Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Interchangeable speakers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchangeable speakers??

For starters. I'm totally on the nuts and bolts side of cars, not the electronics..
    My question is, is there any legends or cl ect. that have same size speakers that would even be worth putting in the cb7 vs. buying aftermarket? I have a great local junk yard with lots of these cars in it. having that said, has anyone ever picked speakers out of a junk yard and got a good set?

Thanks.
    child of the corn lol

95% of OEM speakers on older cars are garbage. The ones that had the nice stereos (OEM BOSE / Infinity / etc) typically had amplifiers and special head units which were all part of the system that would be a nightmare to try and configure.

The old GM 6x9s were silly load back in the day, but I don't know how they'd sound these days. The Scion tC OEM base stereo isn't so bad either, but I'd be surprised if you could find a set in a junkyard yet.

That being said, for what you'd spend for a lower end aftermarket speaker, the upgrade in quality would far outweigh any hookup you'd get from using a cheap junkyard speaker.

Your other option would be to scour the yard hoping to find a car that came to the yard with nice aftermarket speakers still installed. I found a set of Infinity Reference 612i speakers in a Nissan Stanza at a yard probably 10 years ago.

Comment

You'd be better off buying some speakers off the forums here or ebay. Older stock speakers are trash. Newer model car speakers are pretty good.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ok thanks for the input. I've always used stock speakers because I don't care much about audio but mine have really started to get bad.

Comment

If you were considering anything audio from a junk yard that was OEM it would have to be newer-ish. A lot of OEM speaker's woofers seem to be made it cardboard and they dry and become brittle with time.

As others mentioned, I'd go aftermarket.

Comment

Junk yard always equal gold... idk about where u at, but out here the cars had decent speakers, like sony, apline, I even found 6x9 rockford fosgates.

Fyi dx only had front speakers 6.5 in.
            Lx came 6.5 front and back
            Ex 5.5 front 6x9 in rear

Idk about se or 10th anni cars.

When I had a lx I used ex rear 6x9 pods and Boom 6x9s in the rear.
            Now I have a ex so I took out the front 5.5in and put 6.5 in bam. If u had a amp u can set up ur speakers to have decent bass. I don't like a lot of bass. But w/e. I fuckz with Lanzar subs!
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Just go to Walmart and walk out with a complete set of Pioneer speakers for less than $100.

Way less hassle and pretty simple to splice and hook up 8 wires.

Comment

You can get great deals on ebay or if you are patient, as metioned above, keep checking your local salvage yards. Dont just check Honda's at the salvage yards. A lot of cars use the same size speakers. Ive defiantely found some great deals there.
                Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Most junkyard speakers are usually either gone or totally junked in my opinion. I have found that best buy has some great sounding alpines as I have them in my car. The SE model has 6x9 in the rear and is a easy swap to do.
                  To jdm or not jdm that is the question

Comment

I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate Prime series speakers from rear deck of my 92 LX CB7 and they are 5.25 inch round and sound great interested? Shipping will cost a good bit but I have no need for them anymore
                    " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

If you pull from a junkyard stay away from anything that has been left in the rain or the interior looks rough. The humidity will damage the voice coils in almost everything. I wouldn't buy speakers from a junkyard but if you do, I would stay away from anything Honda ( unfortunately) try looking into newer model vehicles like cadillacs (BOSE!!) or maybe some VW/Audis. If not just buy new or go pawn shop like everyone here is saying. You don't need anything high wattage if you are just using the factory or a cheap radio, the lower the power handling the louder they will be, if you go new only pay attention to the rms wattage and get the best you can find--peak wattage doesn't mean jack

Comment

honestly, car audio shops have sales ALL the time, and usually have good-enough stuff for stupid prices. I got a Cerwin Vega component set (separate mids and tweeters) for like $25 a couple of years ago.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                          I have a pair of Rockford Fosgate Prime series speakers from rear deck of my 92 LX CB7 and they are 5.25 inch round and sound great interested? Shipping will cost a good bit but I have no need for them anymore
                          No buyin sellin or trading in beginer section. Thanks
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

just for clarification a 90 lx would have 6.5 front and back speakers?

Comment

Base model cars have 6.5" speakers all around. You can convert them to 6x9s by changing the speaker boxes on the rear deck from an EX/SE.

Comment

Working...
                              X