis is just as capable as that of the smaller Civic.

Comment

I had a few EG Civics. They just felt cheap, and they were. I like my nice Accord, and I did pay a premium for it in 2003.

GM's and big V8's are really my main interest, sooo I guess what I'm saying is...

Haters can hate. Does not affect me at all.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Everyone has their preference. I own a GM V8... top of the line of GM's top of the line... and I think it's cheaply made. My CB, on the other hand... amazing quality.

Basically, if a car gives you exactly what you want/expect from it, it's going to be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                    Lol@the idea a neon is more of a threat than a galant or an eclipse.

You obviously have no idea what your are talking about.
                    facepalm, really?

im not talking about a shitty base neon. And any way galants came auto and not many eclipse (3gz) came stick.

smdh at your comment.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      True. Accords are considered to be heavy, slow, boring cars.
                      I've seen enough sub-12 second Accords to know that they're plenty capable of being fast. Cbs are light by today's standards. Even my little Fit isn't all that much lighter than my CB!

Civics and Integras got all the attention, though. They have the lighter chassis, the HUGE aftermarket support, the initial following in the scene (Civics especially were very much the frontrunners of the mainstream import tuning scene.) The B series engine is truly a work of art. Anyone who says otherwise is just being spiteful. Not that the H series is bad (hell, it was originally intended for the NSX...) but the B series deserves all the glory that has been heaped upon it.

Accord owners often hate on Civics because they feel a good deal of resentment.
                      I suppose I'm guilty of that myself. I don't care for Civics. Not because they're bad cars, but because I'm just sick and tired of seeing every Honda enthusiast treating the Civic or Integra (which I don't see as much different from a Civic...) as the only chassis worth working with!

Also, keep in mind... the majority of the most popular Civics and Integras are post-1990... A 1992 Civic was cheaper for an enthusiast to buy back in 2001 (when the scene erupted... thanks F&F!) than a 1992 Accord was.

Why care? For the same reason 4 cylinder guys love to beat 8 cylinder guys. For the same reason N/A guys like to beat turbo guys.
                      The Civic is long known to be a tried and true platform. Hate it as you may, the Civic has proven itself in many forms of racing. The Accord is less known for its performance prowess. Partially because of the weight, or the design... and partially because fewer people seriously modify Accords. However, Accord performance enthusiasts will almost always feel the need to prove that their chassis is just as capable as that of the smaller Civic.
                      sums it up right here. But at the end of the day the civics are rolling around in a cramped interior, stripped interior, no accessories and a a heap of engine work. Id rather have full interior working accessories and the little 2.2L that came stock.

Comment

I dont really care for my Teg or the B18B1 thats in it.

Everything feels bare. Seats, dash, knobs, buttons. Even the feel that the power has I dont like. I guess its because its a sports car. But still, my lowered CB with 365k thats 4 years older feels better to me than my Teg with only 130k.

Cars Ive owned that feel like an Integra to me are 93 Civic, 03 Hyundai Accent, 03 Kia Spectra and 06 Chevy Cobalt SS.

Comment

I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!
                          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I owned a DA teg, b18a with a YS1 LSD. I didn't like it as far as comfort but I liked the potential it had. But DA tegs are the red head of the honda familiy probably more than accords because truthfully how many DA tegs are still in good original condition ? How many CB accords are still in good original condition ?

CB have stood the test of time, not a sports car just a sleeper

Comment

I think my story fits in this thread

Just about every friday and weekends i sit behind my highschool in the park.Alot of people do it actually.When im there im always under the hood cleaning something, waxing my car down or just chillin with the guys.So when im usually there , a group of guys with a bunch of civics are sitting close by gawking at me but i never pay attention to them.

One day , i was waxing my cb and they roll up and park next to me(literally in front of me) and walk up to me. He asked me " does this heap has vtech?".I told him no and thats not a good way to make a friend.He told me it doesnt matter he just wants to know if i want to race him.I told him and his little buddies they could go suck a fat one.The guy says your shit is slow anyways and they leave(to my relief because i have a horrible temper)

That very night, im driving behind my buddy getting ready to cruise and these a**holes drive up our bumpers flashing their lights wanting to race.Since we were getting onto a highway that was free and clear of cars, we floored it( buddy drives a 89 corolla gts 20v silvertop).We pull away from them but they were still behind us and hit a hairpin turn at about 55mph( it doesnt seem fast but the turn is very sharp).I had my window down and coming through the turn i haer a screech and then a boom.I look behind me and this guy ran up the curb and into the side of the concrete wall.

Despite all this talk and the stalking we turn back around and check on the guy before the cops came.He was fine but his eg only had 3 wheels on it and a bent frame.While he was sitting on the wall he just hit , i decided to see what he was workin with.Turns out his little eg was a single cam,automatic with cut springs and very bald ass tires I told the guy if he wants to race people to play gran turismo or something because he is gonna kill someone with his shitty driving and his half ass way of modifying his cars.

This guy now has a cb7 but its tore up and about 7 different colors.He always tries to talk to me about what i have and i refuse to talk to him after all that foolishness

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                                I think my story fits in this thread

Just about every friday and weekends i sit behind my highschool in the park.Alot of people do it actually.When im there im always under the hood cleaning something, waxing my car down or just chillin with the guys.So when im usually there , a group of guys with a bunch of civics are sitting close by gawking at me but i never pay attention to them.

One day , i was waxing my cb and they roll up and park next to me(literally in front of me) and walk up to me. He asked me " does this heap has vtech?".I told him no and thats not a good way to make a friend.He told me it doesnt matter he just wants to know if i want to race him.I told him and his little buddies they could go suck a fat one.The guy says your shit is slow anyways and they leave(to my relief because i have a horrible temper)

That very night, im driving behind my buddy getting ready to cruise and these a**holes drive up our bumpers flashing their lights wanting to race.Since we were getting onto a highway that was free and clear of cars, we floored it( buddy drives a 89 corolla gts 20v silvertop).We pull away from them but they were still behind us and hit a hairpin turn at about 55mph( it doesnt seem fast but the turn is very sharp).I had my window down and coming through the turn i haer a screech and then a boom.I look behind me and this guy ran up the curb and into the side of the concrete wall.

Despite all this talk and the stalking we turn back around and check on the guy before the cops came.He was fine but his eg only had 3 wheels on it and a bent frame.While he was sitting on the wall he just hit , i decided to see what he was workin with.Turns out his little eg was a single cam,automatic with cut springs and very bald ass tires I told the guy if he wants to race people to play gran turismo or something because he is gonna kill someone with his shitty driving and his half ass way of modifying his cars.

This guy now has a cb7 but its tore up and about 7 different colors.He always tries to talk to me about what i have and i refuse to talk to him after all that foolishness

I always say, "Oh well, it was a Civic. No loss." Shouldnt have been on the road anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X