Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1/4 panels help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4 panels help!

so ive searched the web for 1/4 panels for my 92 accord and cant find anything their is a coup i wana buy but it needs 1/4's and my sedan needs 1/4 panels as well does anyone know where i can get some at a good price?

Have you tried rockauto.com?

Comment

yes all they have is the wheel arch panel not the full 1/4 panel

Comment

I honestly can't understand what you're asking.

Comment

I don't believe they are available from Honda any more; if so, the cost for these is quite high (>$700 per side just for the outer skin if Honda had them). For the most part, you have to go south to find rust free shells to cut quarters out of. I saw several at a U Pull A Part in Montgomery, AL in January. They are rare, but I have found them here in Ohio. Don't know if U Pull yards will cut them and ship them, might call and ask, or plan a junk yard vacation in the US. They should be cut to include most (if not all) of the inner wheel housing). The thread below will give you an idea of what is involved in replacing the entire quarter panel and a portion of the inner wheel housing.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=ruby

P.S. This being the beginner section, be careful about asking to buy or sell - check out the rules.
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-24-2014, 09:28 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Check out andys auto the have the panels I think

Comment

Andy's will end up sending you a panel for a Suburban.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                I don't believe they are available from Honda any more; if so, the cost for these is quite high (>$700 per side just for the outer skin if Honda had them). For the most part, you have to go south to find rust free shells to cut quarters out of. I saw several at a U Pull A Part in Montgomery, AL in January. They are rare, but I have found them here in Ohio. Don't know if U Pull yards will cut them and ship them, might call and ask, or plan a junk yard vacation in the US. They should be cut to include most (if not all) of the inner wheel housing). The thread below will give you an idea of what is involved in replacing the entire quarter panel and a portion of the inner wheel housing.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=ruby

P.S. This being the beginner section, be careful about asking to buy or sell - check out the rules.
                no there not available at honda and i was actually planing a us trip once my project k24 coupe is finished. i will probably stop at some you pick and pull yards that i discover on the way thanks

Comment

Originally posted by onecrazym View Post
                  so ive searched the web for 1/4 panels for my 92 accord and cant find anything their is a coup i wana buy but it needs 1/4's and my sedan needs 1/4 panels as well does anyone know where i can get some at a good price?
                  have you tried fixmyrust.com ? now if it's deeper than that, go to junkyards, and start chopping up the whole left and right sections.

edit: - looks like person before me has helped more than me.

Comment

if you plan a 'junkyarding" vacation in the US, try the american southwest (AZ,NM,NV,CO)

i was in AZ for a 2 week period visiting my sister a number of years ago and found rust free Chevrolet Vegas in the local j/y's

shouldn't be too hard to find rust free cb's down there and cut the quarters ections out of them
                    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I was talking to the guys at NAPA on Friday. They can get rear wheel arches for about $63.00. It's pricier than what you will pay online, but there is no shipping charge. I'm in Bridgewater, so there shouldn't be a big discrepancy in the price.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Andy's will end up sending you a panel for a Suburban.
                        Or a door panel from a '92 Camaro!

Stay as far away from Andy's Auto Sport as possible.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

mostly every where well just be the wheel arch, especially if its for a sedan. iv'e never personally looked for a full panel for a sedan. i have seen them for coupes though. it sucks because the wheel arch one's don't cover underneath the door pillar and that's where iv'e seen a'lot of people's cars rust the most and i'm currently one of those people .

Comment

Aren't the rear fenders integrated to the body? If not, how do they come off?
                            Originally posted by foamypirate
                            It's not the look. It's the fucking ear drum destroying, bees in a can, bolts in a tumbler, weed eater from hell sound.

Comment

Welded. They have to be cut off, and new panels have to be welded on.

Comment

Working...
                              X