Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Do It Yourself: Stereo Removal/Installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do It Yourself: Stereo Removal/Installation.

Here guys, insted of going to some other website and looking for instructions, here they are, on here. This was very simple, took me about an hour and a half. (ish)

Tools you will need
    Phillipshead screwdriver.
    Wire cutters/strippers
    Splice connects.
    8mm Ratchet.
    Stereo installation kit.
    Wire harness.

and a new stereo would help too. :P

Step one
    Disconnect negative battery cable. (black one)

Step two
    Move the passenger/driver seats as far back as they can both go.
    Take the phillips head screwdriver, and you will locate 4 screws on the housing around your (in my case) automatic shifter.

There are two screws on each side, remove them all.

Step three.

Insert your key into your "shift lock" slot on your automatic shifter, move it to N. You will be doing this, to get the housing from around the shifter. Pull the emergency break, so you won't roll away. Remove the ash tray. Now, just lift the housing off. It should come off with no problem.

You should look like this now.

Step four.

You need to remove the "metal thing" that the ash tray was at.

The three screws that are holding it in place, remove them. Pull it down, but don't go crazy and rip it, because theres a light attached to it for the ash tray. Just let it hang.

You should look like this.

Step Five.

If you look up in there, you should see two gold bolts. Thats whats holding that stock stereo in place.

Take that 8mm ratchet, and remove them. (**note** if you don't have an 8mm ratchet handy, you can use your screwdriver.)

Step Six.

Your stock stereo should just come right out now.

Pull it a little, to disconnect the antenna, and wire harness.

It shouldn't take much effort to get it out.

You should look like this now.

edited by steelbluesleepR to replace images.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 09-05-2017, 01:13 AM.

Step Six.

This is where thoes wirecutter/stripper and splice connects come in handy.
    If you haven't already wired up the wire harness that goes from your new stereo, to your stock connections....

do that now. for me, i matched everything up color to color, worked fine.

Also, take the DIN sleeve off of your new stereo, and fit it into the din and pocket "thing"

Bend the flaps, so the din sleeve is secure.

[b]note** be sure you snap the correct snap ends off of the new pocket, because some you don't need. I only needed two on the top, and two on the bottom.

Step Seven.

snap that into place, following with your new stereo.
    before you get that in, be sure to plug the aftermarket harness into the oem harness, it's pretty simple. Aswell as plugging your antenna back in. Everything goes where it fits.

should look like this now.

What I did, was connected my battery back real quick just to check if everything was wired up correctly. I suggest you do the same.

Luckly, mine was.

Bolt it up accordingly, then just do everything you did to get it off in reverse.

Make sure you have no screws left over, because if you do...

then you've got a problem..

i ended up with two screws left, and they were the gold ones that secured the stereo into the dash. but i left them out, becuase i'm gonna fix that when i install my amp/subs.

And you're done.

Finished product. Post any/all questions here. I'll check in every so-often, and I'm sure other people will too. Your question will be answered.

edited by steelbluesleepR to replace images.
    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 09-05-2017, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I know this is off topic, but I have a question about the two circular lights coming from under the stereo, one is from cig what's the other? Because I don't have a light around my cig and my cig lighter isn't working at all. So would the no light be from bad wiring, or bad cig lighter?
      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

The blue light on the left, that's just a glare. Haha.

Um, I'm thinking it'd be the actual cigarette lighter assembly itself. But, check the wiring and stuff before you go doing anything. Push the lighter in, to see if it heats up. If it does heat up, then I think the actual light is bad. I might be wrong, so if I am somebody correct me, but I think that's how it goes.

Comment

Easy install

Thanks for the detailed instructions, pictures were good too. Very helpful indeed man. I got it installed in about 3 hours, I've never done any audio work before but it wasn't too bad. Now my car looks and sounds better inside. Thanks again!
          Last edited by Scubasteve_dan; 02-12-2007, 10:44 PM. Reason: I actually installed the thing now

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

just a tip to shorten this install, if you just take a 8mm deep socket on a ratchet and look behind the radio theres 2 8mm bolts, if you just take those off you can pull out there radio without hasseling with removing the whole center console and ash tray.

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Thats a good write and pics. Its a little of topic but where exactly is the bulb for the automatic shifter because mine burnt out thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
                Thanks for the detailed instructions, pictures were good too. Very helpful indeed man. I got it installed in about 3 hours, I've never done any audio work before but it wasn't too bad. Now my car looks and sounds better inside. Thanks again!

hah, that's awesome man! let's see some pictures!

Comment

ive gotten mine down to less than 20 min im getting so fast at cb's... most all accords actually

Member Ride Facebook
                  XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
                    Thats a good write and pics. Its a little of topic but where exactly is the bulb for the automatic shifter because mine burnt out thanks.

oh, i'm not really sure.

but, tomorrow (if i remember), i'll get into my accord and take the slushbox apart, and see whats up, and how that'll work out.

like i said, if i remember. then i'll post back on here and let you know. haha.

Comment

Ok thanks I would try to look at it but there is so much snow.

Comment

man wish i knew bout this site earlier

Comment

great idea...
                          but i think when i installed mine i have alot of shortcut...

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Any clue if the double din radio from a 98 accord sedan will have an atachment point? The way it looks it appears that is mounts from the front, not the back. The radio in my prelude is front mount, but there doesn't appear to be a way for the radio in these accords to have front mounts.
                            I'm not a newb to cars or honda's only these accords. Just got one

Comment

nice write up
                              Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                              Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Working...
                              X