Summer work boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer work boots

I just started an internship at Neapco driveline in Beatrice, NE and I would like to get some uninsulated steel toed boots for walking around in the factory. I've looked at timberland and Caterpillar's selections so far. I'm curious if there are other quality brands of boots I can get without paying an arm and a leg? What have you all had the best experiences with?

I buy walmart waterproof/steel toe boots. $40 a pair if that and they usually last me about 2 years. They're pretty comfortable too with the right insoles. They ventilate good too, I'm a big sweaty dude, but my feet are always dry hahaha.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
      I just started an internship at Neapco driveline in Beatrice, NE and I would like to get some uninsulated steel toed boots for walking around in the factory. I've looked at timberland and Caterpillar's selections so far. I'm curious if there are other quality brands of boots I can get without paying an arm and a leg? What have you all had the best experiences with?
      Personally I wear Carthartt boots.

I've worn many brands of boots over the years and Carhartt seems to meet my needs the best without breaking the bank. Justin, Ariat, Iron Age, Thorogood, CAT, etc are some of the brands that come to mind as I remember which I was most fond of.

I've worn Brahma work boots as well and I see quite a few people wearing them. Personally I've worn out two pairs and they definitely have their strong points. The first is durability. The pair I bought twice are the defender. They last me about a year which is a really long time for the price. The second strong point is the fit. They tend to fit my feet pretty well. The downfalls are they are hot and they don't breathe well like most Brahma boots and the material in the ankle on up area is very abrasive. You need long socks that stay up on your calf throughout the day and the boots will wear holes in them relatively fast. Thicker socks would help but then your feet are even hotter. The tread also became super slick when wet a few months after I bought them but that may have been oil, gas, lime-sulfur spray or who knows that caused it. I noticed it all of a sudden so idk.

I'm on my first pair of Carhartt dark bison square toe Wellington's I've worn for two and a half years now. I suspect I will get another year maybe more out of them. They broke in nicely, they fit great, they're warm in the winter with the addition of a nice pair of socks, they are cooler than most in the summer and the tread is pretty universal. They are also holding their water proofing well and have proven to be really durable in the environments I've exposed them to for the price. I paid $150ish at a local hardware store. That's the typical price for a quality work boot as from both what I've seen and what I can gather from what boots I've purchased.
      They are right about the same price as Timberlands.
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-17-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

I wear danners because they are from Oregon. They replace them if there Is any kind of problems at all. I found it totally worth it to buy quality boots. I only buy their USA made ones though the Chinese ones fit weird sometimes.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. For some reason I completely spaced on carhartt so I will check those out.

Comment

i hate to say it but redwings don't cut it for me anymore. im on my 3rd set and my feet has developed problems. i don't think they are to blame though when you stand on concrete for 50+ hrs a week.

they are 200/pair for the USA made ones, the chinese made ones are cheaper but eff that.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I have some Irish setter boots from redwing and I love them. The only issue is that 800g insulation does not mix very well with 80 degree and up weather.

Comment

Timberland PRO Men's Titan Composite Toe Boot

Comment

Danner is having a 25&#37; off sale, you can get a us made pair for less than 200.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by floored View Post
                    Timberland PRO Men's Titan Composite Toe Boot
                    Timberland PRO Men's Rig Master Wellington Steel Toe Boot .

Comment

I wear work boots 10 hours a day, 5 days a week all year round.

A lot of the older guys at work swear by the cheaper boots ($40-$60) that you can replace every 3 to 6 months. I used to do this buying Smiths from modells, payless work boots, no names from sears, etc. Until I bought my first pair of timberland pros! Those things are awesome! They last forever and still feel great.

I personally hate wearing boots in the summer but since my job requires it, I have no choice. I would recommend timb pros or a wolverine. Wolverines are great and super comfy but do not last as long as timb pros.
                      Originally posted by cb7dazz
                      And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      ...for example

Comment

Working...
                      X