Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Delayed Throttle Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed Throttle Response

Hello I have a 1990 HONDA ACCORD EX AUTO F22A1 noticed when flooring it while at steady speed of 35-50 I push the pedal all the way to the floor it goes up to 3-4k rpms takes a few seconds 3-5 second delay it starts flying and goes up to 4.5k-6k also I am not sure if it related but I do have a exhaust leak and when I let off the gas I hear popping in the exhaust is that normal with a small exhaust leak? The transmission fluid looks good but can't say when its been changed last since I haven't changed it yet as of two and a half years ago when I bought the car. Also seems like some possibly hesitation or something maybe in the engine?

that popping is definitely because of the leaky exhaust and you can loose some power too. if it is a small hole you can take a beer can or pop can cut the ends off and clamp it on for a temporary fix. for the hesitation try fuel system cleaner and a tune-up if it has been a long time since it was done. the tranny i have a m/t so i got nothing.
    Last edited by marvin75; 05-24-2014, 08:29 PM. Reason: had a afterthought

Comment

I have owned about 5 CB7's now, auto and manual. The tranny fluid rarely needs changed, if ever. Only time I would change it would be if the color is more brown or black than red. Tranny fluid should be red in color. With every auto I owned, I drained a lil fluid out, and added a court of Lucas Tranny Fix, as a precautionary move. You can buy Lucas at almost any parts house.

And, any muffler shop worth their salt should be able to weld up a small exhaust leak for next to nothing. I'd check into it.

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to also look at your throttle cable tension and also inspect the throttle body for fluid movement. It also is a F22A1 automatic so I wouldn't be looking for insane throttle response like a fine tuned set of ITB's...lol

Comment

Vacuum leaks maybe?
          Seafoam your car and see if you can find any leaks.

Comment

it starts flying....................wow that can be hard to understand is it doing this?
            " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Also Check Throttle cable slack good video on youtube from Eric " the car guy " who calls this video " free Horsepower " lol but it could help your cause to check and tighten if need be you should be able to eyeball and guess if slack is too much. It needs some but if at W.O.T its bent like a yoga instructor its slacked out too much . Heres link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rawvJop772E

Comment

Tune up may need done as well if in 2 and a half years you have not changed spark plugs or maybe installed them wrong you may have delayed throttle response as well. What other info can you provide in relation to engine maintenance?

Comment

run seafoam man, i am telling u. even if it isn't you will find all your leaks.
                  Make sure to suck it up from a vacuum line. It will also clean up all the carbon deposits in your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                    it starts flying....................wow that can be hard to understand is it doing this?
                    Cb7tuner needs a "like" button.... or I need to find it

Comment

Check the distributor timing. It it running the correct base timing?

Comment

Has the OP pulled the spark plugs? I know my plugs had oil in them when I changed them so I am due to replace spark plug seals soon as I can maybe plugs are fouled with oil?

Comment

Working...
                        X