Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I am thinking about buying this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Porsche had a hand in the development of Volvo's I6. It's a shame it was only ever paired with an automatic transmission! Volvo could've developed some seriously wicked cars based around that engine.

Man, that thing looks so clean. They're getting rare on the roads up here in NJ, and any I do see are usually banged up and/or rusted all to hell. I'm jealous!
    I have seen a few 960s that have been swapped to manual using a m90 trans, 850 flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. The thought crossed my mind but I am more interested in modding my Accord than chasing rare Volvo parts right now, but if the auto fails I will have to consider swapping.

I couldn't pass this one up at the price I got it for and it cleaned up pretty good for a quick wash. The only things that I have found that don't work are the passenger side rear window, the keyless entry and the driver's seat doesn't move forward and back but all other functions work.

Comment

Just posting a picture of my driveway, not much has changed. I still have my sister's Legend, wife's Kia, my Accord and Volvo wagon. I just noticed my daughter is in my Accord, lol.

Comment

Good pickup on the wagon. Cool cars but too bad they were only available with automatics in the states
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Trans stopped shifting in my Volvo about a month ago, fixed that problem and 2 weeks later the radiator busted. I still have to replace the radiator, it has been sitting in my garage since the day after my radiator busted, my Accord has been serving as DD since.

Comment

The crazy thing about those volvos especially the wagons alot of people sleep on those and by then its too late you found yourself a victim.

Comment

A radiator is a cheap fix! $100 at your local autoparts store should get you a functional cheapie.

Those things really are some of the best sleepers. I've been dying to get a good one and go for a V8 swap. I only wish someone still made conversion kit! The Volv8 kid for the Ford 5.0 and the Jags That Run kit for the Chevy LSx are both discontinued

Comment

You can still get V8 conversion kits, they are out there. LS swap is the way to go these days.

I really like driving my 740, maybe it's just that I've missed driving a small stick shift car. It's terribly slow tho! I'm thinking about putting a stock turbo setup on the engine and switch over to megasquirt since it needs a engine harness anyways.

Comment

Are there still companies that make V8 swap kits? The two that I mentioned are the only ones I've ever been aware of. If there are still quality kits available, I may bump a Volvo project to the top of my list!

Comment

STS machining is one guy that mounts, Yoshifab makes LSX mounts as well. You'll pay good money for aftermarket custom mounts, but it's worth it for a drop in solution.

Everyone's been pushing me for the V8 swap into my Socal 740, but I like it the way it is and have plenty of other V8 toys anyways. 30 MPG is a nice change too.

Comment

Oh yeah. You mentioned sts and I already forgot! Duh!

Comment

As oni_cb7 pointed out you definitely need to look at my friend Tyson's site:
                        https://drivetofive.com/

He is AMAZING!

What makes him amazing is he started out with a used 1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan (6-Speed Desert Mist) and put more than a half million miles on it!

Acura got wind of it and they arranged for him to cross the 500K mark at their Torrance HQ. When he arrived they had a major celebration for him where they awarded him a brand new (at the time) 2013 ILX.

His collection has grown significantly:

1992 Acura NSX 5-Speed Formula Red on Black
                        1993 Acura L Sedan Automatic Canterbury Green on Taupe
                        1994 Acura Legend LS Coupe 6-Speed Desert Mist on Taupe
                        1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan 6-Speed Desert Mist on Taupe
                        1994 Acura Vigor GS 5-Speed Arcadia Green on Cognac
                        2013 Acura ILX 6-Speed Silver Moon on Black

This past summer he and a friend drove up Alaska and kept going all the way to the Arctic Circle!

He hardly ever sits still and is always driving one of his cars someplace.
                        Check out his blog to see all he has going on and places he's been....

BTW all his cars are manual transmission and he religiously has them serviced so they are super reliable.

The only major difference in owning an Acura vs Honda is cost of parts. Sometime they're the same and many times they are more. Overall still a Honda and very satisfying to own. I still have my original 04 TSX 6-speed and it's been the most entertaining car I've owned.
                        Last edited by hiptech; 10-11-2016, 08:01 PM.
                        My Collection:
                        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Working...
                        X