Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

clutch recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch recomendations

I didn't see any vendor recommendations anybody have any thoughts on the eclutchmasters stage 2 with 12lb flywheel?

To help you and give you recommendations, we are going to need to know what your goals are for your car. Is this a daily driver, a weekend track car project, a show car project?
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Get a quality clutch that is designed for the power your engine is making. If you're not making more than 150whp, you don't need anything more than stock. A "better" clutch isn't going to offer any performance benefits, and it will only cost more, and wear out your flywheel and pressure plate faster. Clutch material, like brake pads, will cause more wear on the friction surfaces with more aggressive material.
      Just buy a quality brand, and you'll be good. Exedy makes fantastic products.

A 12lb flywheel is a decent weight for a daily driver. Light enough to notice the difference, but not so light that it's annoying. I have a 12lb flywheel myself. When I bought it, I debated getting lighter. Once I installed it, I was happy that I didn't.

Comment

Get a quality clutch that is designed for the power your engine is making. If you're not making more than 150whp, you don't need anything more than stock. A "better" clutch isn't going to offer any performance benefits, and it will only cost more, and wear out your flywheel and pressure plate faster. Clutch material, like brake pads, will cause more wear on the friction surfaces with more aggressive material.
        Just buy a quality brand, and you'll be good. Exedy makes fantastic products.

A 12lb flywheel is a decent weight for a daily driver. Light enough to notice the difference, but not so light that it's annoying. I have a 12lb flywheel myself. When I bought it, I debated getting lighter. Once I installed it, I was happy that I didn't.

Comment

clutch recomendations

soon it will be 150 hp very soon want to do a turbo'd f22b. one day i hope to be maiking 500 hp daily driver

Comment

I know that Saturn S Series aftermarket oem style clutch kits were not all considered to be of equal quality and that the forum members suggested strongly to get a Luk clutch kit for those cars. I did and it worked awesome and cost me only 4125 as well does anyone here use a Luk kit on there CB7/CB9?
            " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

The Prelude H22 clutch bolts right up. I use an OEM H22 clutch for my NA builds. Of course, if you are turbocharging, you need something stronger.

Comment

That's good info too know about the Prelude clutch mounting right up , you gotta love how much Prelude stuff swaps riight in.
                " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

I got a Barnoff stage 2 off of ebay and its supposedly rated for up to 300 HP. Its a nice, firm clutch, good for the money..
                  Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

the eclutchmasters one is rated to like 327 hp i got a good deal on it and i bought it before i found you guys. was just wondering if anybody had ever used this company and if you had how was your experience with it.

Comment

Wondering....

looking at about 400 hp.. What kind of clutch set up would be best?

Comment

A clutch designed for 400hp.
                        Please don't hijack other people's threads.

Comment

Getting a clutch that handles HP is great but your main concern is the torque the clutch can handle and also clamping force. Other key things is to consider is what type of pressure plate you want not all clutches fit every drivers preference. And just like any part you buy not always dollars spent equal quality parts. I would look more at the brand Competition Clutch.

Comment

I had ACT 6 puck sprung on my old turbo 240... never had any problems
                            I have a Unsprung on my cb7 right now and i def liked the sprung one better.

Originally posted by marvin75 View Post
                            I didn't see any vendor recommendations anybody have any thoughts on the eclutchmasters stage 2 with 12lb flywheel?

Comment

personally i hate clutches that are rated in HP they should be rated in torque. if a motor spinning 8000 rpm makes 500hp and another engine spinning 4000 rpm makes 500hp the engine spinning 4000rpm will produce twice the twisting force as the 8000 rpm one.

anyways i went with the action clutch 2ms from bisimotos store. good for 500+ hp
                              my build
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202734

Comment

Working...
                              X