Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car starts fine cold but doesnt start after shutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car starts fine cold but doesnt start after shutoff

Hi guys

cant seem to login with my old account. Anyway, have problems with car:

starting it in the morning after 8+ hours of non-use is no problem.
    shutting car off to gas up at a gas station and trying to turn it back on (after about 5-10 mins) just cranks but doesnt start.

Any ideas where/what to check?

p.s. just changed the started a few weeks ago.

do you have spark when this happens? it is possible that the igniter/ignition module once it warms up is not functioning properly.

Comment

Uhh how do i check for spark?

Anyway ill see if it does in the morning.

Thanks!

Comment

only 2 things that i know of that usually go bad when this happens ignighter or main relay. if ce light isnt shutting off after like 10 seconds with the key on. relay is probably bad. if it shuts off and no spark then probably ignighter. if it does it then tap on the main relay under the dash and see if it fixes it. you may also be able to pull out the main relay and look for broken soldier joints inside.
        my build
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202734

Comment

relay

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post

The issues I experienced with fuel pump relay was different than yours. When it was hot outside >90 I would be able to turn the car on first thing in the morning. but if i were to turn it off I would have a hell of a time trying to restart it. eventually it would start. this issue was fixed by replacing the relay.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=53888

Comment

you can buy an inexpensive spark tester at most auto parts stores. they usually clip to a ground and the spark plug wire clips on top just like a spark plug then turn motor over put where you can see it if you don't have a helper.

Comment

relay

had the same problem

Comment

DCB7: thanks for that link! Very insightful. Im gonna try that out!

Comment

Working...
                X